Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boot centos ISO (Ubuntu)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Boot centos ISO (Ubuntu)

Hello,

I have a server at my home that has Ubuntu desktop, i would like to install centos. I have the centos mounted and i just cant find any installers, i have tried burning and booting from USB/Disk but still can't boot centos to install, ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• What do you mean you have it mounted?

• jhjh Member

You need to boot from it

• @Abdussamad said:
    What do you mean you have it mounted?

I done:

mkdir /media/iso

mount -o loop centos-minimal.iso /media/iso

And in ubuntu it shows the ISO Mounted, but when you click it, it shows you the sub folders and files, i have clicked nearly every file, no installer.

Thanks @Abdussamad and @jhadley

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

You could use unetbootin

• You don't mount it. You burn the image on to a DVD and boot from that. Choose the option to burn an image in your burner program. Also when you boot you will likely have to repartition your hard drive to make room for centos. So be sure to backup everything in case something goes wrong.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited August 2013

You can make a bootable USB stick with http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

• This is sounding ridiculous. Are you able to set your BIOS to boot from the hard disk, or press the F12 key to select which device to boot from?

• When you burn the image, make sure it burns into a bootable disk and not just a regular old data disk.

• unetboot plus booting from disk does not work.