Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blesta V3 vs WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blesta V3 vs WHMCS

Hi guys,

I hope you have seen the new blesta, Do you like it ?
What are the advantages and disadvantages over WHMCS.

Thanks

Comments

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@darknessends Stable version of Blesta is released?

• itgodsitgods Member
    edited August 2013

@DewlanceVPS said:
    darknessends Stable version of Blesta is released?

"Blesta v3 final will be released on August 14th."

• Blesta v3 will hopefully be viable..a few months from now. They kinda half-assed the release just to get it out the door.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I can't feel it, just feels to empty/

• Blesta is horrible performance wise.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@darknessends what is your opinion, I have only used one of them so I would like your opinion? or is this yet another 1 line thread you start asking for answers while contributing nothing and never returning to update the thread?

• Here I am updating the thread @AnthonySmith - brother.
    I have used both of them, other than the order page I found blesta more good. With the V3 out which I am about to use in few days I would like you guys to try the trial and see if it is good enough against WHMCS. I have not compared them deep enough.

• ztecztec Member

Well I can't use sisow - iDeal with blesta so that pretty much avoids me from using them.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Interesting, is there good third party module support and API documentation?

• Yes, check out their website, supports solus built in.

• jhjh Member

Can someone screenshot me the cPanel integration?

• SonwebhostSonwebhost Member
    edited August 2013

I will try it one of the areas that I hope it can out perform whmcs is that in the payable, most of the time your not too sure of your cost to do business with whms if you pay bills there is no way to run a budget inside of whmcs and I like the milt company feature....

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

@Sonwebhost said:
    I will try it one of the areas that I hope it can out perform whmcs is that in the payable, most of the time your not too sure of your cost to do business with whms if you pay bills there is no way to run a budget inside of whmcs and I like the milt company feature....

nopls.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited August 2013

@Sonwebhost said:

I'm not sure whether I should run Google translate on this.

• VicVic Member

So blesta was overhyped after all? Who has switched?

• ctalkingtonctalkington Member
    edited August 2013

Blesta definitely has a bit of ways to go. I personally wanted to jump the HostBill ship due to the ever changing prices and update policies now. I'm also not sure how much longer my $80/yr will hold up. Poor business planning on HB end.

Back to Blesta.. It does still lack compared to modern day billing systems. I personally think v3 took way to long to come out and it made them a few years behind the curve. I did buy the license but most likely will wait and see what 3.1 or 3.2 holds. I did love the fact the code was open and even started scaffolding some custom modules but decided it wasn't worth it at this point in time (time wise). As a sidenote, i wish they would of went with Smarty for templates as their current solution has so much PHP in HTML its redic.

• You can use either smarty, or php. If smarty, just rename things to .tpl, or if you want to use php, .php.

Like I said though, v3 feels rushed out the door, things don't work properly, the order forms are stupid, there's no backend management for administrators (ip management is the big one here) etc.

It just wasn't ready for release, because it's barely even usable.

• ModulesGardenModulesGarden Member
    edited August 2013

@AnthonySmith said:
    Interesting, is there good third party module support and API documentation?

Yes and still developing. Blesta is open for third party modules and very friendly to their creators. We are finishing work on module cPanel Extended For Blesta which should be released within no longer than 2 weeks.