Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A lot of space. Yearly is a must
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A lot of space. Yearly is a must

I'm looking for a server with alot of space. In reality i'd love 1TB or more but i know that comes at a cost.

I can live with mediocre specs but space is a must.

This will be used as a personal File storage for videos and what not to steam to me where ever i may be. Some files will be copyrighted material being used in a legal manner.

Comments

• Dedicated Server or VPS?

• Either will do.

• If you're looking for a dedicated server we can help you out,

Our dedicated servers are located in the Orlando, FL(DimeNOC) Datacenter

500 GB Hard Drive
    10 TB Monthly Bandwidth
    2.53Ghz Quad-Core Xeon
    Processor
    8 GB Ram
    1 IPv4 Addresses
    For $150.00/month

Please let us know if this would work for you.

• @GHSJade said:
    For $150.00/month

Thanked by 2Hassan Andre
  • PM'd.

• So far @serverian is on track with what im looking for. And a possible buy.

I'm still looking low end. I thank everyone for their offers thus far, but really Ram isnt a huge deal. Processor can be crap as well. Im looking for a low end server with space. I just cant justify a few of the offers i've recieved because i dont need a power house, just something to store lots of files and serve them out to 1 person. Me.

Thanks for the offers thus far.

• @Novalok We could do this in our Kansas City Location, drop me a PM.

• Take a look at our servers see if it fits the bill thanks enjoy

• PM sent.

• c0yc0y Member

@Sonwebhost said:
    Take a look at our servers see if it fits the bill thanks enjoy

Weren't you complaining people flamed at you without even using punciation and you being a professional writer some time ago?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I will pm you later tonight

• Thanks for all the offers thus far, will keep everyone in mind. If you PM me your offer ill gladly reply

• @frost a professional,

• tuxtux Member

OVH?

• OVH is a possibility, but nothing set in stone, and i'd like to avoid if possible

• @Novalok PM me and I'll be able to work with you for a cheaper plan than @GHSJade listed.

• I found this https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1296021 not sure if they're trustworthy

• https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1296021
    @Ruriko, they're very trust worthy and that is certainly a cracking deal :)

• @Reece said:
    https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1296021
    Ruriko, they're very trust worthy and that is certainly a cracking deal :)

If this is real it is very good actually, especially considering it is in KVM (so technically you can run Windows in it), BuyVM has the same plan for 7 bucks a month I believe.

• I put in my request for a box for the cheap $5 but as with the price, im not expecting the best performance so something a little better is still on my radar :)

• also @zhuanyi the buyvm deal is $7.00 for 250 gig space 256 ram. :)

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited August 2013

@Novalok said:
    also zhuanyi the buyvm deal is $7.00 for 250 gig space 256 ram. :)

So the SwiftNOC deal is even better...but obviously BuyVM has a pretty good reputation here, while Swiftway...I have never used them before so I can't comment on it.

Also both location Swiftway offers (NL and Chicago) are the ones which there is no BuyVM storage plans, which would be good if you want some redundancy (since BuyBM's only storage location is LV, which is on the west coast)

• @zhuanyi said:

West coast*....

• @zfedora said:

My bad, fixed. thanks!

• @GHSJade said:
    If you're looking for a dedicated server we can help you out,

Our dedicated servers are located in the Orlando, FL(DimeNOC) Datacenter

500 GB Hard Drive
    10 TB Monthly Bandwidth
    2.53Ghz Quad-Core Xeon
    Processor
    8 GB Ram
    1 IPv4 Addresses
    For $150.00/month

Please let us know if this would work for you.

With a 500GB $7/month offer floating around, many being able to offer similar deals and the OP asking for 1TB and a yearly deal, how on earth do you think you offer is anywhere near suitable?

• ztecztec Member

What software do you use to stream to your pc at ease?

• I have not yet picked the software I plan to use. I've used vlc in the past but will use something different when the whole setup is complete

• ztecztec Member

Could you let me know what works good for streaming towards home?

• Gladly :)

• If you are still interested in finding a server we would be glad to help. Please PM us. Thanks!