Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 5-10 testers for upcoming new webhosting plans :)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 5-10 testers for upcoming new webhosting plans :)

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited October 2017 in General

So within the next few weeks I want to test a few new webhosting setups and will probably need some volunteers who are interested in testing these. The only requirements I have are an identity verification, a "dont be a dick"-agreement, demand that you acctually make use of the webspace and that you are willing to provide feedback (perhaps even monitoring results which I can then compare with my own) :)

Depending on which testing phase/setup you will be assigned for you will be looking at 6 months of free service as I plan to do a thorough testing before any of these setups acctually go live. I will be honest beforehand on which solutions I have in mind so here goes:
The setups will be 1) cPanel Hosting powered by RamNodes new Reseller plans, 2) VestaCP Hosting powered by Contabo (yes I do know about their reputation, and yes I have tested them myself for a bit and want to test them in the long run now), 3) VestaCP powered by Netcup and 4) cPanel Hosting powered by @Clouvider Dedicated.

As of the nature of my business it is highely likely that in the end the plans will only cater to German customers (as is my business policy as of September) but for testing purposes really any volunteers are fine and will get the opportunity to stay if the respective setup makes it acctually through the testing phase (to the extent that I will offer it). Not all setups will be launched at ones, and I do plan to launch them in the given order which btw does not imply that @Clouvider is the worst solution to consider but rather if everything else let's me down this will be where I go and be certain things work as expected if not better (props to le Dom!).
Not all setups are intended to be launched in the same price category anyway so don't expect managed clients and unmanaged clients will get on the same server(s) and/or setups.

Kindly let me know if you are interested and let me know what project you are going to host on there (please also no adult content, file sharing website... remember? Dont be a dick :P).

That's all for today!

Cheers!

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Hi,

I can strongly recommend leaving Contabo. While they may seem decent in a low insensitivity environment, as soon as you start using in production, you will realize the services are highly oversold and as soon as you receive any sort of DDoS attack, they will null-route you with no warning. If you look at their prices, it is evident that they can't provide any sort of stability of quality. I used them for well over a year and once discovering this, I left very quickly.

Besides from that, I'd be happy to test out your hosting platform. As someone who has used a variety of different hosts in regards to both web and VPS, I know what to expect from a provider and can give feedback. I'd probably just test out a few small projects I've been working on such as a simple developer community chat written in JS.

Regards,

Eddie

Thanked by 2Ympker ehab
  • @eddiejibson said:
    Hi,

I can strongly recommend leaving Contabo. While they may seem decent in a low insensitivity environment, as soon as you start using in production, you will realize the services are highly oversold and as soon as you receive any sort of DDoS attack, they will null-route you with no warning. If you look at their prices, it is evident that they can't provide any sort of stability of quality. I used them for well over a year and once discovering this, I left very quickly.

Besides from that, I'd be happy to test out your hosting platform. As someone who has used a variety of different hosts in regards to both web and VPS, I know what to expect from a provider and can give feedback. I'd probably just test out a few small projects I've been working on such as a simple developer community chat written in JS.

Regards,

Eddie

Hey Eddie,
    Thanks for the input :) I'm very well aware of what Contabo seems to be hence the need for a thorough testing over several months :P Seems like a cool project! Wrote you down :)

• Good luck with your project!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I'd like to help out.
    Project #2 seems interesting.
    For: hosting 2 personal websites

• @cpsd said:
    Good luck with your project!

Much appreciated :)

@AlexJones said:
    I'd like to help out.
    Project #2 seems interesting.
    For: hosting 2 personal websites

Will keep you in mind!

• Hey,

I wouldn't mind helping out with the project. Would just be to host some personal websites.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited October 2017

im intrested. sending an pm.
    will be great to test my small things (recent developed templates ready to be tested online) on your network/setup.

• hey, Id like to join if possible :) thanks!

• ehabehab Member
    edited October 2017

mr_vps ^ not with that avatar, uuu wont