Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

256MB - UK Preferred - £1/m - £3/q?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

256MB - UK Preferred - £1/m - £3/q?

unknownbulletunknownbullet Member
edited October 2017 in Requests

Afternoon,

Looking to see if anyone is offering a cheap and small VPS in the UK for £1 a month, payed monthly.

256MB RAM
1 IPv4
10GB HDD

It will be purely to host a small teamspeak, after relocating a few of my servers i still have a client who requires a teamspeak in the UK.

Thanks

Comments

• At £1/month paid monthly, how much do you think is left for the provider after fees?

• @Nekki said:
    At £1/month paid monthly, how much do you think is left for the provider after fees?

Not a whole lot i know that but have seen offers in the past with these specs so wanted to see if anyone was still offering them.

E.g https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/54315/serversnv-uk-ovz-kvm-vps-from-1-month

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

I don’t think for UK budget is right as normally the dedicated servers cost more in UK

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited October 2017

Despite you saying paid monthly if paid yearly its possible, but with half the disk but NVMe

Plan: VMH-256MB
      1x CPU Core E3-1270v6 (Shared)
      256MB DDR4 RAM
      5GB NVMe Disk Space
      1TB Bandwidth
      1Gbps Port
      Anti DDoS Included
      1x IPv4
      1x IPv6
      1 x Automated Backup Slot (Daily)
      Bonsai Control Panel
    Price: $15 / Year 
    Signup: https://bonsai.vmhaus.com/signup
    Signup and top-up $15 to deploy yearly instance.

Monthly is hard due to the fees for ourselves. Others may be able to deliver.

• bersybersy Member
    edited October 2017

After ArubaCloud got rid of their €1/m UK VM it's unlikely to be possible to find a similar monthly payment option, not a reliable one at least.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Link you posted is over a year old and serversnv is now under the ownership of @AnthonySmith

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=177

€5 for 6 months or €8.00 p/year

1 vCPU Cores (E5v4)
    256 MB Ram (DDR4)
    256 MB vSWAP
    10GB Disk (HW Raid 10 SAS + raid 1 SSD front end cache/cachecade) 
    500 GB Bandwidth (DDOS Protected - Clouvider DC)
    1 x IPv4
    1 x /64 IPv6 Subnet

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited October 2017

@AnthonySmith

Way to go. You posted your admin URL.

Did you mean: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=177

• WSSWSS Member

I just so haxx0red the spew.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2017

@bersy said:
    After ArubaCloud got rid of their €1/m UK VM it's unlikely to be possible to find a similar monthly payment option, not a reliable one at least.

They kept the price for people who had it. I am one of them. Incidentally, i use to lower ping from us and also host a TS :P

Thanked by 1bersy
  • More than happy to help you. Let's not forget the first 3 months are free. Oh there's a £30 setup fee and monthly idiocracy fee of £200 for my staff to deal with you. To help counteract that, after the first year, I will knock the monthly idiocracy fee down to £199, to help pay for your £1 rental fee.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member

@cheapwebdev said:
    More than happy to help you.

What's your twatter feed? I can't wait to share!

• @WSS said:

@cheapwebdev said:
    More than happy to help you.

What's your twatter feed? I can't wait to share!

One does not need a twatter feed when the world is their twatterzone.

• WSSWSS Member

@cheapwebdev said:
    One does not need a twatter feed when the world is their twatterzone.

Needs a Meesa or two..

• Thanks for all the replies so far.

I completely understand the PayPal fees and in the case no one is able to offer the monthly figure i could do quarterly if that makes it easier.

After speaking to the client, although he would prefer UK location he could settle with north France.. Roubaix etc he wouldn't mind too much., which i think should make things a bit easier hopefully.

I luckily do have a couple of the UK 1 euro deals which i am holding onto like its my baby, sadly they are already at full capacity at this time.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

Changing the location doesn’t suddenly make PayPal fees go away.

You’ll need to settle for the annual payment and you’ll still have very limited options.

Thanked by 2Ympker ucxo
  • Only chance to skip on the fees would be to meet up with a local Host every month and bring them a dollar each month. And even IF THAT WOULD BE POSSIBLE wouldn't you agree that you could spend your valueable time much better than that and settle on a yearly/semianual offer?

• ucxoucxo Member
    edited October 2017

There's also OnePoundWebhosting.co.uk, with their 12£/yr special at xen-servers.com.

At that price point, you shouldn't fuss about the payment period -- even if they were to vanish after half a year (probably won't, I've been with them since 2013), you would have lost 6£. Bfd…

Edit: specs:

LEB-128-Yearly

1 (CPU Cores)
    15GB (Disk)
    200GB (Bandwidth)
    128MB (RAM)
    256MB (Swap Disk)
    1xIPv4 & /64 IPv6 Subnet

Sorry, got confused… The 256 MB package normally costs 2£/month, I just happened to get a free upgrade after a while…

• @unknownbullet said:
    Thanks for all the replies so far.

I completely understand the PayPal fees and in the case no one is able to offer the monthly figure i could do quarterly if that makes it easier.

After speaking to the client, although he would prefer UK location he could settle with north France.. Roubaix etc he wouldn't mind too much., which i think should make things a bit easier hopefully.

You mean after talking to myself? You expect us to believe that you are representing a client that is only willing to spend £1 a month for hosting?

Think how ridiculous that sounds "After speaking to the client", a client that you are doing work for and is telling you to look for a £1/m hosting on LET. That raises the question, how much is he paying you, and what kind of work are you doing?

Are you getting paid 25 pence an hour to do work for him? Because if you are going back and forth on a £1/m budget for hosting for "a client", then that lead us to believe you are dealing with a client that has a budget of £5 per project, in where you are getting like £4 and he is paying £1 for hosting expenses.

Thanked by 1sibaper

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@unknownbullet said:

You mean after talking to myself? You expect us to believe that you are representing a client that is only willing to spend £1 a month for hosting?

Think how ridiculous that sounds "After speaking to the client", a client that you are doing work for and is telling you to look for a £1/m hosting on LET. That raises the question, how much is he paying you, and what kind of work are you doing?

Are you getting paid 25 pence an hour to do work for him? Because if you are going back and forth on a £1/m budget for hosting for "a client", then that lead us to believe you are dealing with a client that has a budget of £5 per project, in where you are getting like £4 and he is paying £1 for hosting expenses.

Oh, no.
    The client will pay£100/month. It is all about the profit.

• @Ympker said:
    Only chance to skip on the fees would be to meet up with a local Host every month and bring them a dollar each month. And even IF THAT WOULD BE POSSIBLE wouldn't you agree that you could spend your valueable time much better than that and settle on a yearly/semianual offer?> @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@unknownbullet said:

You clearly didn't read the original post then.

I used to have a dedicated box in the UK where i hosted my client a game server and a teamspeak server, after i have removed the UK dedicated box from my server array i asked my client, yes i have several of them, if he still required a TS to be hosted in the UK, he said yes which brings me to the reasoning behind the whole point of this request thread.

After speaking to the client, yes believe it or not the client, if he def wanted it into the UK he has said northern france, like where his game server is now hosted, will be fine.

I am not asking the client to pay any more or less for the services i host him, so i will have to fork out of pocket for the further expense for any new VPS where before it was all hosted under one server.

So yes out of the mere £5 i get a month from hosting his services i am on a budget.

Please get off your stumpy high horse.

• @unknownbullet said:

@Ympker said:
    Only chance to skip on the fees would be to meet up with a local Host every month and bring them a dollar each month. And even IF THAT WOULD BE POSSIBLE wouldn't you agree that you could spend your valueable time much better than that and settle on a yearly/semianual offer?> @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@unknownbullet said:

I used to have a dedicated box in the UK where i hosted my client a game server and a teamspeak server, after i have removed the UK dedicated box from my server array i asked my client, yes i have several of them, if he still required a TS to be hosted in the UK, he said yes which brings me to the reasoning behind the whole point of this request thread.

After speaking to the client, yes believe it or not the client, if he def wanted it into the UK he has said northern france, like where his game server is now hosted, will be fine.

I am not asking the client to pay any more or less for the services i host him, so i will have to fork out of pocket for the further expense for any new VPS where before it was all hosted under one server.

So yes out of the mere £5 i get a month from hosting his services i am on a budget.

Why are you paying for this yourself for the sake of £5? Tell him he has to go elsewhere.

Mental.

• unknownbulletunknownbullet Member
    edited October 2017

@Nekki said:

@unknownbullet said:

@Ympker said:

@unknownbullet said:

Why are you paying for this yourself for the sake of £5? Tell him he has to go elsewhere.

Mental.

Kind of accumulated these sort of sales when building my gaming community over the last few years. They help pay the cost ever so slightly i guess.

Some would say its good customer service.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2017

Best we can do is our £3 /year offer.

Latest Offers

You requested price will be really hard to find I think.

• @CloudxtnyHost

Why do you guys charge to enable TAP anyway? It's a f*ing kernel module, which is enabled in a single command: vzctl set 101 --devnodes net/tun:rw --capability net_admin:on --save.

Worse, you have SolusVM, and charge £1.25 per month to keep it enabled.

This point is also valid for your 1GB plan -- it also charges £1.50/month AND a £1.00 setup fee.

Sheesh.

Thanked by 1sibaper
  • @CloudxtnyHost said:
    Best we can do is our £3 /year offer.

Latest Offers

You requested price will be really hard to find I think.

Hard to find you said? Yet you still offered a lot cheaper :)

Get a LES!

Only 128mb in the UK bit I have 256mb in Germany. Close to France.

• @unknownbullet said:
    It will be purely to host a small teamspeak,

If all you need is to run TS, then you do not need IPv4. NAT with a few ports forwarded should be enough. Anyway, it is not wise to run TS on default ports, so you should move it somewhere else (the same holds true for ssh)...

• Out of stock:( Would it be restocked?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

layfon said: Out of stock:( Would it be restocked?

In November.