Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deskuss - Support Help Desk
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Deskuss - Support Help Desk

BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
edited November 2017 in General

Hello Guys,

I'd like to announce Deskuss a new SaaS-based HelpDesk from Softaculous Ltd. It's easy to get started by signing up at https://deskuss.com/signup

I'm the project head and lead developer, I'd appreciate your involvement on this platform to help us make it better.

Any feedback or feature requests will be entertained at support[at]deskuss.com as of now but will have a public issue and feature request tracker page deployed soon.

Current Feature list:

1) Sleek Ticket management with Private notes from staff and also live feed about who else is watching the ticket apart from you.

2) Convert your replies to Canned Messages on the fly to easily use them in future.

3) Announcements which will pop up on your customer's dashboard and also on site ( Will be adding a RSS feed kinda functionality for this. )

4) Email Channels ( IMAP Import ) once you create a channel you can assign it to route incoming messages to a particular department to convert to tickets. You need to add a forwarding from your support or any mail you use to serve your clients.

5) You can point your personal domain to your Deskuss subdomain as an alias and add that domain in the Settings section and it will be automatically routed to your desk.

6) Departments, each department can have its own SMTP credentials and Slack webhook to send notifications.

7) Deskuss also has its own smtp settings in the settings section. So you can set multiple SMTP providers to Departments and keep each department's SMTP statistics separate.

Regards,

Bharat B.

[Edit Post]

http://prntscr.com/has8jx

My post was doubled because of above issue also for some reason I'm not able to access the post getting the same error as above. Maybe I'll respond to replies after I'm able to.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2017

@BharatB

Any further info, e.g. features list, why it is SaaS, what it will cost, how it integrates into WHMCS* and what advantages it has over the built-in WHMCS support.

*or other popular platform.

Seems a bit daft to announce a new project with nothing but a sign up form.

edit: I read the features page, it did not answer any of the above so I assume it is not aimed at hosting companies in this market segment.

• MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited November 2017

Looks like that's what I was looking for some time ago. What about pricing? Would really like to see a free version with 1 or 2 support agents.

Nice errors tho: https://i.mrpsycho.pl/d5f5zmzs.png

• BharatB said: Any feedback or feature requests will be entertained

Charmed I'm sure.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@MrPsycho said:
    Looks like that's what I was looking for some time ago. What about pricing? Would really like to see a free version with 1 or 2 support agents.

Nice errors tho: https://i.mrpsycho.pl/d5f5zmzs.png

They shouldn't appear anymore, you were trying to check while it was deploying I guess.

@AnthonySmith said:
    @BharatB

Any further info, e.g. features list, why it is SaaS, what it will cost, how it integrates into WHMCS* and what advantages it has over the built-in WHMCS support.

*or other popular platform.

Seems a bit daft to announce a new project with nothing but a sign up form.

I'm writing up a wiki and features list, for now its free and Softaculous will provide me with what kind of pricing plan will be implemented. I'm not sure if it would integrate into WHMCS ( not yet ) but I'm planning to take it to Freshdesk / Zendesk level.

Nice one, just a generic (but nice) support desk system then, always handy to have a few more of those around.

edited November 2017

BharatB said: They shouldn't appear anymore, you were trying to check while it was deploying I guess.

Yeah. That's what happened. Now it's working. However, I can't log in on my subdomain. After "Login successful" popout the page tells me that my account is inactive. I have confirmed my e-mail, so I guess there are two separate user databases. I can't sign up on subdomain, because "This email has already been taken". What do I do now?

edited November 2017

@BharatB a bit off topic, why dont you write a WHMCS plugin that allows people to limit payment gateways on a per country basis, I would pay monthly for that.

A bit like it has been pointed out that hostbill can do as standard:

@MrPsycho said:

BharatB said: They shouldn't appear anymore, you were trying to check while it was deploying I guess.

Yeah. That's what happened. Now it's working. However, I can't log in on my subdomain. After "Login successful" popout the page tells me that my account is inactive. I have confirmed my e-mail, so I guess there are two separate user databases. I can't sign up on subdomain, because "This email has already been taken". What do I do now?

Let me look that up for you, you tried this as a new user? or an existing softaculous user? this will help me resolve this faster.

edited November 2017

BharatB said: Let me look that up for you

Sure. Let's move this in private. I've PMed you.

• TamerciagaTamerciaga Member, Host Rep

The design looks a bit sloppy like Virtualizor (and all their other products). Why don't you focus more on one product? Virtualizor could use a nice ThemeForest template.

The name Deskuss is a horrible choice, looks way too much like Disqus. Also your website doesn't provide any useful information other than 4x a Try me button...

@AnthonySmith said:
    @BharatB a bit off topic, why dont you write a WHMCS plugin that allows people to limit payment gateways on a per country basis, I would pay monthly for that.

A bit like it has been pointed out that hostbill can do as standard:

Surely could try that shouldn't be that difficult.

BharatB said: Surely could try that shouldn't be that difficult.

Get it done, I will buy a license for it, and I am sure many others would too.

edited November 2017

@Qarizma said:
    The design looks a bit sloppy like Virtualizor (and all their other products). Why don't you focus more on one product? Virtualizor could use a nice ThemeForest template.

The name Deskuss is a horrible choice, looks way too much like Disqus. Also your website doesn't provide any useful information other than 4x a Try me button...

Like I said I'm trying to get the wiki up ill be updating the website the current site belongs to beta version so not much information

Also I'm.concentrating on Deskuss each product has it's own set of developers. For me functionality matters but yes the design was meant to be responsive and simple. You can however switch themes.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@AnthonySmith said:

BharatB said: Surely could try that shouldn't be that difficult.

Get it done, I will buy a license for it, and I am sure many others would too.

looks like modulesgarden beat all of us to it: https://www.docs.modulesgarden.com/Payment_Gateway_Allocator_For_WHMCS

as I have to admit it wouldn't be that hard since you are basically making the same concept as modulesgarden did; you make another gateway that specifically limits other gateways to specific countries but they go through the custom limit gateway to get to the others like paypal,etc(which is why it really isn't difficult to do but as said looks like we have been beat on it already.)

I would rather defecate into my fingered appendages and swiftly and forcefully slam them together in order to create an audible shockwave type sound than use anything by modulesgarden :)

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • ‘Deskuss’ sounds like it should be some sort of collaboration/communication tool.

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2017

Sounds like a weird name overall. Thought it was a typo at first.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@AnthonySmith said:

I would rather defecate into my fingered appendages and swiftly and forcefully slam them together in order to create an audible shockwave type sound than use anything by modulesgarden :)

well then would you rather have one done by us then? or bharatb if he isn't still stuck on deskuss then?

cubedata said: well then would you rather have one done by us then? or bharatb if he isn't still stuck on deskuss then?

If it comes into existence, I will test/use it, dont mind who makes it, but using something by modules garden seems to be as sensible as chmod 777 -r /whmcs/dir/*