Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Strasbourg Power Failure - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Strasbourg Power Failure

Comments

• yeah, RBX up now.
    thanks, debian

• BecomeWebHostBecomeWebHost Member
    edited November 2017

http://www.ovh.com/us

seems down too. however France (FR) servers are still up never went down for me.

you can ping 145.239.69.97

• Nice, didn't last too long!

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • SBG servers up!?? mine is still down

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Dikobraz said:
    SBG servers up!?? mine is still down

My SBG servers are still down too. RBX is up though.

• @Clouvider said:
    For example, Virtus currently keeps between 30-50 minutes depending on the system.

Does that cover air cooling systems too?

• @Clouvider said:

@Setsura said:

RBX: the links are coming UP.

Happening

Great to hear. Just sad to see that despite billions from VCs they managed to engineer it so badly that it could happen.

Sorry, but that goes beyond objective criticism of the current situation. Your continuous tirades against OVH start to look like just regular competitor bashing.

Just minutes again you confidently confirmed it would takes day to be back up, only for the network go come slowly back up seconds after your statement.

• I guess my VPS costing 2.5 EUR per month is not on top of the fix list since it's still down :)

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Clouvider said: Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

My life's mantra, right there! Hasn't let me down for a long time now.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@kcaj said:

@Clouvider said:
    For example, Virtus currently keeps between 30-50 minutes depending on the system.

Does that cover air cooling systems too?

Yes, cooling is part of the critical load and thus protected by UPS + Generators.

edited November 2017

bitswitch said: Just minutes again you confidently confirmed it would takes day to be back up, only for the network go come slowly back up seconds after your statement.

What are you talking about? They are recovering from the other screw up with the almost (entire?) network being affected. I don't see anyone claiming their servers in the DCs without power comping back up. This is a major job. Especially with many servers which will have broken arrays and drives after such incident.

To have ALL Clients back up will be an uphill battle. Anyone who experienced a full DC blackout in their career will know what I'm talking about.

D

• Latest tweet of oles

SBG: ERDF repared 1 line 20KV. the second is still down. All Gens are UP. 2 routing rooms coming UP. SBG2 will be UP in 15-20min (boot time). SBG1/SBG4: 1h-2h

• @Clouvider said:

What are you talking about? They are recovering from the other screw up with the almost (entire?) network being affected. I don't see anyone claiming their servers in the DCs without power comping back up. This is a major job. Especially with many servers which will have broken arrays and drives after such incident.

I am talking about Roubaix, not Strasbourg. Strasbourg is a different issue.

Nobody is saying this is a minor incident and I am sure OVH is stressed enough right now. Neither is anybody saying it could not have been handled better in the first place, but you seem to pursue some sort of personal agenda here - and that is not objective criticism anymore.

edited November 2017

bitswitch said: and that is not objective criticism anymore.

Nothing non-objective was posted by me in this thread.

This thread is about Strasbourg and says

From what it looks the only person heaving anything personal about the other is you about me for some reason.

• @Clouvider said:

Nothing non-objective was posted by me in this thread.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.

This thread is about Strasbourg and says

The title does, but considering that Roubaix was mentioned numerous times I guess we can say it is now all mixed up.

From what it looks the only person heaving anything personal about the other is you about me for some reason.

It is nothing personal. I am simply sharing my observations of how I perceive your writing.

• OVH is scam?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2017

or "oops"

Anyway, hosted exchange seems to be back up.

• @Nekki said:
    OVH is scam?

Took your money? No refund? Outrageous!

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited November 2017

@Setsura said:

@Falzo said:
    remember even if you have 99.9% average it'll result in 8h downtime (per year) to be no issue ;-)

Yeah, I forgot what it was for the OVH main brand stuff, I feel like it was 99.95 or something, I'd check but their site is down. Of course they can put as many 9s as they want, doesn't actually mean they'll be up that much.

Seems I was actually right, I am indeed entitled to a whole 99.95% worth of complaining. Of course whether I care enough to ask for the SLA credit is another thing.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • lionlion Member
    edited November 2017

@Setsura said:
    Of course whether I care enough to ask for the SLA credit is another thing.

SLA level of 99.5 % uptime/availability gives the following periods of potential downtime/unavailability: (thanks @Ympker)

Daily: 7m 12.0s 

Weekly: 50m 24.0s 

Monthly: 3h 39m 8.7s 

Yearly: 1d 19h 49m 44.8s 

And since most SLAs are yearly, i guess not (didn't check ovh ones)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2017

@Setsura said:

@Setsura said:

@Falzo said:
    remember even if you have 99.9% average it'll result in 8h downtime (per year) to be no issue ;-)

Yeah, I forgot what it was for the OVH main brand stuff, I feel like it was 99.95 or something, I'd check but their site is down. Of course they can put as many 9s as they want, doesn't actually mean they'll be up that much.

Seems I was actually right, I am indeed entitled to a whole 99.95% worth of complaining. Of course whether I care enough to ask for the SLA credit is another thing.

365d x 24h x 60m x 0,005% = 262min :-)

might be on the edge for some customers... would be genuinely interested to hear, if you get a refund or anything. my servers affected in SBG are with SYS, so I am far away from that kind of SLA.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

And hosted exchange is down again :)

• SBG still down. All work day ruined.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

RBX seems to be up here, hopefully It will stay up.

• caracalcaracal Member
    edited November 2017

Falzo said: the server itself hasn't been down the wholetime.

SBG up, but my server itself was shut down

top - 18:40:34 up 12 min, 1 user

On the otherhand, my RBX server was not reachable but server itself wasn't shut down

147 days, 5:03, 1 user

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • SBG is up? mine server is on SBG1 and it's not working.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Dikobraz said:
    SBG is up? mine server is on SBG1 and it's not working.

SBG up here too.

• I see my cloud instances coming up now in SBG

• Although kimsufi states a 99.9% network SLA: https://www.kimsufi.com/en/about-ks/ I cannot find anything in their terms of service about it. Anyone know anything?

• @caracal said:

Falzo said: the server itself hasn't been down the wholetime.

SBG up, but my server itself was shut down

top - 18:40:34 up 12 min, 1 user

On the otherhand, my RBX server was not reachable but server itself wasn't shut down

147 days, 5:03, 1 user

probably me again, old brain, bad memory... just had a quick look and saw that my remaining SYS servers indeed are in RBX and not SBG as I stated earlier... sorry for the confusion. somehow was under the impression I only had SYS in SBG and OVH in RBX.