Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone noticing slow downs with free gmail/gapps accounts?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone noticing slow downs with free gmail/gapps accounts?

smansman Member
edited August 2013 in General

Seems within the past month or 2 I have noticed my IMAP header updates have slowed down and sometimes time out. I am also starting to get a lot mail delivery deferred errors. Google apparently decides some of the mail I am supposed to receive is from bulk senders and stops delivery for several hours after a certain amount is received. Never had this problem up until about a month ago. The volume received from the blocked sources has not changed so Google must have changed something on their end.

I get email alerts from my servers and my server monitoring. That is what is being delayed which isn't good. Google doesn't have an option to whitelist unless you have paid gapps account. Adding the email addresses to the filters doesn't help.

Maybe I have to move back to using my own email server again?...Sigh.

Comments

• Hmm I only had issues 2 days last week. Errors telling me too much connections or something like that but everything seems to be back as normal on my 2 Gmail apps.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited August 2013

@sman said:
    Google apparently decides some of the mail I am supposed to receive is from bulk senders and stops delivery for several hours after a certain amount is received. Never had this problem up until about a month ago. The volume received from the blocked sources has not changed so Google must have changed something on their end.

I get email alerts from my servers and my server monitoring. That is what is being delayed which isn't good. Google doesn't have an option to whitelist unless you have paid gapps account.

It's a spam protection feature. You can with around it by adding mx records for the mall server.