Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for an online job
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for an online job

subjugatingsubjugating Banned, Member

Hi,

I am from India. I am looking for an online job. I am into privacy, security, encryption, and Internet rights. I like to help people with OpenVPN, Wireguard, TLS Security, configuration hardening, ZNC and much more.

Other than sysadmin work recently I got into content writing and love to write guides and tutorials as well.

Thanks! With respect.

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2017

What kind of pay r u looking for?

• subjugatingsubjugating Banned, Member

@randvegeta said:
    What kind of pay r u looking for?

200-300 EUR a month for part-time online job. I would dedicate most of my time including Saturdays for the job, albeit, if you require me to have dedicated presence on Live chat for instance then I won't take any less than 400 EUR.

I quote in EUR because whatever system admin jobs I got online over IRC was from people in Sweden or NL mostly.

Thanks!

• WSSWSS Member

personally, I look for IRC bouncers in every prospective resume

Thanked by 1switsys
    edited October 2017

@WSS said:

I have setup a lot of them. I have even setup an IRC network for someone. But my focus is basically on TLS security with ZNC or IPv6 setup for unique IPv6 for a user. I have helped a few XMPP server admins fix their cipher string too. Quite popular ones as well.

• @cipher said:

@WSS said:

I have setup a lot of them. I have even setup an IRC network for someone. But my focus is basically on TLS security with ZNC or IPv6 setup for unique IPv6 for a user. I have helped a few XMPP server admins fix their cipher string too. Quite popular ones as well.

Do you have a portfolio containing the work that you've done previously?

• edited October 2017

@cipher get a static site with your services and a little portfolio. Trust me doing that will set you apart from the other 80% of the folks offering these kind of services. If you want to go even deeper, write a few tutorials and post it on your static site as blog content. Then, open up a quora account and start replying to posts related to your niche. Do this for 1-2 months, as a part-time job, that means 20 hours a week. I can assure you that you would be able to get a part-time to full-time job in no time.

Your wage is really not much for someone experienced with the knowledge that you claim you have. However, you need to display it and show it before anyone takes you serious.

edited October 2017

@doghouch @IAlwaysBeCoding

I am a writer for Technofaq.org, here are some of my technical/non-technical writings:

https://technofaq.org/posts/author/buddy/

A few of them got selected by Linode.com for publication too (Already got paid for 1 guide). I got myself a domain name and a VPS and I would soon be publishing all list of work I have done or do.

I ve been providing support over Freenode IRC network regarding VPNs, TLS, ZNC, SSH etc since a few years now.

Doing the same got me a part-time job at AzireVPN.com as well, I work there as Support executive and Junior VPN consultant.

I highly appreciate you both to push me toward getting a sound online presence, it would help me for sure.

Thanks! With respect.

Thanked by 1raindog308