Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bug with solusvm bandwith counting .
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bug with solusvm bandwith counting .

We have one KVM server ,but I found there is some issue with the bandwidth.
When we type ifconfig ,I found one of vps using 3TB bandwith ,but solusvm showing there only used 183GB.
The bandwidth monitor of server showing it used 6.47TB, but solusvm only showing it used 604GB.
What happen with solusvm ?

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

SolusVM ticket number?

This is a well known issue and has been present for years, it always favours the customer significantly, another little doozy is ensuring you have ip6tables running or it wont count the ipv6 bandwidth either (also enable ipv6 counting solusvm)

• Ticket number:#NAP-099535
    We had enable ipv6 counting . I don't think it's ipv6 cause this. I had monitor the vps via iftop , it's show IPv4 cause this issue.

@AnthonySmith said:
    SolusVM ticket number?

This is a well known issue and has been present for years, it always favours the customer significantly, another little doozy is ensuring you have ip6tables running or it wont count the ipv6 bandwidth either (also enable ipv6 counting solusvm)

• c0yc0y Member
    edited August 2013

If you look at the numbers in ifconfig, then what is the uptime of that VM?

Isn't it being reset every month?

• This is new server ,only 15 days ,it still not reset. So the usage of bandwidth is match to Server Bandwidth.

@Frost said:
    If you look at the numbers in ifconfig, then what is the uptime of that VM?

Isn't it being reset every month?

• PcJamesyPcJamesy Member
    edited August 2013

I managed to use 12 TB in a week on a vps ( I was trying to use all bandwidth to test how the host would handle overage) and it only registered as using around 250 GB. The vps was caped at 2 TB of bandwidth. The host was also using solusVM

• user123user123 Member
    edited August 2013

@PcJamesy said:
    I managed to use 12 TB in a week on a vps ( I was trying to use all bandwidth to test how the host would handle overage) and it only registered as using around 250 GB. The vps was caped at 2 TB of bandwidth. The host was also using solusVM

That's a lot of 1080p pr0n.

Thanked by 1jake