Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

about hp smart array b110i and windows server with raid-1
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

about hp smart array b110i and windows server with raid-1

smicrozsmicroz Member
edited October 2017 in Help

Hi,

I'm trying setup hp smart array b110i with two ssd disk, I make a logical disk and when loading windows installation not appears the disk. Is neccesary to add the license key for use this?

Also I'm looking to setup windows server 2012 with raid-1 for single failure (On linux its simple with mdam) but it's first time with windows server, I have only two disk 750gb ssd, and i'm viewing on youtube some tutorial but with three disk, one for os, the other for raid-1.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks

Comments

• you may need to use a HP smart start disk or download drivers for the b110i and tell windows installation to use the drivers.

• @seaeagle said:
    you may need to use a HP smart start disk or download drivers for the b110i and tell windows installation to use the drivers.

Thanks, but I founded drivers, loaded during installation, windows installator detect a disk, but can’t continue with the installation because windows cant create the partition.

• Create the mirror and partition in BIOS first - "Option ROM Configuration for Arrays"

• I setup first o bios and then run win2012 and load driver, but apparently not works with win2012, then I install win2008 and works well.

Thanks Seaeagle

Rgds,
    Edo