Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Just Raised Prices of All Servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Just Raised Prices of All Servers?

SprkFadeSprkFade Member
edited November 2017 in Providers

I read about the DDOS not being free anymore but when I went to look at servers recently, they've all increased in price quite a bit:

HOST-32L: Was 64.99 Now 77.99

SP-32: Was 74.99 Now 89.99

FS-48T: Was 378.99 Now 424.99

Anyone know what's going on? Those increases are well beyond the DDOS price bump.

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited November 2017

puts tinfoil hat on

It's all a plot to say "Our servers are up to 20% off for Black Friday/Cyber Monday", when they are really normally priced after the discount.

• @MasonR said:
    puts tinfoil hat on

It's all a plot to say "Our servers are up to 20% off for Black Friday/Cyber Monday", when they are really normally priced after the discount.

..and aliens can't get through a freakin' door.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

I do not think that prices will be cheaper ever

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited November 2017

Had they previously priced their locations differently?

For 32-L at ovh.co.uk excl VAT

Roubaix £59.99
    Strasbourg £59.99
    Gravelines £59.99
    Frankfurt £69.99
    London £69.99
    Beauharnois £59.99
    Warsaw £54.99

• @ricardo said:
    Had they previously priced their locations differently?

For 32-L at ovh.co.uk

Roubaix £59.99
    Strasbourg £59.99
    Gravelines £59.99
    Frankfurt £69.99
    London £69.99
    Beauharnois £59.99
    Warsaw £54.99

Yeah, I saw that before. The new locations seemed to be more expensive if I remember correctly.

• I also should have specified that I was using the ovh.com site when I noticed the price increases. Not sure if the others (ie, co.uk) show the same changes.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2017

As I was saying. Banks want their money back too.

Thanked by 1jh_aurologic
  • EasedEased Member, Host Rep

It does appear that base pricing has also increased. First vRack, now Anti-DDoS.

FeelsBadMan

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

if they start charge for Anti-DDoS they should deliver it as service, as it's plenty reviews about their Anti-DDoS is sucks.

• SprkFadeSprkFade Member
    edited November 2017

@WebProject said:
    if they start charge for Anti-DDoS they should deliver it as service, as it's plenty reviews about their Anti-DDoS is sucks.

I've heard the opposite. Most people say that other's DDOS protection is garbage compared to OVH's. I guess nothing is really "free".

• This is probably OVH just finally getting adjusted to normal market conditions from all the financing they have gotten.

It makes me wonder if this is why Online.net is always sold out. I am not sure OVH is priced near as competitive now in the France market.

• @SprkFade said:
    I guess nothing is really "free".

The real world is crushing.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

dominate the market, crush the little guys with prices, raise prices... amazon.

• Haha! OVH... And you guys are still surprised each and every time... <3

• Hang on, are you telling me that unsustainable prices having to be raised is now news? This is impossible from The World's Best Hosting Company Because It's Cheap.

Also:

Thanked by 1mikho
  • @GTHost said:
    I do not think that prices will be cheaper ever

Can you actually contribute to the community?

Your one-line sentences aren’t only broken, they’re useless and add nothing to the thread. (or any thread rather)

Thanked by 3FredQc MasonR mikho
  • Will this happen to Aruba too?

• @default said:
    Will this happen to Aruba too?

They did already by removing the 1 euro machines, everyone almost died when that happened, because we end up with no possibility for summer hosts anymore if people actually have to pay for hardware :( So sad.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • this is more scammy behavior. i will be taking my business to colocrossing!

• Well, I only see an $8 CAD added premium on 1Gbps offers here... Also Game range is still the same. I think it affect more KS users where the price where at the bottom of the barrell.

Why being so alarmist? And how much threads do we need for this? 5, 10?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@maldovia said:
    this is more scammy behavior. i will be taking my business to colocrossing!

It was Halloween, not April 1st.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • @mikho said:

@maldovia said:

Is that when they're rolling out IPv6?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:

@mikho said:

@maldovia said:

Is that when they're rolling out IPv6?

Date is correct, year is yet to be determined.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Zerpy said: They did already by removing the 1 euro machines, everyone almost died when that happened, because we end up with no possibility for summer hosts anymore if people actually have to pay for hardware :( So sad.

Nah man we still got @volumedrive scamming vendors and clients, it's the summer of '69 for them.

Francisco

Thanked by 3netomx Hassan WSWD
  • @FredQc said:
    Well, I only see an $8 CAD added premium on 1Gbps offers here... Also Game range is still the same. I think it affect more KS users where the price where at the bottom of the barrell.

There was a 70 dollar jump on some of the OVH branded servers, not just the 1-10 for DDOS that was reported. It’s a pretty big deal.

• Wow.. its not cheap anymore

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2017

@FredQc said:
    Well, I only see an $8 CAD added premium on 1Gbps offers here... Also Game range is still the same. I think it affect more KS users where the price where at the bottom of the barrell.

Kimsufi only gets 1EUR more, since 100Mbit.

On the other hand, does someone remember the atom servers from 2013 for 2.99?

Before kimsufi.com was there, according to the ovh newsletter they do not get a price increase, due to not be 1Gbit.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited November 2017

default said: Will this happen to Aruba too?

The final prices will match the ones exposed to the Italian clientele on cloud.it, that is: 4,99 €/mo starting. I give them one more year to remove the "Smart" offer on all DCs. The 1€ thing has clearly been a move to dump competitors in the EU market, they even self-promoted themselves as leading members of a "GDPR-oriented" organization dubbed "CISPE" and dumped a previous effort coming from a competitor in the Italian market. "Enter" did become "one of the official cloud service providers for the EU" some time ago and attempted to found a "Cloud Team Alliance", now completely wiped out of existance; they sort-of surrendered to Aruba and joined CISPE (obviously they won't state it like this). After the fall of the "safe harbor provisions" Aruba, already tied with the Italian public administration, probably tried to secure the EU market declaring their conformity to EU rules and providing a service hypothetically without jurisdictional US ties; with the "privacy shield" this market has shrunk yet public administrations may prefer a EU-only sort-of-EU-certified "cloud" for them. They show themselves involved in "Regulation proposals", last time in September they expressed concerns about the lack of a regulation on the "free flow" of non-personal data within EU boundaries (....). In the not-so-long term they're aiming to a pretty different market than the 1€+VAT one.

• @Francisco said:
    Nah man we still got @volumedrive scamming vendors and clients, it's the summer of '69 for them.

Francisco

D*mnit, man! I was drinking something when I read this. Fortunately, I keep paper towels at my desk.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited November 2017

OVH has a well-tested method, it's called the Heroine Model. Cheap to start out, get you dependant, then hike the price or change the terms. Let's face it, works.