Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WordPress - best filemanager, calender and user manager plugin(s)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WordPress - best filemanager, calender and user manager plugin(s)

Hello, I have a little project, and need three plugins to a new WordPress installation.
It's best if they are free, but I can pay something if just the best out there is a paid version.

1. I need a login plugin there I can manage users that will have access to the page. (or the frontpage is without password, but to get deeper, they need to be a user. But not a wordpress user, just to have access to the different pages
  2. I need a good filemanager. I will have some documents in some folders, and me and the other admins should have access to create, upload, change and delete files/folders and the rest can read and download all files from all folders.
  3. I need a calender plugin - that maybe can export events out to Outlook? The most important is a page with a calender with events on it. But if we can export to Outlook it will be just super.

Do anybody have some ideas? Searching for plugins give me tons of options, but what to choose?

Comments

• Plenty of plugins are available out there, of course some will work better than others.

This does sound a bit like an intranet setup though - Is that what you're after? If so, is there any reason why you're particularly interested in using WordPress as a base?

Thanked by 1myhken
    1. That's sort of already built into WordPress. Just protect a page/post with a password. Visitors entering the password can view the page, others cannot. If you use the same password on multiple pages or post, the visitors only have to enter it on the first instance.
    2. WordPress already has a pretty decent file manager for uploads, deletes, rights management, etc.
    3. Not sure.. Never really used one.
    Thanked by 1myhken
  • @ElliotJ said:
    This does sound a bit like an intranet setup though

Agreed. In that case, it makes more sense to use a wiki of some sort.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • See The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe. Awesome and very customizable.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @JustAMacUser said:
    1. That's sort of already built into WordPress. Just protect a page/post with a password. Visitors entering the password can view the page, others cannot. If you use the same password on multiple pages or post, the visitors only have to enter it on the first instance.
    2. WordPress already has a pretty decent file manager for uploads, deletes, rights management, etc.
    3. Not sure.. Never really used one.

For 1 and 2. I am using plugin. Can wordpress really do both out of the box ?

Thanked by 1myhken
  • You trying to build the next facebook using wordpress bro?

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @myhken said:
    Do anybody have some ideas?

Sounds like a job for SharePoint rather than WordPress.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

Agreed, sharepoint than wordpress. Either way keep security in mind!

Thanked by 1myhken
  • It has to be in WordPress - this project at least.

• For 1) as mentioned, you can password protect a page - everyone with the password can access, There are more elaborate membership plugins, with tiered access, etc. I liked S2member.

For 2) Wordpress doesn't do folders, but there are plugins for that e.g. https://wordpress.org/plugins/media-library-plus/

For 3) Google calendar integrates with Wordpress easily - plenty of plugins out there and you can get the contents into Outlook.

Thanked by 1myhken