Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[BLACK FRIDAY LIST] - List of all available Deals, Promos and Coupons! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[BLACK FRIDAY LIST] - List of all available Deals, Promos and Coupons!

Comments

• @WSS said:

@Frame said:
    And how much you spend for this Server?

Learn to read, ADHD poster.

lol i must work on it..

Btw @Neoon 0.34E/m for you is a good profit?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Frame said:

@WSS said:

@Frame said:

lol i must work on it..

When did I said, I want to make profit?

I am just looking for a way to make me pay less.

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2017

Neoon said: Last Black Friday Veesp had 512MB KVM for 8$/y.

$9 :)

• @Frame said:

@WSS said:

@Frame said:

lol i must work on it..

The way I look at it- he gets the service for free, and makes a few coins as well as being able to use a couple threads for himself. It's basically like getting a free shitty Dedi.

@WSS said:
    The way I look at it- he gets the service for free, and makes a few coins as well as being able to use a couple threads for himself. It's basically like getting a free shitty Dedi.

Its an i5, 8gig, 120GB SSD. its powerfull, even with mining.

Not to speak about the i7, which mines even more, also pays itself.

• @WSS said:

@Edmond said:
    Did anyone even order that or Alpharacks is too crap to be used?

Even if your VPS is down for days, you can still get spam from them so you can feel important. Isn't that well worth $0.02/day!?

..... has anyone opened chargebacks for not delivering a proper service? Or it's just a completely garbage and no one wants to even order?

• @Neoon said:

@Frame said:
    CPU mining is so unprofitable

What I pay:

What I mine:

And keep in mind, thats an i5, I can still use 2 threads without affecting the mining.

Also 8GB of Memory and 120GB of SSD.

Wow cool, can you share tutorial/detail of your mining?

Thanks

• @Edmond said:
    ..... has anyone opened chargebacks for not delivering a proper service? Or it's just a completely garbage and no one wants to even order?

Hell, the Chinese do it just because they don't understand what they've purchased.

edited November 2017

@ferri said:

1. Get a cheap i5, Xeon E3 xxxx or i7 dedi (i3 wont work well, missing instructions)
    2. Put https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak-cpu this on it
    3. Configure everything and Join a mining pool
    4. Give low priority to the mining process: nice -+20 ./xmr-stak-cpu
    5. Cash out, pay the servers with it.
    Thanked by 2ferri NANO
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Neoon said:

@ferri said:

1. Get a cheap i5, Xeon E3 xxxx or i7 dedi (i3 wont work well, missing instructions)

What if you use it solely for mining, without nice? If the profit much bigger as per your experience?

edited November 2017

@MikePT said:

@Neoon said:

@ferri said:

What if you use it solely for mining, without nice? If the profit much bigger as per your experience?

I currently run everything with nice, because I have other stuff running on that server, so I give the mining lower priority.

But as long other processes are not using up more as 2/4 threads, the mining works fine.
    If they spike to 4/8 threads, the mining will be throttled, in theory.

If the servers are on low-medium load, the mining should be not affected.

Currently no empty dedi or different mining pool for that so.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Honestly if you break exactly even each month and make no profit but the server gets paid for each month. What's the actual point of doing it? Is it just to reserve the server in case you have another need later down the path

• ..and suddenly mining goes the rest of the way of Plex.

Thanked by 1chrisp
  • @MikePT said:

@Neoon said:

@ferri said:

As long as there are no other processes to contest for cpu usage, niceness doesnt matter.

Aside from that, it depends on what other tasks you run on the dedi ofcourse. If you encode video 24/7 there's barely any cpu cycles left for the miner, and if you host a site with 2 unique visitors daily you are basically dedicating 100% to mining.

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited November 2017

@corbpie said:
    Honestly if you break exactly even each month and make no profit but the server gets paid for each month. What's the actual point of doing it? Is it just to reserve the server in case you have another need later down the path

The point? I need to pay less, if I have resources available they wont get wasted, they get used and get turned into money.

At the end of the month, I pay far less for my servers.

Except some servers which are not usable for mining like Atoms or i3's.

And, I am currently testing HDD mining also, you get paid up to 7$ for 1TB shared HDD space. https://storj.io/

If you have some HDD based dedis with like 2TB and you use only the half of it.

https://github.com/Storj/storjshare-daemon

Thanked by 2ferri karjaj
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@teamacc said:

@MikePT said:

@Neoon said:

@ferri said:

As long as there are no other processes to contest for cpu usage, niceness doesnt matter.

Aside from that, it depends on what other tasks you run on the dedi ofcourse. If you encode video 24/7 there's barely any cpu cycles left for the miner, and if you host a site with 2 unique visitors daily you are basically dedicating 100% to mining.

Yes I do know how nice works. But I was wondering if it would get much better results if you use the full cores to mine.
    Another question is, can you mine monero on solo?

• @Neoon looked into StorJ since I got extra space sitting around there and then. What's the exact payout for say per GB if it's rented for the whole month and is it safe to rent out storage space to completely random people?

• What KVM deals are people looking for?

• @Neoon looked into StorJ since I got extra space sitting around there and then. What's the exact payout for say per GB if it's rented for the whole month?

• @Ho-ost said:
    What KVM deals are people looking for?

8GB for $8

Thanked by 1netomx
  • $1/GB RAM+10GB HD/100 GB/YR makes sense to me.

• If you're thinking about doing non recurring on monthly billing deal don't even bother posting it

Thanked by 3uptime southy netomx
  • @corbpie said:
    If you're thinking about doing non recurring on monthly billing deal don't even bother posting it

+1

Thanked by 1netomx

@MikePT said:
    Yes I do know how nice works. But I was wondering if it would get much better results if you use the full cores to mine.
    Another question is, can you mine monero on solo?

4 Cores i7 is 300H/sec, 2 Cores is 230H/sec.

The Cores/Threads do not matter, the cache seems to matter.

If you got a high hash rate like 3-4k you will find a block every few weeks for sure, otherwise its gambling. Obviously you run a private pool.

If you got a low hash rate just putting 5 dedis together or less, its gambling.

It could take you months to discover a new block.

Some people say it should be equal - pool fees which you pay like 1-2%.

@Edmond said:

up to 0.0067$, 1TB up to 6.9$ a for a month in ETH.

You will not get 1TB allocated in the first few weeks, it takes a while.

Its encrypted and splited into chunks, so fine.

Thanked by 2MikePT Edmond
  • user123user123 Member
    edited November 2017

I'm hoping for some deals on 1-2TB HDD VPS, since ZX is terminating their storage servers and I have had a few servers with them for several years :(. Even with maxing out my home ISP monthly data cap, I wouldn't be able to back everything up locally.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

What do you want from us lot this year? We will have our London open on Friday and if you are lucky we could have a new location for Cyber Monday.

What do you want, within reason?

edited November 2017

512MB KVM for less then 15$/y

10GB SSD

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @vmhaus said:
    What do you want from us lot this year? We will have our London open on Friday and if you are lucky we could have a new location for Cyber Monday.

What do you want, within reason?

I'd be over the moon with a BF discount on your annual VMH-256MB as I missed the $12.50 deal :)