Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FUSE on OpenVZ
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FUSE on OpenVZ

Hi, looking for some feedback/pointers.

I've been trying to setup a FUSE client in an OpenVZ VPS for a little while now, (to be specific, rclone). I've had no success for over a month now.

What I've done: I've asked the support to enable FUSE, and they do. It exists as a node as /dev/fuse on Ubuntu 64

Lately it comes up with no user permissions (and won't work with sudo), so I change the group to fuse and add g+rw permissions. (I am already in the fuse group, logged in again). I try rclone mount, and it fails with:

mount helper error: fusermount: mount failed: No such device

Is all of this correct? Am I missing a step? Or is the provider not doing it right? Should I be expecting FUSE to work in OpenVZ?

I know I had it working for a few months, now they can't seem to keep my VPS running, never mind configure it correctly.

Thanks.

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2017

You need to send a ticket to your provider to have fuze enabled.

Edit: Ignore what I just said.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I would guess a problem with the host, never heard of it just stop working like that from any of my clients.

• @MikeA said:
    I would guess a problem with the host, never heard of it just stop working like that from any of my clients.

Mostly it just "stopped working" because it kept getting rebooted, and the network was dog slow. After a few textbook solutions they tell me to set up again on another node. It hasn't helped. I'm about to cancel but I wonder if I'll get any different performance with another host.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@BoxOfSnoo said:

@MikeA said:

Mostly it just "stopped working" because it kept getting rebooted, and the network was dog slow. After a few textbook solutions they tell me to set up again on another node. It hasn't helped. I'm about to cancel but I wonder if I'll get any different performance with another host.

I'm surprised the reboots alone weren't annoying in that case :P

• @MikeA said:

@BoxOfSnoo said:

@MikeA said:

I'm surprised the reboots alone weren't annoying in that case :P

"Annoying" yeah that's the word.