Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VolumeDrive may have DeadPooled
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VolumeDrive may have DeadPooled

SpencerSpencer Member
edited August 2013 in General

Well from this WHT thread it seems that VolumeDrive may of deadpooled

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8810929&postcount=23

Comments

• BurstNet wouldn't comment in that thread stating something without there being an extremely good chance that they're gone. Fwiw

• Wow.

Thanked by 1Abdussamad
  • The way Burstnet phrased some of their replies cracks me up, and also scares me at the same time.

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • Wow. What a surprise.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?s=7c670792dcecb1600d35d6cce3be088e&p=8810949&postcount=29

My VPS hosted there barely vanished (approx 7 hours ago) and already all those statements from BurstNET. They seems in hurry to hook up volumdrive clients.

• @ryguy222 said:
    The way Burstnet phrased some of their replies cracks me up, and also scares me at the same time.

I agree. If I were them I wouldn't openly discuss a lot of what they say.. but I'm not them.

• As I said, sounds like some one owes a lot of $$$$$ to burstnet and didn't pay there bills and obviously burstnet are the one who lost their money on power, bandwidth and space.

• VD might not be dead. All Burstnet said is they are no longer a client and have moved out.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Thankfully we stopped providing services hosted with VD a while ago.

• burstnet said

They may or may not be out of business. You may or may not get your data back. All I know is that they are no longer a BurstNET client as of tonight, and were up until earlier today. We are staring at 200-300 of their servers in our facility, and the rest are gone. They may bring them up elsewhere, if they even have the technical ability to do so. I would expect huge technical issues from them, if they do manage to get back online elsewhere, as well as a major lawsuit to follow them where ever they go. The servers we have may be active client's machine, or they may not be...we don't know---but if I were a client, I would hope one of the 200-300 servers left here was yours. There is alot that went on with VD behind the scenes, which i am sure will all play out in this thread over the next week or two. At this point, I am extremely worried for their client base.

and...

From what our local contacts tell us, they are trying to get their servers back online at another location 20 miles away from here, in their own data room, but we'll see how that goes. Knowing what I know about them, I would expect major technical issues with that. Even if servers come back online, I'd be worried about them staying online, as the same leasing company that owns the servers they left behind, owns a bunch that they took with the with for-sure active clients on them. The leasing company is not going to be happy, I assure you, we know them well, and they will repossess ALL the servers, not just the ones left behind here, and go after ALL VD assets to recover their losses. This is going to get real messy.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited August 2013

wow

Offtopic: since when is 'of' a replacement of 'have'?

• Where's Josh? Can't wait to know what really happened...

• @nixcom said:
    Where's Josh? Can't wait to know what really happened...

From what I read above, moving servers from burstnet elsewhere.

• Without any notice?

• It would appear so. Maybe we have VD clients here that can enlighten us?

Wouldn't be the first time anyway. IIRC i3d had issues with a DC they were at and started pulling servers on a Saturday/Sunday morning. It stalled when DC employees blocked the gate and called the police.

• Burstnet said

. They owed us big money. There will be a lawsuit against them, you can count on it.

I'm sure that Burstnet's lawyer will be giving them the same advice in the morning I'm about to give: "STFU". If you've made the decision to file a lawsuit you should refrain from publicly posting about the other party...especially posting statements like this:

VD deserves what they have coming to them, I assure you. This is not the case of a guy just not paying his bill and running off. This was deliberate, and his business model. Selling servers is not where he makes his money---while screwing over his providers is

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited August 2013

Burstnet said

VD deserves what they have coming to them, I assure you. This is not the case of a guy just not paying his bill and running off. This was deliberate, and his business model. Selling servers is not where he makes his money---while screwing over his providers is

Sounds like BurstNet are doing a @jacob (easevps).

• I thought VD were HUGE? I doubt they would deadpool just like this.

• EvoEvo Member

I remember that VolumeDrive have it's own datacenter and get only connectivity from BurstNet ?

I doubt that this is the end.

• RyanDRyanD Member
    edited August 2013

@rds100 said:
    I thought VD were HUGE? I doubt they would deadpool just like this.

Yes, they were "huge", with about 1,000 servers. All of which they were selling below cost, ran up massive debts to burstnet. I'm amazed they managed to float this mess this long.

Remember they also had a florida facility with a few hundred servers. They got behind on their bill there, showed up in the middle of the night and disappeared with the hardware.

This isn't the first time, nor the second... hopefully it's the last.

• @RyanD sounds like this is possible only in America :) I can't imagine why the florida facility owners didn't chase them for the unpaid bills.

• smansman Member
    edited August 2013

@rds100 said:
    I thought VD were HUGE? I doubt they would deadpool just like this.

Let's see..all servers down..website down..phone number no longer in service...colo provider saying they dined and dashed. Yea, probably just a glitch.

• this I receive few days ago....

On 08/13/2013 10:30 PM, VolumeDrive Info wrote:
     Dear *************,

VolumeDrive is pleased to announce that our brand new facility in Dunmore, PA is ready for the relocation of your current server(s). We would like to schedule the move on August 16th starting at 9AM EDT. This move will cause some downtime for each server while it is being relocated. The relocation window is set for 6-8 hours, however, approximately 2-3 hours is a good estimate as to actual downtime. The move will be performed in phases, and downtime will be kept to an absolute minimum. This move will NOT require any changes to your IP space or DNS. The typical relocation scenario for each server will include a graceful shutdown, physical move (only 3 miles away), cabinet installation, and then server boot. We will have additional personnel on-site to oversee the relocation process, as well as to help facilitate the transition as smoothly as possible.

The new facility is a high end, state of the art data center, at our same traditional low pricing. If you are a reseller, you should find that this is a more attractive draw for prospective new clientèle.

If you are interested in upgrading your package, this would be a great time to do so. We are focusing on revenue growth for the new facility, and our sales team can offer very competitive pricing, for any upgrade processed during the relocation process.

VolumeDrive thanks you for your understanding and patience during this necessary maintenance window, as well as for your continued business.

later receive this on 16th August.

Due to some minor technical complications, our migration process will begin this afternoon. We expect slightly longer maintenance windows as well. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Ironically,I just made payment few hours ago for renewal one of my vps,then stumbled on this thread. checked and now I cant access my server.

Hope its different situation and solved soon.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited August 2013

This move will NOT require any changes to your IP space or DNS.

If your server comes back up expect changes. See the 2 graphs here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8811032&postcount=49

...and then look at the list of their IPv4 peers. Their ONLY IPv4 peer was burstnet...
    http://bgp.he.net/AS46664#_peers

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Not a surprise, race to the bottom won by VD.

• Hmm, when I woke up this morning, I didn't expect this, that's for sure.

• Can someone please change the title? The "of" makes me cringe every time

Thanked by 2fisle Hassan
  • We lost two nodes but I think all customers will probably just be shipped off to our UK Location and have to start on a fresh VPS

Invoices was only paid a couple of days ago so this is a let down.

• Changed thread title because 'of' is not a synonym for 'have'.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

The fact that anyone would ever have used them for VPS hosting is nuts, lets get the facts out.

From day 1 they had the worst support in the history of the history of the industry.
    Everyone and I mean everyone with 2 cells knew the prices were not sustainable.
    They let people down publicly time and time again.
    Any good reviews were based on price only.
    Now they are trying to gather money while being down.

This is hostrail all over again folks, VD have always been and always will be a joke in my eyes.

• I doubt they're gone for good.