Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a problem with ZxHost? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have a problem with ZxHost?

Comments

• I'm surprised they were using ceph for the non-storage vps's. vm's running actual services are better off with local disc.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Welp, we can kiss the cheap storage plans goodbye.

We have been hit by further issues bringing the last of the OSD's online in the CEPH Cluster due to the two bug's effecting the OSD Proccess causing an assert (crash) within a few seconds of the OSD booting.

This leaves around 1.8% of our data currently offline.

We are still working to bring the last effected OSD's online however currently do not have a hard E.T.A, being a storage service we place the protection of the data integrity first in this case.

However in the light of this and recent other event's that show CEPH is currently not in a production state to offer the services we expected to be able to offer we will be EOL the LET Storage services early January 2018.

Once the services are back online we will continue to operate these services till early January to allow data retrival and migration of data to a 3rd party source, we will procced to proccess Pro-Rota Refunds during the month of January for any client's who have paid in advance past January 2018.

Again we appologise for the lengthy downtime, however we are fighting a 3rd party software bug causing a clsuter wide issue.

Thanks,
    ZXHost

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited November 2017

Latest news by e-mail:

Hello [Poor Sod],

We have been hit by further issues bringing the last of the OSD's online in the CEPH Cluster due to the two bug's effecting the OSD Proccess causing an assert (crash) within a few seconds of the OSD booting.

We are still working to bring the last effected OSD's online however currently do not have a hard E.T.A, being a storage service we place the protection of the data integrity first in this case.

However in the light of this and recent other event's that show CEPH is currently not in a production state to offer the services we expected to be able to offer we will be EOL the LET Storage services early January 2018.

Once the services are back online we will continue to operate these services till early January to allow data retrival and migration of data to a 3rd party source, we will procced to proccess Pro-Rota Refunds during the month of January for any client's who have paid in advance past January 2018.

Again we appologise for the lengthy downtime, however we are fighting a 3rd party software bug causing a clsuter wide issue.

Thanks,
    ZXHost

Emphasis mine, typos theirs. Fair, I'd say. Was too good to be true :P

• It was good while it lasted,

• looks like i'm in the 1.8%

• leotimusleotimus Member
    edited November 2017

sghhhhh... so disappointed :(
    however... black friday is coming, looking for new deals :)

• marsonmarson Member
    edited November 2017

to delete

• You all realise you get the same email right?

• i didn't get any emails at all.

• marsonmarson Member
    edited November 2017

@lurch said:
    You all realise you get the same email right?

Yes but when I pasted above e-mail I didn't saw previous answers yet ;) admin can delete my post if you want.

• @marson said:

@lurch said:
    You all realise you get the same email right?

Yes but when I pasted above e-mail I didn't saw previous answers yet ;) admin can delete my post if you want.

Just edit it, replacing stuff with some kitten selfie

• Spelling errors are mine I guess that's what you get for having no sleep for a considerable amount of time.

At this point as per the email we are at the mercy of the CEPH Software. We could start all VM's right now but any blocks hosted on the 1.x% would just be wiped by a FSCK causing your data to become corrupt and useless.

We are working to get the last OSD's online, hardware is all up and working fine. Is just the software layer facing the issues

This is not as simple as replacing a failed disk or server sadly. Further updates will be sent by email as if we was to reply to all support tickets the amount of time fixing the issue would be heavily reduced.

As promised we will provide pro-rota refunds come January however right now our priority is your data and giving you acess to this.

• @AshleyUk please can you temporarily move my VM to your other DC, or give me a snapshot so i can start it in another place?

• @emptyPD said:
    @AshleyUk please can you temporarily move my VM to your other DC, or give me a snapshot so i can start it in another place?

The storage is what is the issue, meaning we can't provide access to the VM image till this is resolved.

• That's a real shame @ashleyuk the service up to now has been excellent! I'll be sorry to see my VPS go :(

• Understand your having a nightmare at the moment but like the fact your more worried about data integrity than "uptime"

• @Shot2 said:
    Latest news by e-mail:

Hello [Poor Sod],

Thanks,
    ZXHost

Emphasis mine, typos theirs. Fair, I'd say. Was too good to be true :P

Does it mean I will receive refund for prebooking for 3 years and server that I was using will be closed after January 2018?

• Maybe some of us can ease your workload:

My storage is/was a second backup, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one. So losing it is not a real trouble but spending time on it - if it is going to disappear anyway - a waste.

Should we open tickets, @AshleyUk ?

• delivereathdelivereath Member
    edited November 2017

Is there any other service that comes close to this ?

• @Miky said:
    Maybe some of us can ease your workload:

My storage is/was a second backup, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one. So losing it is not a real trouble but spending time on it - if it is going to disappear anyway - a waste.

Should we open tickets, @AshleyUk ?

I Raised a ticket about this earlier, no need to have my data back if it makes things easier

• My 1TB vps was actually running fine for the last week but was shut down 6 hours ago. Good thing I backed everything up to B2 in that time. :)

Ceph can be a fickle beast.

• I think the same. I would like to have something else (smaller) instead of refund.

@michaels said:
    That's a real shame @ashleyuk the service up to now has been excellent! I'll be sorry to see my VPS go :(

• @AshleyUk said:
    Spelling errors are mine I guess that's what you get for having no sleep for a considerable amount of time

Take a break :) or use meth, if not already.

• @cpsd said:
    I think the same. I would like to have something else (smaller) instead of refund.

@michaels said:
    That's a real shame @ashleyuk the service up to now has been excellent! I'll be sorry to see my VPS go :(

We can look at options between now and January.

Right now priority is getting services online, discussion on refunds and other services will come later as I'm sure you understand.

• I just read the email, I'm sad to see this great service shut down :( I am a customer since years, had some performance issues every now and then, but it was all good considering the price.

Can anybody recommend a similar service? I don't need the 100% uptime, my important data is always backed up somewhere, but I need at least 1TB of storage and similar performance to this.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2017

@ehab said:
    i didn't get any emails at all.

already looked through your spam-folder? maybe we should again think about that sharing a dedi project? ;-)

@goodone said:

Does it mean I will receive refund for prebooking for 3 years and server that I was using will be closed after January 2018?

most likely, yes.

@delivereath said:
    Is there any other service that comes close to this ?
    @stagenull said:

Can anybody recommend a similar service? I don't need the 100% uptime, my important data is always backed up somewhere, but I need at least 1TB of storage and similar performance to this.

depends on the location. I'd consider the three year KVM storage specials from speedykvm comparable, esp. if @SpeedyKVM_Ryan would be so grateful to throw in a 30% refugee coupon ;-) ;-)

for europe there is time4vps and @cociu, all OVZ anyway...

for the last 2TB special Ashley did (2,50€ x36 month), there is no one that coming close to that.

@AshleyUK thanks for the service. sad to see it didn't turn out. like the straight way you handle things anyway!

• nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited November 2017

@Falzo said:
    depends on the location. I'd consider the three year KVM storage specials from speedykvm comparable, esp. if @SpeedyKVM_Ryan would be so gratefull to through in a 30% refugee coupon ;-) ;-)

I think we can still use the code BUYKVM36MO at http://buykvm.com/ ?

It is sad to see ZXHost EOLs this. I have 3T + 2T VPS with 3-year prepaid with a very good price :-(

• Nice offers at speedykvm but US only :(

• I encountered this defeat since 3 days ago and I know @AshleyUK has been working on this since the very beginning. I understand their situation and wish ZXHost guys good luck to solve the problem first. No complain at this time. I like their service and will continue if there's any proper plan in future after this tragedy.

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited November 2017

Falzo said: while I agree that a few more updates would be convenient, what would you expect them to write? "problem didn't change, still working on it" or more like "we're still here, not deadpooled yet"?

Well many of you seem to receive emails, however from what I can see nothing happened since 16th nov (aka not receiving any mails). I know I can look it up here at least.

Falzo said: that's odd, but are you sure it's related? my services I have outside the storage offers are working fine without any interruption

>

How can I be sure about this? I opened two tickets, one about the service degradation (slow io) with normal priority on 12th nov and one about the server being offline on the 16th nov. No answer yet. At least it would be an interesting coincidence if I am not on the CEPH cluster.