Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a host/package/offer that can crawl 3 million pages a day
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a host/package/offer that can crawl 3 million pages a day

edited October 2017 in Requests

I was able to accomplish this with an AWS r4.large instance, I am looking for a similar offer/package. Ideally something with a 10Gbps uplink that can handle 100 concurrent connections, for the right service, I can go as high as $40/month

Comments

• you forgot to add price?

• @ehab said:
    you forgot to add price?

I can go as high as $40/month for the right service

• ehabehab Member
    edited October 2017

@jeffreylroberts , i am not a provider just wanted you to add budget providers always ask! IMHO you should go for big players with unlimited traffic etc ... why don't you check with OVH, hetzner ?

• @ehab said:
    @jeffreylroberts , i am not a provider just wanted you to add budget providers always ask! IMHO you should go for big players with unlimited traffic etc ... why don't you check with OVH, hetzner ?

I just tried OVH via Kimsufi, and they struck out, I cant seem to get the crawler to crawl at a decent page per minute rate, so far AWS is the only contender and they charge to much for storage and bandwidth IMO for this project

• WSSWSS Member

What? Doesn't your cablemodem stack up?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @wss lol, nah it doesn't

• Go with hetzner. gigabit link, unlimited incoming bw.

• @teamacc checking them out now, thanks

• You might want to try Hetzner or Worldstream.