Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aruba.it and arubacloud
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aruba.it and arubacloud

Hello,
I would like to know how aruba responds to abuse complaints.Has anyone ever had like their server suspended?Im trying to understand what kind of provider it is; i have seen reports of spam and phishing coming from their customers servers.They also have the reputation of being behind the 2013 santrex bgp hijack according to wikileaks, which is something pretty outstanding for a provider, but they never released any statement about it.So is it a much abused provider and do they turn a blind eye or fight abuse?

Comments

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

They respond to abuse, we're not going to help you break the law my man.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • I dont need help in breaking the law, i just wanted to know if it is another shady webhost like many others.every provider says those things are forbidden, but how spam and phishing never fade?

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited October 2017

ftfw said: shady webhost

Not shady at all, it's the major host in Italy where they work for the public administration as well and where they operate at very different prices. They'll always err on the side of caution and blow up your server at any request. The most famous case dates back to 2004 and involved the collective "autistici.org"; their server has been silently intercepted and Aruba blatantly lied about what was happening going well beyond the Postale request (and that's how the collective moved all their servers in different States). Conspiracy theories aside, they are so deeply interconnected with public administration nowadays that if there's something shady on their side, it's due to bureaucracy.

EDIT: and yes, they cooperated with Hacking Team since Hacking Team was operating under the directives of ROS, they bend over to any and all request from enforcement pretty easily

• I didnt know that, this changed my opinion in them but it didnt get better; as there are those who would protect the customers from law enforcement for the right amount of money, there are probably those who give in pretty easily.i think both should be avoided

• While I'm not the least surprised by what @mfs reported (thanks, mfs, good to know such things) I'd like to add that being a whore and a snitch does not exclude the option to also be incompetent, stupid, and not trustworthy.