Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for RTO Dedicated options in Central Europe?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for RTO Dedicated options in Central Europe?

JupiterJupiter Member
edited August 2013 in Requests

Need similar hardware to Dacentec 89$ offers and be able to ship Raid cards and drives with reasonable hands on cost anywhere in France, Germany, NL. Unlimited 200Mbit!

Thanks

Comments

• c0yc0y Member
    edited August 2013

Dacentec's bandwidth can't be compared, it's utter crap.

• Try serverius colo for cheap bandwidth - warning: ddos and you're out.
    • Ecatel: very good peering to US, relatively cheap bw, they might do you an RTO if you ask nicely, they're not bad guys
    • Worldstream: does custom builds but appears no RTO, but ask, they probably do for smaller builds
    Thanked by 1perennate
  • I have no personal experience with Ecatel but all I'll say is that I receive frequent inbound DDoS attacks from their network. They do respond to abuse requests within 24 hours however.

• Can't tell if @Frost is trolling or serious, but at least two of those providers are like the worst in NL.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

openitc.co.uk do some rent to own servers, not directly advertised, you might want to contact @sean

• c0yc0y Member

@mpkossen said:
    Can't tell if Frost is trolling or serious, but at least two of those providers are like the worst in NL.

Elaborate?

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited August 2013

@Frost said:
    Elaborate?

He means Ecatel and Worldstream, because they host some undesirables. A lot of brute forcing, spam and etc from their ip ranges. I personally don't let that stuff bother me as long as their service is good for my uses, and they aren't in danger of being shut down. Which I believe neither of them are, yet. I've had a decent experience with worldstream actually, they have been fairly nice and willing to go the extra mile when I had a box with them.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • c0yc0y Member
    edited August 2013

@Setsura said:
    He means Ecatel and Worldstream, because they host some undesirables. A lot of brute forcing, spam and etc from their ip ranges. I personally don't let that stuff bother me as long as their service is good for my uses, and they aren't in danger of being shut down. Which I believe neither of them are, yet. I've had a decent experience with worldstream actually, they have been fairly nice and willing to go the extra mile when I had a box with them.

Apart from closing an eye on some stuff these guys are great! On the other hand Serverius has a topnotch network, too bad the owner isn't really that friendly...

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited August 2013

@Frost said:
    Dacentec's bandwidth can't be compared, it's utter crap.

It was better when i got the fitst 2 servers, then there was a dip in performance but i can see improvement now.

Still love the price and the service. Had zero problems with them. Pitty there are not similar vendors in Europe.

Just hate to deal with OVH again...

• @Setsura said:
    He means Ecatel and Worldstream, because they host some undesirables. A lot of brute forcing, spam and etc from their ip ranges.

I don't hear too much good stuff about Serverius either. But yes, this is basically what I meant.

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited August 2013

I finally went to OVH AGAIN and got a couple of mini-sp servers !!

https://www.ovh.com/fr/serveurs_dedies/mini-sp.xml

Intel Xeon E3 1245v2 (4 cores / 8 Threads)
    Fréquence :3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost)
    RAM : 32 Go DDR3
    Disque dur : 2x 2To SATA3
    Bande passante : 200Mbps garantis

for 39 EU

I don't know why they call them mini but they seem better deal then online.net.

• He means Ecatel and Worldstream, because they host some undesirables.

Ecatel specializes in hosting botnets and criminals but Worldstream has cleaned up its act over the past 1-2 years (largely due to pressure from anti-piracy group BREIN). Many of WS's ip ranges are however still lasted as a bad neighborhood on some slow to update blacklists which can result in emails winding up in people's spam folders instead of inbox.

I don't hear too much good stuff about Serverius either.

Their network (and network stability) lags behind most other NL data centers (with the exception of ecatel) in my opinion.

I finally went to OVH AGAIN and got a couple of mini-sp servers !!

You can expect delivery by Christmas. I've been waiting 20 days for my RBX miniSP.

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited August 2013

@DomainBop said:
    You can expect delivery by Christmas. I've been waiting 20 days for my RBX miniSP.

Its one week if my french are any good. But you have to opt for 100Mbit rack.

Actually i think will order 2 more for backups.

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited August 2013

mistake

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

@DomainBop said:

Only 20? Ill be a month on Monday. They better not send me an invoice!

• xsetxset Member

@splitice @domainbop

Haven't you noticed? OVH will suggest you to deliver your MSP from GRA instead
    of RBX...

They will first deliver all remaining orders in GRA in 10 days, and then
    contact customers who ordered mSPs in RBX/SBG to be express delivered
    from GRA.

Not sure if they will cancel the mSP in RBX/SBG orders

So you still have to wait..

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7173

SP:

To catch up, we decided to change the organization:
    1)
    we will now deliver the mSP / mSP SSD only GRA. This
    we will catch any delay in about 10 days. We
    will re-contact all customers who ordered the mSP to RBX
    and SBG to provide their express delivery of GRA. The
    ordering new mSP can only engage in GRA.

I am only interested in RBX anyway at this stage. But hopefully this cuts the number of people ahead of me.

• xsetxset Member

@splitice why not GRA?

edited August 2013

anti-ddos stability, its only beta and RBX is the more stable of locations to test in (Ive already been testing SBG).

Although by the time it is delivered, who will know.

• Is the anti DDOS working? Its pretty tempting to pay the package after BETA.

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited September 2013

@DomainBop said:

Just got 2 of the OVH hybrid miniSP's i ordered on the 24th. Will get the rest next week they said

• @Jupiter said:

https://www.ovh.com/fr/serveurs_dedies/mini-sp.xml

Intel Xeon E3 1245v2 (4 cores / 8 Threads)
    Fréquence :3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost)
    RAM : 32 Go DDR3
    Disque dur : 2x 2To SATA3
    Bande passante : 200Mbps garantis

for 39 EU

I can't see where are the conditions for RTO, rent to own.