Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS.me free VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS.me free VPS?

Hi folks,

I just found this provider VPS.me and I checked their website and then I saw this:

I've already checked LET about this provider and found a thead about some ridiculous offers. But obviously this is free. Does anyone already used this free offer? I'm a bit uncertain.

Thanks

Comments

• It is free, what could happen? :P

• Blabla you have used 11GB bandwidth now you have to pay 1243891487243098734578912349€ :D I expect something like that.

• Ah thought that might be a limitation. But I can use tunneling^^

• Just ordered one, testing purposes^^

• It seems to be free at certain locations only

• "Only Premium VPS services are available in your country. Please choose paid VPS plan."

Hmmph.

• Haha. :)

• @joelgm said:
    "Only Premium VPS services are available in your country. Please choose paid VPS plan."

Hmmph.

Where are you from? Germany works great. Server is up.

• @trexos said:
    Where are you from? Germany works great. Server is up.

India

• My VPS works great and it's even possible to connect via IPv4 (at least for SSH).

• They want a text message confirmation and I never got one from them :/

• @black said:
    They want a text message confirmation and I never got one from them :/

Maybe you could resend it. For me it worked great, I used my mobile for that. btw you can change your number 1 time.

• Yep, I tried to change it and it still didn't work. Maybe it's because of google voice.

• udkudk Member

works great here, nice custom panel too

• @udk, the same udK from XDA?

• I made another account and gave them my tmobile number, still no text message. Oh well.

• @joelgm said:

They dont give free VPS to users in India. I asked a staff named arnold F on live chat.This offer is for country like USA etc.

• I have t-mobile us, and I am still waiting for my activation code from vps.me... is it a problem for others to receive the sms to get the free VPS?

• Well, I had a vps with them once, if you don't login every 24 hours, your vps gets deleted, also sometimes they still get deleted, even if you did login every 24 hours, that's what happened to me.

• Russian Federation area allowed to register for free VPS offer. However, verification SMS haven't come to my phone, so I am not sure whether the location is allowed, actually.

• @tr1cky said:
    Well, I had a vps with them once, if you don't login every 24 hours, your vps gets deleted, also sometimes they still get deleted, even if you did login every 24 hours, that's what happened to me.

Every 24 hours? Isn't required to log into vps in 24hours after registration and then once every month?

Our goal is to provide free VPS for everyone who uses it actively, so you should login to your server or to our control panel at least every 30 days.

• @trexos I saw it, day or two ago. There is no Macedonia on their list of countries, so i cannot try their services.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I used it, you have to login as root every 12 hours or you are terminated,.

• How do they know? It should be relatively easy to run some ssh autologin script with crontab from other vps to log into this vps every x hours.

• MatiMati Member
    edited August 2013

@AlexanderM said:
    I used it, you have to login as root every 12 hours or you are terminated,.

this is crazy if its true.

I got SMS confirmation but still see "Failed Setup" - "Reason
    Phone number must be confirmed before this order can be activated".

• @Mati said:
    Phone number must be confirmed before this order can be activated".

I got the same, and you can't open a ticket so I guess nothing can be done?

• You can email them at [email protected] ... not sure if they will answer it though

• @klpowell said:
    You can email them at [email protected] ... not sure if they will answer it though

Just done that so will see. But people saying they delete vps if not log in 24 hours if really off-putting.