Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VDS storage server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VDS storage server?

emilevirusemilevirus Member
edited November 2017 in Help

I was searching a provider with a cheap storage server with dedicated resources and heard of this:

KVM-HDD-450G

Is it anyhow good? It seems pretty cheap for dedicated resources...

Comments

• See that thing in the upper right corner that says "Search"? Try typing Treudler in there and pressing enter. If that fails, Google search for site:lowendtalk.com Treudler.

Long story short: People are getting their services shut off and claim to be doing nothing which warrants losing service.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

emilevìrus said: Is it anyhow good? It seems pretty cheap for dedicated resources

here is a review:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2458838

• @Dacentec has an occasion Opteron 1385 with 2X2TB, 4x1TB at $25/mo. Their recent offers have become quite skint, so I'm expecting a Black Friday special from them..

• emilevirusemilevirus Member
    edited November 2017

@WSS said:
    See that thing in the upper right corner that says "Search"? Try typing Treudler in there and pressing enter. If that fails, Google search for site:lowendtalk.com Treudler.

Long story short: People are getting their services shut off and claim to be doing nothing which warrants losing service.

I did read that. However, I'm not sure whether to believe them or not... Seems like they were just abusing resources, so it seems normal for me that they got suspended. According to hostadvice, they seem pretty solid.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

@emilevìrus said:
    I did read that. However, I'm not sure whether to believe them or not... Seems like they were just abusing resources, so it seems normal for me that they got suspended.

Yes, and no. Some of those complaining have been on LET for more than a few months, and aren't known to be "Use and Abuse" clients (from my personal perspective).

The fact that the owner is known to kind of lose his shit and do dumb things at times has ensured that I won't be using their services.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@WSS said:
    The fact that the owner is known to kind of lose his shit and do dumb things at times has ensured that I won't be using their services.

Pretty sure he's still banned. Also banned on Dis(ck)ord for talking shit to the mods there. Someone was on earlier today posting about their new i7 HDD hetzner deal though.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • emilevirusemilevirus Member
    edited November 2017

I've contacted the support and they gave me a free trial. It seems solid. However, the I/O is a bit slow, but it's fast enough for me. The CPU is powerful and the server runs pretty smooth. Here's a benchmark: https://serverscope.io/trials/36ra#system

• Might as well keep the trial and start using it to see if it exists afterward.