Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS with clean IP for Mailserver
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS with clean IP for Mailserver

Hello,

I am looking for an VPS which has "clean" IP's which I want to use for my personal mailserver. On OVH and also on Aruba I get sometimes IP Address which are listed on RBL Sites before I had the IP and then I can't send the mails properly anymore.

The VPS should have the following specs:

1 or 2 vCPU
20GB or40GB HDD or SSD
1GB RAM should be enough.

I will only install an Postfix Server on this. The Server should cost around 3€ per month if possible with these specs.

Thanks for any proposals.

gereetings

hitman47

Comments

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited November 2017

Generally the smaller, quality providers like Ramnode, BuyVM, Budgetnode, etc will switch your new IP if you discover it's on a blacklist. Just open a ticket. (Unless you got it put there.)

But email delivery is often arbitrary and entire /24 (or even /20 in Digital Ocean's case) can be blacklisted on a whim. And Microsoft usually needs you to apply for a whitelist before you send to their assets (e.g., Outlook, Hotmail.) Best to use Mailchannels or a Mailchannels reseller for reliable delivery.

• Long story short, you're generally going to do the needful on any IP you get, because it's been used before.

Personally, I'd recommend a $5 MNX.IO 768MB/25, because their IP space is clean, their KVM implementation is second to none (it's not SolusVM based).

Thanked by 1mrTom
  • OVH has a bad reputation, don't use it if you need clean IPs

• DO also tends to get their /20s SpamHaus'd

• Currently the whole IP range of OVH in which my mailsever is, is blacklisted at Spamhaus and that I want to avoid in the future. The offer from mailchannel is to expensive for me. I already have witten to OVH but I don't know if they will send an unblock request to Spamhaus. Maybe I will try to Ramnode or BuyVM.

@WSS I know that I am responsible for the IP which I get, that it will be taken off the RBL lists if they are listed there.

• If you are still looking we can offer you the following:
    1CPU core
    1GB of RAM
    30GB of HDD
    1IPv4
    500GB of BW/m
    KVM
    $3.50USD/m ~ 3EUR paid every 6 months with 15 days refund policy.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2017

why not to use elasticemail or sendgrid for your email campaign or personal email server?

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

Our IP are actively monitored on a few dozen Rbl's and are clean. We can meet your budget with a VPS1.