Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid Fraud orders
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoid Fraud orders

BreezehostBreezehost Member
edited January 2012 in General

I am frustrate with Fraud orders, I have already configured Maxmind Application but still I am getting Fraud orders, I want to avoid fraud orders, is there any better solution than Maxmind ?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Aldryic is our solution.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Hello,

We use MaxMind and have no fraud orders come through, I would say your settings are not strong enough.

Regards,

• Actually I have configured very wll Maxmind application, Let me know I want to avoid specific country, how can I do that ?

• @CVPS_Chris said: We use MaxMind and have no fraud orders come through

Of course my first response on that is always "How many legit orders have you rejected as well?"

• Every Day 3 Fraud orders I am rejecting.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited February 2012

Ban the IPs from making orders then... are you sure their fraud and not just clients who want to keep their privacy? In our line of business fraud happens. You should be making enough profit to cover a 5 - 10% loss due to fraud.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

http://whmcsaddon.com/products/geofilter = 0% fraud for us since adding it to WHMCS.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@DrMike, we tend to see 5-10 orders get marked fraud a day. If the person opens up a ticket and can verify why they were marked as fraud or we can see they were using a proxy we usually let them proceed unless we see something fishy.

• @Francisco said: @Aldryic is our solution.

The Final Solution to the Brazilian Pinoy CN Clientele Question.

• Catch a fraudster, use tar and feathers, make it public. The rest will stay away :)

• @kujoe: Do you use geofilter by itself, or with maxmind?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Both. We used to use MaxMind's phone verification, but GeoFilter is more accurate and cheaper.