Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3 - 32/64GB - 2TB SSD/NVME
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

E3 - 32/64GB - 2TB SSD/NVME

vovlervovler Member
edited October 2017 in Requests

I know beating OVH prices is not an easy task. But in case anyone has a better deal with similar specs. IMU.

OVH's SP-64

Intel Xeon E3-1270v6 - 4/8t - 3.5 GHz/3.9 GHz (or something similar)

64GB DDR4 ECC 2400 MHz (This can be lowered to 32GB)

2*1.2TB SSD NVME (This can be an Enterprise SSD)

$151.99

Comments

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited October 2017

Hello, i can offer you the following server

Supermicro - E3-1275v5 - 32GB DDR4 - 2x1TB SSD - 50TB Traffic - 1Gbps uplink - Location Amsterdam - for €150 each month

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

"Any chance you can price match this company that has picked up almost 1.5B in free money? Thanks."

Francisco

Thanked by 2Aluminat WSWD
  • You could pick up a hetzner ex41s-ssd with a flexi pack and two normal 960gb ssds for about 130 euro pre-tax. However, I'm not sure the ex41s-ssd takes additional disks, so you might wanna shoot their support a message.

If you want 2TB ssd space on a budget, you could get the ex41-ssd (comes with 32gb ram and 2x500gb ssd) and buy two additional 500gb ssds, for a total of about 80 euro/month pre-tax.

Alternatively (if you really need nvme) you could go for that, but it would be around 190 euro/month using the same flexi-pack. Unsure if those ex41 servers take nvme though, so again, ask their support.

Thanked by 2Makkesk8 Hetzner_OL
  • vovlervovler Member
    edited October 2017

@Francisco said:
    "Any chance you can price match this company that has picked up almost 1.5B in free money? Thanks."

Francisco

In my defense, I did mention that it was no easy task. I am not expecting a lot of replies.

• If you really need straight answer. no others options beside OVH, or at least I never saw one

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@vovler said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

In my defense, I did mention that it was no easy task. I am not expecting a lot of replies.

I'm just giving you a hard time.

That's a pretty nutty price, a multi year break even at best.

Francisco

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

OVH's SP-64
    this is good server and good price

• @GTHost said:
    OVH's SP-64
    this is good server and good price

We know it :) but in this thread op asking for alternative

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Clouvider should be able to work something out for your from their new NVMe Dedicated Server range ;)

edited October 2017

We can offer - $179/mo. No setup fees.

Supermicro server E3-1275v6, 64GB, 2x960GB SSD Micron 5100 MAX Enterprise, IPMI, 200M Unmetered

Locations: Frankfurt, Toronto

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited October 2017

GTHost said: Toronto

That is really a good price for this kind of hardware in Toronto.

Normally all you get is a Celeron with 2GB of DDR2 for this price.

edited October 2017

You are right. In Canada, everything is expensive, not only servers (((

But Toronto is the best POP for East coast, between NY, Chicago and Montreal

https://gthost.com/looking-glass/

• I have been customer of WholeSaleInternet for more than a year, you can not compare pricing with others however you can get best deals for dedicated servers (Most of servers are based on old hardware) they provide unmanaged services and sometimes even if there is issue with their network itself they send you pre defined template to answer your queries.