Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Substitution for VC1S with more storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Substitution for VC1S with more storage

Hello guys,

I have been using a VC1S VPS on Scaleway and besides the limited storage I am pretty satisfied with it.

As I mentioned unfortunately the storage is very limited and therefore I have been searching for something else with more storage, something like a Dedibox SC 2016 from online.net

That would probably be the perfect solution but is it possible to get it for less than the 9€ a month?

Location should be in EU and no problems with using JDownloader and Emby-Server!

Would be thankful for every hint!

Comments

• add more disk for 1€/50G on your scaleway thing?

• Unfortunately, that's not possible on the VPS. Adding more disks is an exclusive feature of the dedi servers.

• Unfortunately, that's not possible on the VPS. Adding more disks is an exclusive feature of the dedi servers.

All of the other options can add more storage, only the VC1S is locked to 50GB

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Aidan said:

Unfortunately, that's not possible on the VPS. Adding more disks is an exclusive feature of the dedi servers.

All of the other options can add more storage, only the VC1S is locked to 50GB

oh well, I have to admit I didn't know that...

@neik how much storage you're looking for? probably usual suspects like kimsufi are what comes to mind...

• neikneik Member
    edited October 2017

Oh, then I misunderstood that.
    Anyways, when I would go with a VC1M that would already be 5,99€ for memory-wise and cpu-wise almost the same specs as the Dedibox but with way less storage, so I'm not sure if that would be a good trade-off for me.

Is it right, that the Dedibox has a 1Gbps with unmetered bandwith?

€dit:
    @Falzo, something like 250GB would be great, 500GB would be more than enough but I wouldn't turn it down.

• I didn't realize the vc1s couldn't accomodate more of those 50gb volumes. That's surprising.

I have a C1 ARM dedi (3 euro/mo) and it can take more volumes, I'm pretty sure.

Otherwise, looks like SC 2016 dedibox is in stock, if you want 1tb of hdd storage for 9 euro/month.

• Yes, that's right. With the C1 you are able to add more volumes but imo the ARM is even slower than the VC1S.

Can I expect the same performance from the SC in comparison to the VC1S (Scaleway)?
    Both have 2 cores while the SC's ones are dedicated.