Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH RBX Problem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH RBX Problem

I'm glad all of my servers are in RBX, Someone knows the estimated time

Comments

• Looks like top websites in the worlds are down.

• sopmonsopmon Member
    edited November 2017

Ovh Support is down, NOT respond messages

• trnjtrnj Member
    edited November 2017

Yep, everything is down.

Multi-million websites like

https://www.vedomosti.ru/
    http://www.rosbalt.ru/
    http://znak.com/

• maldoviamaldovia Member
    edited November 2017

@sopmon said:
    Ovh Support is down, NOT respond messages

weird!

did you try opening a ticket?

• Please look in the other threads, we don’t need 5 threads for the same issue ;-)

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • trnjtrnj Member
    edited November 2017

@Tom said:
    Please look in the other threads, we don’t need 5 threads for the same issue ;-)

Friend, calm down. Do not be the next Mr Control Freak.

All these threads will drown after they resolve the problem. Welcome to the Internets.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • @trnj said:

@Tom said:
    Please look in the other threads, we don’t need 5 threads for the same issue ;-)

Friend, calm down. Do not be the next Mr Control Freak.

All these threads will drown after they resolve the problem. Welcome to the Internets.

I mean he's not wrong. You could have easily seen the other three or four threads on the front page stating "OVH -Insert Location- down?" and posted "I'm having the same issues in RBX as well."

Also stating "Fuck Claba" is a bit stupid as you chose to host with them.

Three of my servers within RBX are down but you don't see me here bitching about it being down. I acknowledge it's down and I have read the threads so have an idea of what's going on.

Once they are back up depending on how long the outage lasts will ask for SLA for the downtime otherwise I'll just be happy that my servers are back up. No reason to take it personally as outages effect every provider and sometimes things that are put in place to prevent them don't work correctly.

I just hope a mod decides to merge all the threads at some point.

• trnjtrnj Member
    edited November 2017

:/

I mean he's not wrong. You could have easily seen the other three or four threads on the front page stating "OVH -Insert Location- down?" and posted "I'm having the same issues in RBX as well."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_freak

Last time I post this link. Please... Thank You. I know your value. You are the smartest people in the whole world.

Yep, it was a stupid decision to host with OVH. I only host cloud files. Now it is very hard to migrate huge amount of files to Amazon.

I migrated to OVH from Amazon in 2012. Now I am not happy with their expansion to the UK, Poland, Singapore. With all that countries, they are out of control of their flagship locations in France.

Since 2012 I made a million bucks thanks to OVH, anyway. They saved a lot of money on cloud storage and backups.

But now they are going to the too many directions and lost a focus.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2017

@trnj said:
    :/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_freak

Last time I post this link. Please... Thank You. I know your value. You are the smartest people in the whole world.

Yep, it was a stupid decision to host with OVH. I only host cloud files. Now it is very hard to migrate huge amount of files to Amazon.

I migrated to OVH from Amazon in 2012. Now I am not happy with their expansion to the UK, Poland, Singapore. With all that countries, they are out of control of their flagship locations in France.

Since 2012 I made a million bucks thanks to OVH, anyway. They saved a lot of money on cloud storage and backups.

But now they are going to the too many directions and lost a focus.

that's either not true or the stupiest bs I read around that topic.

you either make a million bucks in a few years and have of course proper antimeasures in place to not loose a dime if one carrier of the very basis of your precious business falls short. or you don't loose money at all from some three hour downtime once in a blue moon.

so in both cases there is absolutly nothing to complain about OVH, because it's all on your end.

the ones complaining the loudest only do so, because they know they are responsible themselves for not preparing and being cheap as fuck relying only on OVH so they made the decision to make themselves dependant on OVH.

but it is much easier to cry out loud and blame someone else, especially with customers in your neck, you promised whatever part of the sky.

get real. clusterfucks will happen, also on other providers. also what did you really loose in that three hours, other then time? if you have a shop with products, most customers that would have bought it in between might simply look at a later time and buy then. all that marketing jibberish about loosing revenue (not even margin) I call BS.

• trnj said: million bucks

wow. you probably can afford a more expensive competitor now, or to keep a real time copy of your data with two providers in two different locations.

• @datanoise said:

trnj said: million bucks

wow. you probably can afford a more expensive competitor now, or to keep a real time copy of your data with two providers in two different locations.

Don't be silly. This 3-hour outage has cost him at least $6.3M!

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • trnjtrnj Member
    edited November 2017

It is internets. You create a service (hate this word startup), with a stupid idea, no one wants to fund it, you host is as cheap as possible, then it becomes popular, a lot of people use, a lot of people pay. Anyway you have to keep it as cheap as possible, because you value money of these people.

OVH is up eventually. Have a good day!

• trnj said: Anyway you have to keep it as cheap as possible, because you value money of these people.

and you have the right to do so, BUT don't blame or complain about OVH if things go sideways and you didn't plan any fallback.

99.9%. and that's not even their SLA but my best guess on the number of ovh-customers that won't even have their SLA affected by that 3h downtime today...

• @datanoise said:

I value money of people who pay. If I take a more expensive provide, they would have to pay additional 10-20$. If OVH is ok 89 from 90 day, I can save money of these users.

• OVH is UP. Good luck friends!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@trnj said:
    OVH is UP. Good luck friends!

I mean, some of their PoPs maybe, not all of them and not all servers from what I can see.

• Still partially down for me. Some servers work, some are super slow. NAS is still down too.
    I don't think that RBX was completely fixed.

• trnjtrnj Member
    edited November 2017

@Falzo said:
    and you have the right to do so, BUT don't blame or complain about OVH if things go sideways and you didn't plan any fallback.

It is easy to say, but hard to implement. Small businesses do not live long life. 85% or so die within 5 years. If I start to fix problems with availability and implement fallback, I will be out of money. Right now I focus on service, eliminate a lot of problems with its core. Reality of small businesses: your have to rely on big corporations, banks, horrible payment systems, trash providers.

Yep, I was too angry with Claba, my fault. Such ingratitude from my side deserves punishment.

Anyway everything was resolved. Good luck friends!

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • trnj said: Reality of small businesses: your have to reply on big corporations, banks, horrible payment systems, trash providers.

Yep, I was too angry with Clara, my fault. Such ingratitude from my side deserves punishment.

haha, while I agree with all of that ( former and latter :-P ) you might want to get your numbers straight.

if you make more than a million in a few years, I assume you're talking income and then there really should be room for fallback and solutions if you care about your customers.
    otherwise if that number is just revenue, I understand that costs maybe a matter, but also the number then does not mean a lot and should be nothing to brag about either ;-)

• @jimaek said:
    Still partially down for me. Some servers work, some are super slow. NAS is still down too.
    I don't think that RBX was completely fixed.

Same here, some servers of mine in rbx4 are having packet loss