Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Best VPS for mail, backups, wordpress
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best VPS for mail, backups, wordpress

Hi everyone,

I have been hosting websites/email for my clients and friends for quite some time now with shared hosting and VPS- cPanels.

Lately, I've been looking for a cheaper VPS for:

a) have a backup support site in case main one goes down
b) more disk space. Currently have 30GB at my VPS and want more, but figured I would look around for something STABLE, less 'features', etc., that I can put domains that require more disk space
c) backups- it'd be great to have a super cheap VPS that I can backup my sites to.

Question:

Does something like this exist in the LowEndTalk realm of things? I'm impressed at how cheap things are here, but naturally, wondering how stable things are. I'm willing to pay for a VPS that has been around for a while and has many happy clients, if that means paying a little bit more. cPanel would be great, but I suppose I can add that myself or use another panel that fits the bill.

To sum it up:
1- Cheap
2- STABLE, SECURE, etc..
3- lots of space
4- These aren't high bandwidth sites, so not as big of a deal, but if I'm backing up to it, then I guess it should be a factor
5- some sort of support-- I hardly make any $ off these sites (non-profits, etc.), but it'd be great if I can give a few $ to someone to fix/restore, etc..

thanks!!

John

Comments