Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Payment Methods used by Chinese which don't have Charge-back?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Payment Methods used by Chinese which don't have Charge-back?

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Anyone aware of any methods of payment that are well used methods (among Chinese in particular) that do not have any risk of charge-back?

Of course this means no Paypal, and no Credit Card.

So what is out that that is is a geneally well accepted form of payment that cannot be at risk of charge-back? BitCoin and other Cryptos are an obvious 1, but are the Chinese really uses alot of Crypto to actually pay for things?

Anything else?

Comments

• Skrill is a good one

• zhangsyzhangsy Member
    edited November 2017

Alipay Wepay Unionpay.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Bitcoin, wechat and cash

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Pretty sure both Skrill and Alipay have charge-backs @FoxelVox and @zangsy.

@WebProject, does wechat not have chargeback? I can't find any info on this.

• You may check Paysera(but not very sure), webmoney(can be used with Paysera as well) and perfectmoney
    There is a lot more those what I can remember at the moment

• China more reliable third-party payments, including Alipay, WeChat payment, QQ payment, he is the issuer Jun (www.fakajun.com)

• Registration (www.fakajun.com) can be achieved using Alipay, WeChat payment, QQ paid.

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

@Rami Dont use webmoney it will end on locking account. i have a bad experience with them

• randvegeta said: Of course this means no Paypal, and no Credit Card.

Actually banks and credit card issuers in China almost never process chargebacks, so you might be rather safe. Problem with CCs is that not many chinese are willing to use credit card for online purchases.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@randvegeta said:

Wechat is payment wallet, customers still topup wallet using payment card, using wallet customer purchase services and this classifying as indirect payment from card - big difference to PayPal.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

@Rami said:
    You may check Paysera(but not very sure), webmoney(can be used with Paysera as well) and perfectmoney
    There is a lot more those what I can remember at the moment

Paysera for Chinese? No. As all CC merchants, they have charge backs. Webmoney mostly used in Russian world. PerfectMoney has no charge backs, but they fees are very very high ( withdraw 10 - 15% ).

• WeChat don’t have chargebacks refunds and part refunds yes but no chargebacks.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • Blood.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@WSS said:
    Blood.

"Sorry Red Cross, I had to sell my blood for a VPS so I can't donate this time. I hope you understand."

Is BitCoin and other crypto widely used among Chinese buyers (of VPN and Hosting services)?

• zevuszevus Member
    edited November 2017

@randvegeta said:
    Is BitCoin and other crypto widely used among Chinese buyers (of VPN and Hosting services)?

I guess it's harder for them to get bitcoin now, since Chinese gov't closed down the exchanges. Using exchanges in other countries, would also not be allowed.

Probably hard for your average citizen to acquire bitcoins, or not a hassle they'd want to go through.

.... similar to playing online poker at Pokerstars from US, many years ago? yikes

ed: there was some major arbitrage on the chinese exchanges for some time, w/ so many of them selling off

• @MasonR said:

@WSS said:
    Blood.

"Sorry Red Cross, I had to sell my blood for a VPS so I can't donate this time. I hope you understand."

I almost said "Bird Flu", but I've been busy with actual work and life today and decided I didn't need to just do a drive-thru post when I couldn't enjoy the responses.

• Its easier to hire Chinese support/translators than perceive them as problems due to cultural/language misunderstandings.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2017

@WebProject said:

@randvegeta said:

Wechat is payment wallet, customers still topup wallet using payment card, using wallet customer purchase services and this classifying as indirect payment from card - big difference to PayPal.

Indirect or not a stolen credit card is a stolen credit card (or claim of) / unauthorized charge. Wepay are going to not get paid so they must (surely) take it from the merchant.

• that's not true unless the payment is made with UnionPay(China's own payment network).

@dedipromo said:

randvegeta said: Of course this means no Paypal, and no Credit Card.

Actually banks and credit card issuers in China almost never process chargebacks, so you might be rather safe. Problem with CCs is that not many chinese are willing to use credit card for online purchases.

• doughmanes said: Its easier to hire Chinese support/translators than perceive them as problems due to cultural/language misunderstandings.

Is it really?

• @JoeMerit said:

doughmanes said: Its easier to hire Chinese support/translators than perceive them as problems due to cultural/language misunderstandings.

Is it really?

Easier, no. It’s clearly easier to not deal with a group of people that require additional effort to deal with.

More profitable though? Quite possibly. It’s a very big country, with a lot of tech savvy people. There’s money to be made if you’re prepared to make a bit of effort.

• JoeMerit said: Is it really?

Yes.

Past employer brought in two translators for 2 12hr shifts. There was even one who did tech support tickets.

"Problems in support" went down and billing went smoother while sales increased, which brought in a Chinese sales person. I mean do seriously people run a business using Google Translate? I'd translate a response but would NEVER reply back with a Google Translate translation

• doughmanes said: Yes.

Past employer brought in two translators for 2 12hr shifts. There was even one who did tech support tickets.

Can you quantify the 'easier' element in any way? Genuinely interested.

@doughmanes said:

JoeMerit said: Is it really?

Yes.

"Problems in support" went down and billing went smoother while sales increased, which brought in a Chinese sales person. I mean do seriously people run a business using Google Translate? I'd translate a response but would NEVER reply back with a Google Translate translation

Was it remote or onsite support staff? How much did they cost the company?