Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When I asked Virmach for refund, they threatened to charge me more. - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

When I asked Virmach for refund, they threatened to charge me more.

14567810»

Comments

• @WSS said:

Falzo said: he clicked 'add funds' and got charged immediately, especially without any further steps involved.

That's not how it works. At all.

You have to click:

• "Add Funds"
    • (page loads)
    • You decide how much to add, and type that in.
    • Then you decide how you want to pay, and choose Credit/PayPal/etc from the pulldown, and finally click "Add Funds"
    • Finally, you login/auth with your choice of provider, and checkout.

Even if you have an agreement with PayPal in place, you have to consciously make an effort for all of this. Buyers Remorse is not a valid reason for refund.

"Add Funds" yes. Step 1

(page loads) that counts as a step?

You decide how much to add, and type that in. incorrect. It defaults to 5 dollars, no need to type in amount. No Step.

Then you decide how you want to pay, and choose Credit/PayPal/etc from the pulldown, and finally click "Add Funds" Don't have the option to choose, just "Add Funds", money gone. Final Step.

Finally, you login/auth with your choice of provider, and checkout. incorrect. Absolutely load of rubbish, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Thanked by 1ikkizenho
  • @AnthonySmith said:

Falzo said: thanks, as said above it's just how it sounded to me in the first place. I have no active service with virmach so can't tell how easily one can add funds by mistake ;-)

No worries, so I guess it works similar to vultr then, not quite as many steps but you for sure have to go to the page, enter or choose an amount, select the payment type and then make a confirmation with the processor even if you have a billing agreement in place.

My only real issue with this thread is the "accident" part, not that it impacts me either way I suppose, not looking for a fight either, just a point of interest.

Typical lazy bum who just came to conclusions without being bothered to check.

@WSS said:
    That's why I corrected you, and decided to point out just how absurd this thread is. OP is a whiny bitch and should lose his $5.

Did you wash your mouth with goat piss?

Thanked by 1ikkizenho
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2017

@Jameswxx said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Falzo said: thanks, as said above it's just how it sounded to me in the first place. I have no active service with virmach so can't tell how easily one can add funds by mistake ;-)

No worries, so I guess it works similar to vultr then, not quite as many steps but you for sure have to go to the page, enter or choose an amount, select the payment type and then make a confirmation with the processor even if you have a billing agreement in place.

My only real issue with this thread is the "accident" part, not that it impacts me either way I suppose, not looking for a fight either, just a point of interest.

@WSS said:
    That's why I corrected you, and decided to point out just how absurd this thread is. OP is a whiny bitch and should lose his $5.

So do you seriously think that you did nothing wrong and that it is entirely the host's fault and responsibility and that you deserve a full refund at the expense of the host?

• JameswxxJameswxx Member
    edited November 2017

Also @Virmach added the highlighted texts after I posted this thread.

• After reading this thread, it is so obvious that the the fault was on the customer side, and Virmach suffers from his mistake. For similar issues in the future, with other providers, if it happens again, just close your eye and send a full refund, block the Paypal address permanently, and report him to the community.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Jameswxx said: Typical lazy bum who just came to conclusions without being bothered to check.

Not at all, sorry I don't support your narrative but I have politely asked you directly 3 times now and all you have managed to say is that I am a lazy bum, I who read what you wrote, you did not bother reading what you were signing up for.

Get real, the world is not here to clean up after you.

• @Jameswxx said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@WSS said:

so now I am taking sides. why the hell you need to offend the people here?

honestly I also find it odd, that one could click two times like for exploring the process and get charged without any further warning or invoice before, so might even have agreed with your point.

and also I am not a fan of that crappy TOS stuff like 'if you sent us money for whatever you never get it back' because I think from a provider point of view any discussion with the client only will cost time, money and reputation.
    better refund any questionable mini amount as fast as possible and be done with it - but that's just my approach.

yet your attitudine™ against the one from virmach who's admitting the problem and changing things to make it better in the future, clearly tells you somehow lost it, even if one would tend to understand your point...

Thanked by 1WSS

Falzo said: so now I am taking sides. why the hell you need to offend the people here?

I think he is just lashing out now because the holes in his BS have been exposed and it is all he has left.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The dude lost it when he was exposed. He's been PMS-ing ever since.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

The only reason to be so worked up over losing $5 by being an idiot is because you got fake rock or something. Jameswackkks really need to write his local politician if he can borrow enough money to purchase a stamp.

@Jameswxx said:

Nope. @VirMach and I split a bottle of Cristal with your donation. Thanks for the cash!

• VirMach said: Customer requested a refund, and per our policy, our billing agent rejected the refund.

Your website caused confusion. Customer clicked the wrong button, asked for refund. Because of your policy, your low level agent refused refunding, causing customer to escalate to paypal.

That is your company policy problem and your web site design problem. You tried to blame your customer?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

@greattomeetyou said:

VirMach said: Customer requested a refund, and per our policy, our billing agent rejected the refund.

Your website caused confusion. Customer clicked the wrong button, asked for refund. Because of your policy, your low level agent refused refunding, causing customer to escalate to paypal.

That is your company policy problem and your web site design problem. You tried to blame your customer?

Nice axe to grind. You're still wrong, and a prime example why nobody wants the headache of China traffic for their cheaper services.

• WSS said: Nice axe to grind. You're still wrong, and a prime example why nobody wants the headache of China traffic for their cheaper services.

I spoke the truth. Those were my experience. This customer told his experience.

Virmach can ban all Chinese traffic, they can put it in the policy and quit accepting money and traffic from China.

• It'd certainly make their job easier.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2017

I never liked paypal agreements, card on file, even subscriptions.
    If a subscription is forced on me (i.e. checkout is actually a subscribe button) I leave the page and pay the invoice separately. There usually are places where pay now button is not actually subscribe as it may be for further invoices when a subscription already exists.
    Refunding comes at a cost to the host, partial refunds to account for that are a nightmare for accounting, at least here, however, it is not worth the hassle.
    Too bad chinese are very insisting, as I am writing here, one made another fake account and made another purchase I will have to refund after just refunding and closing his previous fake account.

• I hope that you add the card to a block list with your gateway..

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

He uses multiple paypal accounts.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@greattomeetyou said:

VirMach said: Customer requested a refund, and per our policy, our billing agent rejected the refund.

So apparently the customer really is always right?

• He gets the refund and is STILL ungrateful. The customer is NOT always right.

bib said: He gets the refund and is STILL ungrateful. The customer is NOT always right.

Careful! you will get called a nipple hard racist who does not care about reputation and unprofessional by the cry bullies and the professionally insulted members for having radical ideas like that

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@greattomeeetyou I guess you and the op are brothers. I bet you make excuses for everything in your life. It the websites fault. That is one of the dumbest excuses i never heard. Are you and your brother just that stupid? I will answer that one, Yes.