Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it a good idea to sell cPanel accounts from VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is it a good idea to sell cPanel accounts from VPS?

LampardLampard Member, Patron Provider
edited November 2017 in Help

Hello guys,

I am just a bit confused, i have a very small company and i am not in need of a dedicated server, in fact i am thinking that i should get a VPS, probably in this black friday which would have 8 GB RAM annually. There are very great offers in Black Friday for these large VPS.

The question is, is it a good idea to install a cPanel VPS License into the VPS and sell the cPanel accounts? What problems would i face i use a VPS? Please guide me, i am bit new to this.

More information: Is there any problem if i use any free web control panel and sell shared hosting?

Note: I am aware of reseller hosting, but it looks very limited. I prefer having a root access, also i am already using reseller hosting.

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten

Comments

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

as long as node servers are not too oversold in blackfriday friday . You can use a vps for shared hosting . Many people do it and worth if the vps is good performance .

The problem you will face slowness if too many vpses was setup by your vps provider on a single node on black Friday :D

Thanked by 1Lampard
  • If You're new to VPS, then start learning basic commands, filesystems and such. Then try to install something like cpanel. Knowledge is key in this space

• LampardLampard Member, Patron Provider

@hostdare said:
    as long as node servers are not too oversold in blackfriday friday . You can use a vps for shared hosting . Many people do it and worth if the vps is good performance .

The problem you will face slowness if too many vpses was setup by your vps provider on a single node on black Friday :D

Haha, thats what i am worried about, but i am probably sure that well-known providers wouldn't oversell it.

@FoxelVox said:
    If You're new to VPS, then start learning basic commands, filesystems and such. Then try to install something like cpanel. Knowledge is key in this space

I am not new to VPS, i do know basic commands and have been already in game server industry for five years. I just do not have much experience about hosting cpanel accounts in a VPS.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Lampard said: I just do not have much experience about hosting cpanel accounts in a VPS.

as I said many do it and even many big hosting providers do to save cost in license fees and ( easy to back up a vps . )

Thanked by 1Lampard
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

To be honest, I would go as far as to suggest you get a dedicated server, set up a VPS on the dedi and then install cPanel on that.

Faster reboots etc for updates, much easier to backup, you have a kind of built-in recovery and hopefully IPMI or similar for out of band access.

But sure, if you want to start on a budget, VPS is 100% fine.

Thanked by 2hostdare Lampard
    edited November 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    To be honest, I would go as far as to suggest you get a dedicated server, set up a VPS on the dedi and then install cPanel on that.

Faster reboots etc for updates, much easier to backup, you have a kind of built-in recovery and hopefully IPMI or similar for out of band access.

But sure, if you want to start on a budget, VPS is 100% fine.

Unfortunately budget is not that high and probably i can only affordable a 8 GB RAM VPS and that too at black friday deals. There's very large price difference between both.

• I am also owner of VPS and selling Cpanels , no problem there.

Thanked by 1Lampard
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Lampard said: Unfortunately budget is not that high and probably i can only affordable a 8 GB RAM VPS and that too at black friday deals. There's very large price difference between both.

Then I think you should be looking for a reputable reseller instead.

Thanked by 2Junkless Lampard
  • I am also owner of vps, selling shared hosting account , using free panel, and free billing.

• @yokowasis said:
    I am also owner of vps, selling shared hosting account , using free panel, and free billing.

What are you using? What free cpanel and free billing?

• @Lampard

Grab a netcup.de root server and toss cPanel on that. It's as cheap as dedicated resources on a VPS gets.

Thanked by 2Lampard Ympker

@FlamesRunner said:
    @Lampard

Grab a netcup.de root server and toss cPanel on that. It's as cheap as dedicated resources on a VPS gets.

Thanks for your suggestion, but i think i will get something more cheaper on Black Friday than this.

• @rumi4 said:

@yokowasis said:
    I am also owner of vps, selling shared hosting account , using free panel, and free billing.

What are you using? What free cpanel and free billing?

Vesta, CWP, boxbilling.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Lampard said: Thanks for your suggestion, but i think i will get something more cheaper on Black Friday than this.

You're going to be a great shared hosting provider...

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @Lampard

What's a root server ? A vps with dedicated core ?

• Lampard said: i am thinking that i should get a VPS, probably in this black friday which would have 8 GB RAM annually. There are very great offers in Black Friday for these large VPS.

Most of these VPS offers are not suitable for production. You will want to get good and fast support for your server and in BF it could be limited. Be sure to read the terms and conditions.

Thanked by 1Lampard
    edited November 2017

@raindog308 said:

Lampard said: Thanks for your suggestion, but i think i will get something more cheaper on Black Friday than this.

Very great, you will be proud.

@imok said:

Lampard said: i am thinking that i should get a VPS, probably in this black friday which would have 8 GB RAM annually. There are very great offers in Black Friday for these large VPS.

Most of these VPS offers are not suitable for production. You will want to get good and fast support for your server and in BF it could be limited. Be sure to read the terms and conditions.

Yeah, i do check ToS before buying.

• better using reseller cpanel account from good provider

• Wrong forum if you expect a serious answer.

• @Hxxx said:
    Wrong forum if you expect a serious answer.

?

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited November 2017

@Lampard said:

@FlamesRunner said:
    @Lampard

Thanks for your suggestion, but i think i will get something more cheaper on Black Friday than this.

As great as cPanel is, it won't run well on a dog turd. BF VPS servers are almost guaranteed to be oversold unless it's a dedicated server or a @Francisco Pony slice.

Thanked by 1Lampard
  • @FlamesRunner said:

@Lampard said:

@FlamesRunner said:
    @Lampard

As great as cPanel is, it won't run well on a dog turd. BF VPS servers are almost guaranteed to be oversold unless it's a dedicated server or a @Francisco Pony slice.

or netcup dedicated cores

• @Ympker

That too :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Lampard said: Very great, you will be proud.

Unlikely. You can't build a castle on a foundation of sand.

If you're looking for something cheap on a black Friday deal, you're going to end up with a budget provider and the first time you have a server problem, your customers will be down for 24 hours.

Thanked by 1Lampard

@raindog308 said:

Lampard said: Very great, you will be proud.

Unlikely. You can't build a castle on a foundation of sand.

If you're looking for something cheap on a black Friday deal, you're going to end up with a budget provider and the first time you have a server problem, your customers will be down for 24 hours.

Not all cheap providers provide the bad services with downtime. There are few examples such as VirMach, they have best Black Friday deals and their services are really good.

• @Lampard said:
    Not all cheap providers provide the bad services with downtime. There are few examples such as VirMach, they have best Black Friday deals and their services are really good.

There's a trade-off, however. You need to pay for everything else you need. I'm not saying this is bad- it's just a different ideology. Pay up front, or pay later. I just wish they'd go back to offering IPv6. :(

• @WSS said:
    There's a trade-off, however. You need to pay for everything else you need. I'm not saying this is bad- it's just a different ideology. Pay up front, or pay later. I just wish they'd go back to offering IPv6. :(

I have been wondering why people (vps users) are in deep need of ipv6. Isn't IPv4 sufficient for all kind of websites/apps/program?

• @MultiStars said:

@WSS said:

I have been wondering why people (vps users) are in deep need of ipv6. Isn't IPv4 sufficient for all kind of websites/apps/program?

Many of us also use NAT based hosting which give us native IPv6, so we don't need to bind to our 20 or so ports to use it. Also, I'm willing to pay a few pennies more, because dammit, I'll be ready for the migration (that doesn't happen for another 10 years).

Thanked by 1MultiStars
  • @raindog308 said:

Perhaps you can directly sell accounts here on BF. Just offer half of your resources for a quarter of the price. And sell that four times.
    I’m sure no one has ever thought of this. You’ll do great!

Thanked by 1WSS