Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows VPS

Can you recommend any provider offering VPS with windows license?
Also, need MS SQL Licence.

Location US/EU

Comments

• @Francisco do you do MSSQL?

Thanked by 1Dumbledore
  • PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

Express is free unless you need something else.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sql-server/sql-server-2017-editions

Thanked by 1Dumbledore
  • PhotonVPS said: Express is free unless you need something else.

I guess Express edition will do. Can you PM me test IP for your London and Amsterdam Location ?.

• Can anyone offer Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition ?.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

@Dumbledore said:
    Can anyone offer Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition ?.

SPLA license prevents using old versions of software for new deployments.

• Clouvider said: SPLA license prevents using old versions of software for new deployments.

I see. So what are my options? A client needs Standard edition. It would be best if you could offer something.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

@Dumbledore said:

Clouvider said: SPLA license prevents using old versions of software for new deployments.

I see. So what are my options? A client needs Standard edition. It would be best if you could offer something.

SPLA pricing is around £140 per physical core in the machine, not in the VM. In our case we're looking at 20 cores.

Does the Customer have a budget for that ?

Cheapest option would be an i3 dedicated server with 2 cores, but that's about £300 MRC, before VAT in license cost alone. You need Windows on top of that. And a server.

• Clouvider said: SPLA pricing is around £140 per physical core in the machine,

Oh, I didn't know how their licensing works. I was hoping it would be around $50 MRC on top of the server bill.