Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stripe has launched in UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stripe has launched in UK

VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

I know a few hosts on here were using Stripe in the UK through their beta program, but it's now publicly available. Personally I see no reason not to take advantage of such a platform, and hope to see more hosts offering it through this expansion.

https://stripe.com/blog/introducing-stripe-uk

Making online payments work better also means making them work everywhere. Today, we’re getting a little closer: we’re crossing the Atlantic and launching Stripe in the UK.

We’ve worked hard not to compromise with this expansion. UK users get the same instant activation that we provide in the US and Canada. We support all major card types, including American Express. You retain complete control over your payment experience. And, as ever, it’s all covered by simple, flat pricing.

In addition to keeping the best parts, we’ve also built multi-currency support: the ability for UK businesses to charge customers around the world in US dollars, British pounds, and Euro. We’ll automatically handle all the conversions for you and deposit daily into your bank account.

We’ve been testing in the UK for a few months with companies like Teddle, Virgin Pure, Steer, and Thread. To them and everyone else: we’re hugely grateful for your help and suggestions.

UK pricing starts at 2.4% and 20p per transaction + VAT. Volume pricing is available for businesses at scale—please get in touch if you expect to process more than £250,000 in the next year.

Just thought I'd give the heads-up for anybody who hadn't noticed and is interested.

Comments