Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The most ridiculous excuse and the most brilliant (?) spaming I saw this year!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The most ridiculous excuse and the most brilliant (?) spaming I saw this year!

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited October 2017 in General

Hi! I received today this "letter" from hostslayer LLC (who?)

Good day, DISASTER adr (jvn adr)

I just wanted to inform every single client about HostSlayer LLC and the 
past 2 months ( August and September)
    On August I made the decission to serve my country in the military system.
 I was gone for 2months while I was getting training, 
    I was excommunicated and was unable to talk to anyone or check my computer. 
I put my faith in my employees to take great care of HostSlayer while I was gone.
    From what I have been informed there were quite few issues after
 I left and then before I came back. They tried their best effort to take 
all necessary actions to assure the company was able to fuction without me in command.
    I really appreciate you for being a great loyal customer and staying 
with us even through the hard times.
    But I do hope you can understand of my absense with the company, 
I had to do this to assure the safety of my country and its citizens.
    If you have any questions regarding anything or wish to talk further 
about the problem you had, feel free to contact me.
    I am more than willing to answer any questions.

And for this I wish to offer you the link to our Special Promotions
that is not public, only available access through this
    Special Link https://client.hostslayer.com/cart.php?xxxx

(DISASTER is as I received it, not any correction from me!!!)

THE EXCUSE: So, he claims he left his company to his employs because he had to do some super doper extra critical military training, to assure the safety of his country!
They left a mess behind (how could they perform without his command?), so he came back with a new promo!!! (I masked the real address, no need for extra clicks)
That's a perfect and new way to get clients! Brilliant!

THE SPAM: Now, the serious issue: I am not a client of his nor I was ever (he probably bought my mail address from another shitty provider). I wanted to see what kind of information he has in "my" client area. So, I did a password reset and logged in. First thing I noticed is that the site is asking for verification thru my email (so, the account had never being used again, I assume).
In the name field, it contains the word DISASTER (yes, in capital) and in the surname field the "adr". Some of the details (e.g. location) are accurate, a sign of proof that he stole my infos and not just completed a fake account using my email. Some other information are not accurate.
Now, I will give him the benefit of doubt, in case someone else tried to fill the details for me, using what he knew (email and location)...

My first name is definitely not "DISASTER", but his "company" seem to be so!

Thanked by 1WSS

Comments

• Yup I got that email too, such a nice move to use the military to spam a offer. oh and I never was a client of theirs ether.

• This 'gon be good.

@HostSlayer

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Well, I especially liked the "excommunicated" part. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excommunication for the people not familiar with various cults and practices.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • If you guys dont believe me its fine. I am a proud patriot of my country and wanted to join as the tension regarding North Korea is increasing. Its really up to you.

• @Stevie said:
    Yup I got that email too, such a nice move to use the military to spam a offer. oh and I never was a client of theirs ether.

Did you get a name upgrade too?

• HostSlayerHostSlayer Member
    edited October 2017

The name or company you left with us was in our system and therefor it was used.
    The DISASTER issue was back when WHMCS had an issue regarding a breach.

https://cxsecurity.com/issue/WLB-2013100038

• @HostSlayer said:
    The name or company you left with us was in our system and therefor it was used.

How can he leave something with you if he never even heard of you before?

• Can you post the ordered link? Lol

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited October 2017

@HostSlayer said:
    If you guys dont believe me its fine. I am a proud patriot of my country and wanted to join as the tension regarding North Korea is increasing. Its really up to you.

From what I remember... you couldn't get a job at McDonalds as one of my friends said. Stop trying to act like something you aren't. Oh, and get a licensed version of your WHMCS theme pls ty.

• WSSWSS Member

So, I thought the same, but I signed up for a free hosting package in January, which I never used.

• Hello Max! Its been a while since I last saw you. Is this what your 6th account trying to avoid ban evasion just like you are in Hackforums? Why would I work at McDonalds when I am working for the Department of Defense now. I never required a job unlike you always depending from the government. And im not acting like anything. It seems the person making the drama here is just you. You do know the WHMCS theme I have is a commercial one right? You can find it here : https://cmsbased.net/whmcs-templates/hexa
    And of course people like you always want proof that I have license because all you do is talk trash hence you couldnt keep a hosting company alive.
    https://i.imgur.com/o1R4Rf6.png

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited October 2017

@HostSlayer said:
    Hello Max! Its been a while since I last saw you. Is this what your 6th account trying to avoid ban evasion just like you are in Hackforums? Why would I work at McDonalds when I am working for the Department of Defense now. I never required a job unlike you always depending from the government. And im not acting like anything. It seems the person making the drama here is just you. You do know the WHMCS theme I have is a commercial one right? You can find it here : https://cmsbased.net/whmcs-templates/hexa
    And of course people like you always want proof that I have license because all you do is talk trash hence you couldnt keep a hosting company alive.

Are you on crack cocaine LOL.

You literally sound like the most self centred prick I have ever heard "I work for the Department of Defence". Bruh, you were in boot camp earning 20K a year lmao.

Here's your HF thread: https://hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=5516589&highlight=HostSlayer

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@HostSlayer said:
    Hello Max! Its been a while since I last saw you. Is this what your 6th account trying to avoid ban evasion just like you are in Hackforums? Why would I work at McDonalds when I am working for the Department of Defense now. I never required a job unlike you always depending from the government. And im not acting like anything. It seems the person making the drama here is just you. You do know the WHMCS theme I have is a commercial one right? You can find it here : https://cmsbased.net/whmcs-templates/hexa

I don't mean to join the crap train here but if you worked for the DoD you wouldn't be running a hosting business, you'd be too busy and have plenty of my tax money to spend instead.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2017

HostSlayer said: The name or company you left with us was in our system and therefor it was used. The DISASTER issue was back when WHMCS had an issue regarding a breach.

Even if I just was not remember anything about buying service from your company, there should be some more emails from you, especially the welcome one! So, I searched my gmail account and -guess what!-, I did not find anything else from you, except another spam mail about a promo of yours! So, you are really lying.
    That's why you never got a verify to the account from my email.

HostSlayer said: I am a proud patriot of my country and wanted to join as the tension regarding North Korea is increasing.

And... this is really reaaallyyyy brilliant!

P.S. If you are really being hired as a soldier, stop scamming people and close this joke of a hosting company. You will have two goals with this move: you will save your country from Kim AND save some potential clients that they do not know with what kind of a clown they will buy service from!

• Where the fuck did you get my personal information from? You CLEARLY stole/bought it from someone because I sure as shit did not give it to you.

• @Jarland

This dude is clearly running some hella shady shit.

1. Any military job is part of Department of Defense. Look it up.
    2. Im not saying I work at the pentagon. But the DoD is basically our employer.
    3. Okay.
  • WSSWSS Member

FWIW, even the DoD needs unskilled labor. Cooks, janitors, front line cannon fodder..

I checked out my HS account which evidently doesn't exist, but the company name used matches the one on that account info from the email.

Thanked by 2Falzo Pwner
  • @HostSlayer In fact, you are working for the White House (as army's commander in chief is the president of the US). Kudos! You should now close your crappy slayer.

BTW, can you answer from where did you stole our details and inserted them as your client's details?

BTW2: Are you running a hacked WHMCS with exploits that never being dealt? How else the "DISASTER" user name would still be there, if it was the result of an exploit?

• WSS said: front line cannon fodder

Thanked by 1Falzo
    1. I am not closing down anything as long as it is working and not causing issues. This is just you trying to attack on any host. And i could go on writing about how you're acting but I rather not talk to you and ignore you.

2. I don't see how I am suppose to have your details. Either you signed up with us long ago or someone used your details to sign-up.

3. And of course jumping into conclusions as anyone would do. It was an example of the issue from back in time with WHMCS had exploits. You can if you want ask WHMCS how long ive been a member.

• Not a fuck. If I did ever give you my information, you should be able to tell me when and which IP submitted it, right?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2017

HostSlayer said: This is just you trying to attack on any host.

Witch host did I attack, m8?

HostSlayer said: i could go on writing about how you're acting but I rather not talk to you and ignore you.

Please, do! Please, tell us how am i acting! Please, expose me in the public! (You will rather find no attacks from me).

HostSlayer said: I don't see how I am suppose to have your details. Either you signed up with us long ago or someone used your details to sign-up.

Please, tell me when WHMCS sent me the welcome email! (There is no such a thing). And the ip I used!

HostSlayer said: And of course jumping into conclusions as anyone would do. It was an example of the issue from back in time with WHMCS had exploits

How the hell an exploit changed just a user name? If there were more affected user names, what did you do to fix that? Are other clients of yours suffering from the exploit in the WHMCS? What measures did you take to secure your WHMCS and be sure that no client details were not leaked?

And, finally, where did you find our details? I am not the only one never signed up with your company, in just this thread there are other LE|T members that also claiming the same.

edited October 2017
    1. Not attacking of DDoS. But as shaming down.
    2. For the WHMCS about DISASTER it was already taken care of and from what I was told there was no leaks it only affected the first name. And some had the whole account set as Disaster.
    3. And for the IP in WHMCS we only get the information from last login.

I am actually enjoying this. I thought of just ignoring your "claims" as you love to bash on random hosting companies. But hey.... I got nothing else to do right now. I dont have duty until 0400. So ill enjoy this or either get bored.

• Provide proof that I, at any point before the password reset request done at 03:16 GMT+2, existed as a client of yours.

• @HostSlayer said:
    1. Not attacking of DDoS. But as shaming down.
    2. For the WHMCS about DISASTER it was already taken care of and from what I was told there was no leaks it only affected the first name. And some had the whole account set as Disaster.
    3. And for the IP in WHMCS we only get the information from last login.

I am actually enjoying this. I thought of just ignoring your "claims" as you love to bash on random hosting companies. But hey.... I got nothing else to do right now. I dont have duty until 0400. So ill enjoy this or either get bored.

Proud patriot of the year.

• WSSWSS Member

We are now on stage "Rolling with the punches / Making fun of those attacking". Next, it will be "LOL i trollin' you all."

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • HostSlayer said: Not attacking of DDoS. But as shaming down.

Please, tell me a single hosting company I am shaming down (except from GVH and co)!

HostSlayer said: from what I was told there was no leaks it only affected the first name. And some had the whole account set as Disaster.

So, what is valid? Affected only the first name or in some cases the whole account? And who told you that the leak was only affecting the first name? What security measures did you take to prevent leak of your database? How are you sure nobody did hack your WHMCS client base?

HostSlayer said: for the IP in WHMCS we only get the information from last login

When did you sent me the welcome email? Do you have any paypal account linked to my client area? If not, you are just a shitty liar!

HostSlayer said: I thought of just ignoring your "claims" as you love to bash on random hosting companies.

You still don't answer about some serious accusations you receive from me and other LET members. And on the top of that, you are accusing me that I love to bash random hosting companies (witch I have not done, my posts here are public and it is obvious you are lying on your try to defend yourself).

edited October 2017

Oh hey there.
    Here we go to the trolling stage. I'm done with you bud. At least have some respect.

Bye.