Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

64GB+ Memory Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

64GB+ Memory Dedicated Server

lurchlurch Member
edited October 2017 in Requests

Frggin typical that the hetzner no setup fee offer has expired when I actually NEED one.

Anyway i'm after....

I7/E3 but will consider others (quad core minimum)

64GB+ memory this is a must and fast as possible

2x120gb ssd soft raid

20Tb on 1GBPS

IPMI of some sort

No location preference but 48 hour trial if possible.

Budget <$70 per month

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

This should fit nicely within your budget https://www.clouvider.co.uk/dedicated-and-colocation/dedicated-servers/ and offers excellent quality that many in this forum can confirm :-).

• @Clouvider said:
    This should fit nicely within your budget https://www.clouvider.co.uk/dedicated-and-colocation/dedicated-servers/ and offers excellent quality that many in this forum can confirm :-).

Hi when I take it up to 64Gb and 2x240gb (no option for 120gb) it takes it up to £103.80?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

@lurch said:

@Clouvider said:

Hi when I take it up to 64Gb and 2x240gb (no option for 120gb) it takes it up to £103.80?

Whoops :-(. I completely missed the 64 GB bit, sorry.

I’ll be in touch with some discount as an apology but it won’t get us down to 70 USD unfortunately.

Once again apologies for any inconvenience caused.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Well, with that, OVH is usually the only one who can do that.

• Might be tough at that budget, but I would give @Dedispec a try. They ought to be able to at least come close.

• lurchlurch Member
    edited October 2017

@szarka said:

I found one of dedispecs offers before I made the post

Dual Intel Xeon X5650

CPU: 2.66Ghz - 3.06Ghz Turbo - 2 Processors (12 Cores / 24 Threads)

Memory: 64GB DDR3

Storage: 1x 1TB HDD or 120GB SSD

Bandwidth: 1Gbit Port: 33TB/Month

IPs: 5 Usable IPv4

Monthly: $49/Month

and made that a sort of baseline and added $20

• I have a server there and I can say that it looks decent. I did have about 10 hours of downtime this month when they had a power issue, and I'd feel better recommending them if they had been more proactive about keeping customers informed. OTOH, my outage would probably have been shorter if I had noticed and contacted them sooner. (My box needed manual intervention, and they responded promptly when I contacted them. But I'm not using it in production right now and I was busy that day, so I didn't rush to investigate.) Still feeling good about it as an alternative to OVH, good value for the $, etc.

• Thanks for the feedback, 10 hours downtime is a lot. Do they not have ups/generators?Yes things happen I know but as i'm looking to use for a new service i'm working on I can't afford to have massive downtime.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

If you increase your budget, or open it up to other CPU options, you may have a better chance of finding offers. RAM for E3 systems is very expensive right now.

• I'm open to other cpu options prefer quad core.

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • Check wholesaleinternet ;)

• @lurch said:
    Thanks for the feedback, 10 hours downtime is a lot. Do they not have ups/generators?Yes things happen I know but as i'm looking to use for a new service i'm working on I can't afford to have massive downtime.

The failure was localized to a small group of servers, so I'm guessing equipment failure not generalized power failure. I've had some pretty serious outages at OVH over the years, too, so TBH I really would write it off as "these things happen" if they were a little better at communicating with an after-action report.