Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions for Chicago/MidEast KVM VPS? (Good network + >1GB~ RAM)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggestions for Chicago/MidEast KVM VPS? (Good network + >1GB~ RAM)

Looking for a KVM VPS in MidEast US (Chicago preferred).

Looking for (in order of priority):

Fast network/ports!!! It's not a big deal for others but I've had slow networks with great specs and it bottlenecks everything. It will host game servers.

Decent RAM for pricing. Not looking to spend more than $7/mo, possibly $10 tops. Need at least 1GB of RAM and 2 is preferable. If there's more I can pay more, assuming port speeds are proportionally faster.

CPU - Preferred Intel Xeon E3, higher clock speeds are better imo.

Thanks! Feel free to send me a message with a custom deal if needed.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

I would get a KVM in the Middle East. Oh you mean the US. Nevermind then.

• I believe @ErrantWeb had a Chicago KVM offer.

• We offer Chicago KVM at https://www.lunanode.com/whmcs/cart.php?gid=1 (1 GB would be $7/mo). We host with SingleHop in their Chicago datacenter, network is solid there.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@LunaNode said:
    We offer Chicago KVM at https://www.lunanode.com/whmcs/cart.php?gid=1 (1 GB would be $7/mo). We host with SingleHop in their Chicago datacenter, network is solid there.

Welcome to the forum...

Thanked by 1zfedora
  • IshaqIshaq Member
    edited August 2013

@LunaNode

You're offering 5 IPv4 with the 512MB plan for $3.75?

• @Ishaq said:
    LunaNode

You're offering 5 IPv4 with the 512MB plan for $3.75?

Yes. You can upgrade to 13 IPv4 for an additional $5.00/mo.

• @LunaNode

And how does that work? no one offers 5 IPv4 without a catch, that's technically impossible unless it's a temporary special offer?

• LunaNodeLunaNode Member
    edited August 2013

@Ishaq said:
    And how does that work? no one offers 5 IPv4 without a catch, that's technically impossible unless it's a temporary special offer?

Yes, there is a catch, you have to pay $8.50/mo if you want 13 IPv4. But 5 IPv4 comes with the VPS. If you need one IPv4, we can do that too. Probably in the future the 5 IPv4 will be by request (free).

Also http://lowendbox.com/blog/serverhub-6-99-month-2048mb-ram-5-ipv4-openvz-vps-in-phoenix-dallas/

Edit: sorry, I meant an additional $5.00/mo for 13 IPv4. Updated above accordingly.

• @LunaNode

That's not a catch, that's if customers want more.. I'm talking about 5 IPv4 for only $3.75. And yes I know about ServerHub.. their parent company owns over 100k IPs I believe?

edited August 2013

@Jack said:
    Can someone smell that too? DEAD

Um? Well, contact [email protected] for a free one-day trial and mention you're @Jack from LET.

• @LunaNode How old is your business?
    Just started a couple of hours ago?
    Creation date: 17 Aug 2013 03:20:00

edited August 2013

@MorningIris said:
    LunaNode How old is your business?
    Just started a couple of hours ago?
    Creation date: 17 Aug 2013 03:20:00

Not exactly. Luna Node is a new VPS line we started for the low end market. We have been selling higher memory virtual private servers privately before, although this is our first public VPS offering.

• xsetxset Member

@lunanode can I get a test kvm plan please?

edited August 2013

@xset said:
    lunanode can I get a test kvm plan please?

Possibly. Please email [email protected]. Only 512 MB VPS though.

• mawrmawr Member

@Ishaq said:
    I believe ErrantWeb had a Chicago KVM offer.

Thanks, could I have a link though? Only found a 512MB plan that's KVM, rest OVZ.

@LunaNode said:
    We offer Chicago KVM at https://www.lunanode.com/whmcs/cart.php?gid=1 (1 GB would be $7/mo). We host with SingleHop in their Chicago datacenter, network is solid there.

Thanks, though I've never heard of you. Could I get a bench speedtest (freevps?)? You can message it to me.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

@Nick_A said:
    Welcome to the forum...

Well this LunaNode guy shares an IP with perennate, so not really new to this forum at all.

Thanked by 1ska
  • xsetxset Member

@Infinity said:
    Well this LunaNode guy shares an IP with perennate, so not really new to this forum at all.

Are you saying Perennate == LunaNode? Can you check other info? UserAgent?

edited August 2013

@xset said:
    Are you saying Perennate == LunaNode? Can you check other info? UserAgent?

We can be pretty sure it's the same person, the IP is a VPN with rDNS pointing to a domain I know is perennate's.

That is unless he 'lent' his VPN or w/e.

• xsetxset Member

@infinity so is this a scam?

@xset said:
    infinity so is this a scam?

I have no idea, and frankly am not bothered to look any more into it atm. I am curious why he opened a new account for his company and why he can't do it on his primary account if indeed they are the same person. Personally I wouldn't trust LunaNode for various reasons; no TOS, empty website, domain registered like today, etc, etc...

• xsetxset Member

@lunanode Why is your website empty? Where are the TOS?

• hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep

@xset said:
    lunanode Why is your website empty? Where are the TOS?

As Jack previously said before, we only started thinking about getting into the low end vps hosting market about two days ago, and so, the domain, website, and its related contents would all be new and will take time to populate with the correct information.

The TOS section of the site will be up later today.

Our refund policy:

100% refund for requests made within 5 days after the service activation date. So it would not hurt to give us a try, and if we don't offer what we promised, then request for cancellation and a full refund within 5 days.

Also on the side of credibility, here are some of the hosting that we do for our clients.
    inventory.nri-isd.com - high availability private cloud
    memecreator.org - high traffic.
    dotacash.com - game hosting, heavy database usage (28GB size db )

we also have been providing other services, like teamspeak 3, minecraft hosting, etc. Most of these are by referral and so we have remained private thus far.

• mawrmawr Member

Thanks for the posts (and irrelevant ones to) but any other suggestions on Chicago KVM/XEN VPSes? Biggest emphasis on 1GB+ RAM, 2GB preferred, and FAST NETWORK!

lunanode now has 1GB SSD KVM vps for just $7 / month, 2gb is just $14.
    https://www.lunanode.com/whmcs/cart.php?gid=2

• I can offer you a KVM VPS with 1GB RAM for $7 with a 1Gbps port located in Buffalo, New York. Guaranteed speeds of over 200Mbps Upload & Download. https://secure.hardcloud.net/contact.php

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited September 2013

@Jack said:
    Can someone smell that too? DEAD
    Smiley face

And you accuse me of trying to harm providers! Is he a one man show like you too?