Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iPhone Network Unlock |::| Need Help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iPhone Network Unlock |::| Need Help

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,

Anyone have idea on unlocking Network Locked iPhone online ?? I need reliable source. I don't have idea which Network it's locked to, so I also need to find that out. My friend doesn't know that. The iPhone 5s came from UK to Bangladesh. It's network locked I can see.

Thanks in Advance,

Mahfuz.

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I am pretty sure this is a subject we would rather not discuss here. Not sure but you seem to be looking for an illegal way to do it.

• Check your IEMI. I can't help any more than that, but it should get you somewhere usable. Possibly. I just get unlocked by default.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited November 2017

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2288338/#Comment_2288338

Also interesting that "my friend" doesn't know the network where he used the phone. Was he only "my friend" for a fleeting moment when you permanently borrowed his phone?

• iPhone is easy to unlock. Its not illegal. You need just to update iOS and the phone will be unlocked. Its working in Croatia dont know in other countries but here is working just with updating iOS.

• @emtecro said:
    iPhone is easy to unlock. Its not illegal. You need just to update iOS and the phone will be unlocked. Its working in Croatia dont know in other countries but here is working just with updating iOS.

Well could be because of weather in Croatia but in the rest of the World this wont work.

• pcanpcan Member
    edited November 2017

If the iPhone has a real carrier lock, the only way to unlock it is to follow the carrier rules. As example, some carriers will unlock the phone for free after the expiration of the contract. If the iPhone is a refurbished replacement from Applecare+, it may come with a carrier lock. It happened to me several times. Just contact the Apple customer care, they usually ask for a proof of purchase of the original serial number and they remove the lock after few hours. There are several shady "unlock services", but I dont trust them and I never needed them because I have the proper proof of purchase of all the iPhones I manage.

The @emtecro suggestion works perfectly when the iPhone does not have a real carrier lock, but it just has been activated with a different carrier. I experienced this on iPhones that had been bougt unlocked from Apple store and used for a while in UK.

The proper way to recycle a used iPhone is to put the iPhone in DFU mode and reinstall the OS. This will also remove any tampering that the previous owner may have done, and will reveal any hidden hardware faults such as improper replacement batteries, because the iPhone will not come out from the DFU mode (check the iTunes error code in Google). It is best to know this before committing any data to the phone.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@MikePT said:
    I am pretty sure this is a subject we would rather not discuss here. Not sure but you seem to be looking for an illegal way to do it.

I also know that this is not the place to discuss about it but as I don't have any other forum in Mind & we have something named Off-topic, I just posted to get some suggestions. And, for your 2nd Part, if you don't know then I would like to clear your confusion, if any iPhone is brought to an user before the contract period (Carrier Contract), user would have to pay the unlock fee as @pcan said.

@Damian It was sent from one of his relatives. He upgraded to something else but he is out of Technical knowledge.

Thanked by 1MikePT