Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your experience with Datashack?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Your experience with Datashack?

It looks like they are a pretty large provider, mostly offering dedicated servers, and some of which are within lowend pricing range. As I am looking for one of this kind of dedis, their Phenom 840 with RAID plan looks quite tempting($39/m). It's obviously used hardwares but seems more reasonable than Poundhost's 20 quid dedi.

However, quite a few reviews also say that Datashack has a very strict ToS, and you can lose your server easily.

If you are a user, could you please tell me your experience with them?

Thanks.

P.S. I have another question: do they provide KVM over ip or IPMI? Otherwise bridging the network seems very unsafe.

Comments

• It's KVM over IP if the unit is available (usually if "bargain bin" servers are released in bulk by WII, 1-2 week delay on such a KVM over IP)

Network is so-so.. not the best in the world and yet, not the worst I've seen.

Support is hit and miss. Sometimes competent, sometimes leave you wondering.

• @doughmanes said:
    It's KVM over IP if the unit is available (usually if "bargain bin" servers are released in bulk by WII, 1-2 week delay on such a KVM over IP)

Network is so-so.. not the best in the world and yet, not the worst I've seen.

Support is hit and miss. Sometimes competent, sometimes leave you wondering.

Thanks mate. It's with at least 4 ips I think, so if KVM-over-IP is available, I can run a Xen PV on it.