Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualmin issues
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualmin issues

I have been using Virtualmin for that last few years and it worked well the main thing I like about it is the backup and restore option for the virtual servers.

But this last couple of weeks every time I install it on a VPS the virtual hosts just go to the default apache page in var/www/html/

I can edit the VirtualHost files for each site in /etc/apache2/sites-available/ but I might as well not use a control panel if I have to do that.

All the machines I tried it on were running a fresh install of Ubuntu 16 and on different networks and different virtualizations KVM and OpenVZ

Has anyone experienced this problem with it and if so what did you do.

Comments

• You don't have ServerName set in your default http/https stanza, and you have it set by IP right?

• Your first (000-default.conf) host should be similar to:

<VirtualHost x.x.x.x:80>
     #ServerName not set
    </VirtualHost>

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

the issue is not with Virtualmin or Apache, luck of skills and knowledge of server administration.

Try the following keywords in the same search in Google: step by step, setup apache 2, webmin

• edited November 2017

@solarman
    If you are using an OpenVZ VPS, you may need to change the default shared IP address virtualmin uses. You can do this under:

Virtualmin > System Settings > Virtualmin Configuration 

and then scroll down to Networking, where the first parameter is 'Network interface for virtual addresses'.

You should then change this from venet0 to venet0:0

Scroll down and click save, then click 'Recheck Configuration'. It will prompt you to update the IP address for any servers you have already created.

NOTE: I had this issue with Virtualmin but I am running the LEMP / Nginx stack, so this might not work for you.

Thanked by 2solarman vimalware
  • Thanks @lowendusername I will give it a go when I get a chance.

I did get things working by changing the IP in Virtualmin > Addresses and Networking > Shared IP Addresses > Shared IPv4 addresses for any servers.

It was nice when it worked out of the box but then nothing lasts forever :)