Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

50% Off Recuring 1GB of RAM, 60GB disk space. Gigabit PORT. NY & LA Only $3.50
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

50% Off Recuring 1GB of RAM, 60GB disk space. Gigabit PORT. NY & LA Only $3.50

We are very happy with the feedback we are receiving from our product at http://www.bitaccel.com/ Just check out our site and see for yourself!

We allow most anything that is legal. We allow IRC and VPN.

We strive to be transparent! Need proof? Check out some of our server information here -http://stats.bitaccel.com/

Servers hosted in Buffalo, NY and Los Angeles! 1 Core 1GB Ram Guaranteed 60GB HDD Raid10 1TB Bandwidth (1024GB) 1* IPV4 $3.50/mo with promo code 50OFF Order NOW!

Be sure to use promo code 50OFF!

Test IP for NY: 192.210.150.2 Test File for NY: 192.210.150.2/100mb.test

Test IP for LA: 173.254.233.130 Test File for LA: 173.254.233.130/100mb.test

Comments

• I was happy at BitAccel until recently. But the NY1 -> NY2 -> NY3 fiasco destroyed that. It caused mucho downtime for me and should not have happened. I've migrated services elsewhere, and while I have money in my BitAccel account and a live server, I don't trust it for anything important. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but for the sake of transparency, it had to be said.

• OpenVZ right?:D

• It's OpenVZ, so ....

• Out of curiosity - what happened with announced swiss location (and pre-orders)?

• @trexos said:
    OpenVZ right?:D

@sundaymouse said:
    It's OpenVZ, so ....

Yes, it's OpenVZ. So what? The issue here is poor server management, not virtualization type. Blaming OpenVZ for overloaded server problems is just plain wrong.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Was a normal question btw.

• OpenVZ is not as good as other hypervisors when used to create virtual machines for sale i.e. not for enterprise productions, this is the fact.

• Is it just me or has there been a lot of VPS ad-related posts on here lately?

• @sundaymouse define "not as good"

• @exussum said:
    sundaymouse define "not as good"

worse resource isolation, easier for the hoster to view client's file, some modules not available, loads of random mistakes due to chroot.

These inconveniences are only valid when you are selling OpenVZ as virtual servers, not when used as container optimisation in enterprise.

• @sleddog said:
    I was happy at BitAccel until recently. But the NY1 -> NY2 -> NY3 fiasco destroyed that. It caused mucho downtime for me and should not have happened. I've migrated services elsewhere, and while I have money in my BitAccel account and a live server, I don't trust it for anything important. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but for the sake of transparency, it had to be said.

I'm not sure about what we could have done differently for transparency - we sent out notices and reasons for all and any moves.

@Spirit said:
    Out of curiosity - what happened with announced swiss location (and pre-orders)?

We refunded them because we decided not to do it.

@sundaymouse said:
    These inconveniences are only valid when you are selling OpenVZ as virtual servers, not when used as container optimisation in enterprise.

Good thing we sell KVM as well then :)

• @sleddog said:
    Yes, it's OpenVZ. So what? The issue here is poor server management, not virtualization type. Blaming OpenVZ for overloaded server problems is just plain wrong.

I don't think we ever blamed openvz for asking people to move to ny3? I guess we could have just kept piling customers on and never man up to our mistake and let the node become unusable, not sure what you wanted us to do here?