Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a EU unmanaged VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a EU unmanaged VPS

Following are the uses
1. 2/3 blogs overall. May be low volume couple of static sites as needed
2. one wordpress photo blog
3. one wordpress technology blog
4. one personal blog..not immediately
5. plan to run plesk (could not find any other value for money alternative)
6. plan to enable ssl on both. (plan to buy alpha or Comodo)
7. Some nodejs experiments, once a while. (I prefer to do that in cloud, but in case I need to experiment)

Needs
1. Prefer yearly plans (paypal)
2. currently out of my 1GB intovps, I am using 400+ MB on the photoblog. (pure raw..Yet to optimise). Very happy with them. But with Indian Rupee vs dollar going all around, combined with personal situation, budget hitting badly.
3. KVM would be great.
4. Budget: 80USD Annually..used to be 100..but bad forex :( ..if its really good deal, Can think of stretching)
5. DDOS basics in place..atleast null routing, if not a costly equipment
6. EU prefered,as latency is good from india.
7. backup is definitely a plus.

Wont be using it for following
No Mail (would be using google/Live.com)
No Bind (would be using rage4 or HE.net)
No Games (what is minecraft? :P )
No IRC, teamspeak etc

Suggestions and good offers welcome.

Comments

• Hi,

We can do 2GB KVM 100GB HD + Unmetered Incoming / 1TB outbound in germany for $80 yearly

PM For tets IP's :)

Bradley

• @jack, thanks for reply. Wont happen today, atleast a couple of days.
    Quick questions ipv6? backup? Which DC?

• @BradND.. thanx. PM sent

• recommendations: @Jack for KVM in the UK and @Iniz OpenVZ.io for big RAM OpenVZ in the Netherlands and Iniz.com for SSD and SSD cached OpenVZ in the Netherlands (check the offers section at WHT for OpenVZ.io/Iniz offers)

edit: not EU, but ultra low latency to India :P : LeapSwitch KVM. DC in Pune, offers on LEB/WHT.

Thanked by 2Patrick nagug
  • dannixdannix Member
    edited August 2013

@ska:
    edit: deleted, posted in wrong topic.

• @jack...backup space should be good enough. as far as its in a different node/location.

• skaska Member

@dannix said:
    spreadsheet, dns and nagios on work for me.

How does that help the OP with his search for a VPS? :-)

Thanked by 1nagug
  • @DomainBop appreciate the inputs. already have openvz with @Iniz..managing for a friend. so far great.
    Leapswitch download speeds were not satisfactory, though great ping times. Also India ISP censorship policy is one i want to get as far as possible.

• @nagug said:
    DomainBop appreciate the inputs. already have openvz with Iniz..managing for a friend. so far great.
    Leapswitch download speeds were not satisfactory, though great ping times. Also India ISP censorship policy is one i want to get as far as possible.

If you need another OVZ and want to save some money without going for KVM. Feel free to PM me or open ticket with exact requirements and we can do something for you :-)

• @Iniz.. noted. My only worry with openvz is the possibility of "over" overselling. will PM you.

@jack, Do you resell SSL or control panel or anything.

@BradND, got your PM on test IPs. replied.

In a way, i am looking for consolidating all my VPS. One good provider, whom i want to stick with for long time.

• @jack, understood. Would PM you soon

• I can get you one in France instant setup http://sonwebhost.com/semivps.html

• @sonwebhost You have KVM?

• Ignore sonwebhost. He is a troll. Take a look at lovevps. You won't go wrong with @lv_matt

Thanked by 1nagug
  • No KVM yet looking to get a new node for KVM soon thanks for the reply

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited August 2013

@nagug, I don't normally make offers on threads like these but since @seriesn tagged me in here, I thought I would.

I can offer you a 768MB KVM VPS in the UK annually for $85 USD per year. We are one of the most stable UK providers on here, with a proven track record.

• 768MB RAM
    • 25GB RAID 10 HDD
    • 1TB Bandwidth
    • 1 Dedicated IP
    • $85/ per year.

Our servers are located inside the Custodian DC (http://www.custodiandc.com/), which is ISO 27001 certified. Feel free to take a look at the:

Let me know if you want to order this via PM or my email [email protected]. I know we aren't going to be the cheapest, but we are going to be one of the best.

• thank @seriesn ..thanks for referring

@LV_Matt ...Already said, I may stretch my budget for good offers. Looking for a stable provider. whom I can trust (and who trusts me) and hold on for longer period. bundled with SSL/plesk would be great. but not mandatory. Would look into lovevps. btw site looks love-ly :)

I am not looking at OVH hosted ones. Have burnt my fingers on their below par support. End of the day, if they dont provide timely support, my host suffers and I suffer. Sorry for being blunt there. But I have had bad experiences and avoid them as much as possible.

• @nagug said:
    thank seriesn ..thanks for referring

LV_Matt ...Already said, I may stretch my budget for good offers. Looking for a stable provider. whom I can trust (and who trusts me) and hold on for longer period. bundled with SSL/plesk would be great. but not mandatory. Would look into lovevps. btw site looks love-ly :)

I am not a fan of our site, but each to our own. I have sent you a PM anyway, with more details.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@nagug said:
    DomainBop appreciate the inputs. already have openvz with Iniz..managing for a friend. so far great.

Nagug, are you the guy I spoke with on Facebook ? I hope I have answered your download speed question.

@others, if Nagug is who I think he is, the test was done via Speedtest.net with another pune based DC which is/was having network issues at the time of the test.

• @leapswitch ..no i did not connect with you folks on facebook.

@nagug said:
    leapswitch ..no i did not connect with you folks on facebook.

Ohh. How did you check our download speeds ? Do you have a VPS with us ?

We can provide a 24 hour trial so that you can check actual speeds throughout the day.

Ishan

• From your Test IPs. Infact, I liked you guys. hence tested the download speeds and latency.

I have a System in Tata comms, Pune DC. Was expecting the same download speed as that. for some reason, download was too slow.

If it would help, I can try wget from my system in the DC and PM you the results.

Test details...
    from Airtel connection - Bangalore. Test Date;19/Aug around 9pm IST.

http://lowendbox.com/blog/leapswitch-7month-1gb-ram-openvz-vps-in-india-kvm-inside-too/

is where i took the IP and download file.

Nagug,
    We are using the same TATA bandwidth that you do. There was an issue with Airtel <> TATA on the same day as another user (from our facebook page) was getting 0.5 mbps speeds.

Can you provide a wget from your server ? Users are getting nearly 100 mbps in Italy, so within India you should get the same.

Or you can take a trial VPS with us and try both upload and download for yourself :)