Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installing windows server 2012 on linux VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Installing windows server 2012 on linux VPS

Hi everyone,
Can anyone explain me step-by-step on How to install winserver 2012 on alibaba cloud vps(which is ubuntu)?
All I need is the IIS & networking services of winserver2012 os working. Nothing else.

I was inspired by this post :
https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/112860/howto-install-windows-on-your-ovh-vps

Comments

• tm9tm9 Member

I could have used OVH but The reason i choose Alibaba :
    more disk space, cheaper & a very reliable provider

• I can share Win2008 images on Alibabacloud if you need it

Thanked by 1tm9
  • tm9tm9 Member
    edited October 2017

@tamicrealo said:
    I can share Win2008 images on Alibabacloud if you need it

Please check your inbox

• tm9 said: I could have used OVH but The reason i choose Alibaba : more disk space, cheaper & a very reliable provider

I took a look in the alibaba cloud prices.
    It is $4.5 to 1 Gb ram and 40 Gb SSD.
    The OVH costs $ 3.49 to 2Gb and 10 Gb SSD hd.

The good think I could see was: you could use a coupon to start paying nothing.

• tm9tm9 Member

@DragonDF said:

tm9 said: I could have used OVH but The reason i choose Alibaba : more disk space, cheaper & a very reliable provider

You are right but 10gig space serves no purpose. Its equal to offering nothing. I just started testing google-cloud-platform & installed server 2012 core(the minimal version), & it took 13+gig space. BTW, mind me showing where/how can i get a coupon?

• @tm9 said:

@DragonDF said:

tm9 said: I could have used OVH but The reason i choose Alibaba : more disk space, cheaper & a very reliable provider

You are right but 10gig space serves no purpose. Its equal to offering nothing. I just started testing google-cloud-platform & installed server 2012 core(the minimal version), & it took 13+gig space. BTW, mind me showing where/how can i get a coupon?

When you are inside Alibaba cloud website the first thing you can see is a $300 coupon if you are a new client. But it will work for a short period (if I am not wrong, 30 days). After that you will need to pay.

In other hand I am looking a few promotions in Low End Box .com .

for example:
    https://lowendbox.com/blog/hostigger-vps-exclusive-offer-2gb-chicago-vps-starting-at-2-99month/

Plan -1
    – 2GB Ram Memory
    – 1x vCPU
    – 20GB SSD Space
    – 2TB transfer
    – 1Gbps uplink
    – 1x IPv4
    – VMware
    – $2.99/month
    – $35.88/year
    – CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Windows Operating Systems

Using VmWare + Windows for $ 2.99/month. Less than OVH or Alibaba.

I had VmWare in my machine and it worked fine.