Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tell me what's wrong with this image... WSI and Datashack one and the same?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tell me what's wrong with this image... WSI and Datashack one and the same?

I did not use inspect element, the URL bar is unchanged.

Comments

• They always have been as far as I know

• Yeah, this isn't new, they have always been different brands of the same company as far as I knew.

Cheers!

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited August 2013
  • RalliasRallias Member
    edited August 2013

@TheLinuxBug said:
    Yeah, this isn't new, they have always been different brands of the same company as far as I knew.

Well... it's news to me.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited August 2013

I believe WSI handles support for DS.

They are owned by two different people (Aaron and Brooks) as far as I have been able to discern, but for technology purposes they are more or less the same.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

They were somewhat affiliated but not in that way. Datashack had their own panel, not sure when they merged. When I had services with them ~2-3 months ago DS had their own.

• They are very close, but not the same.
    IMO WII is more strict on some rules(eg. cannot use your own Windows License) and their network is a little more stable than DS.

• LucashayesLucashayes Member
    edited August 2013

Screen cap from just now.

• LucashayesLucashayes Member
    edited August 2013

Best I can figure is that they use WSI's ubersmith install with re-branding and somehow it went back to default for you.

Though I find it suspicious that the announcements from June are all missing.

• @Lucashayes said:
    Though I find it suspicious that the announcements from June are all missing.

Because this is my WSI account.

• @Rallias said:
    Because this is my WSI account.

OH, sorry I thought it was the other way around (you were trying to acccess a DataShack account but got WSI branding). So yea makes a bit more sense.

• I'm not surprised, I knew they both operated in Oak Tower.

• @Jeffrey said:
    I'm not surprised, I knew they both operated in Oak Tower.

They don't operate exclusively out of Oak, and WSI doesn't either anymore. Datashack and WSI are under different ownership, however the technicians / billing folks are all independent and work for both companies. When I was working on a new colocation setup they said I could with either company, it didn't really matter much to them, it was just about who had more space at the time. Datashack and WSI have a few different buildings around KC, oak tower as far as I know is only 4,000 square-feet.

Their ubersmith install runs out of Voxel in New York, which is handy so that their portal is online even when they have an outage. As many said this isn't something new, they've operated that way since at least the days of when Datashack used WHMCS (maybe even longer)

• @Jeffrey said:
    I'm not surprised, I knew they both operated in Oak Tower.

No they don't. DS moved out of Oak last September into their own building in NKC. Their fiber runs directly to WSI though.

• Also to note Oak Tower is only for colocation for WSI clients

• There was once I sent a ticket to WSI and they replied using a Dacentec email saying they couldn't find my active service with them :)

• @zhuanyi said:
    There was once I sent a ticket to WSI and they replied using a Dacentec email saying they couldn't find my active service with them :)

Are you sure you said Dacentec and not Datashack? :)

• Closed per OP's request.

This discussion has been closed.