Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloudVPS - 40% off recurring 1Gbps & 10Gbps KVM VPS - Multiple locations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloudVPS - 40% off recurring 1Gbps & 10Gbps KVM VPS - Multiple locations

NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

GreencloudVPS providing high class hosting solutions since 2013. We believe in defining superior service when it comes to virtual private servers and dedicated servers on a quality network and best support. You can contact us via both Live Chat, Skype or Tickets.

Why Us?

• Owned hardware: We own all our hardware and network equipment.
  • Fast ticket response with average of 20 mins.
  • 24x7 In-house Professional Tech Support
  • 99.9% Network Uptime Guaranteed
  • 7-day money back guarantee

Current special offers for LET members:

All promotions valid until October 20, 2017. Some special packages:

SSDKVM-1: $28.8/year with the coupon 1V6ABJHJGU

• 1GB RAM
  • 1 core
  • 15GB SSD RAID-10
  • IPv4: 1
  • IPv6: /112
  • Connection 1Gbps
  • 1.5TB Banwidth
  • 3Gbps DDOS protection in CA and TX.
  • Linux OS/KVM
  • ORDER HERE !

STORAGE-PROMO: $28.8/year with the coupon 1V6ABJHJGU

• 1GB RAM
  • 1 core
  • 200GB SATA RAID-10
  • IPv4: 1
  • IPv6: /112
  • Connection 1Gbps
  • 1.5TB Banwidth
  • 3Gbps DDOS protection in CA and TX.
  • Linux OS/KVM
  • ORDER HERE !

Payment Method: Paypal, Credit Card, Perfect Money, Webmoney, Bitcoin

Contact Us:

Comments

• Purchased StorageKVM, great!

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • Why don't you offer standards-compliant IPv6 assignments?

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

It depends on provider's choice. In our case we would like to assign a /112 block as we have plenty of IPv6 available.

@ucxo said:
    Why don't you offer standards-compliant IPv6 assignments?

• @NDTN said:
    It depends on provider's choice. In our case we would like to assign a /112 block as we have plenty of IPv6 available.

The "Best Current Practice" is a minimum of /64. /112 is not standards-compliant and will cause problems for your customers.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited October 2017

Thank you for your suggestion but /64 IPv6 per customer is not necessary. Most VPS providers in the market even offer single or just a few IPv6.

@ucxo said:

@NDTN said:

The "Best Current Practice" is a minimum of /64. /112 is not standards-compliant and will cause problems for your customers.

• @NDTN said:
    Thank you for your suggestion but /64 IPv6 per customer is not necessary.

RFC 6177 is not a "suggestion"; the IETF doesn't use the term "Best Current Practice" without reason…

If you had bothered to read the (intentionally short) summary I linked to, you would have learned that most major email providers (among them Google) blacklist spam sources at the /64 level. If you don't want your customers to run mailservers, that's your choice, but stop boasting about how generous you are to issue a /112 when you can't even be bothered to read up on standard IPv6 deployment practices.

Most VPS providers in the market even offer single or just a few IPv6.

I question your use of the word "most". Counterexamples (that each issue a /64 to VPSs): AlphaVPS, Arubacloud, BudgetNode, Farnox, Hetzner, InceptionHosting, LiteServer, LoveServers, Netcup, OnePoundWebhosting, Online.net, Proplay, Signaltransmitter, UltraVPS, Veesp, VMHaus, Vultr, Worldstream, ZXHost. (And these are only those that I've used personally.)
    Some of these providers aren't even particularly good at their job, but even they manage to keep their IPv6 in order.

Thanked by 1szarka
  • @NDTN said:
    Thank you for your suggestion but /64 IPv6 per customer is not necessary. Most VPS providers in the market even offer single or just a few IPv6.

You have just been shown a link with proof that a /64 is actually necessary. If your response was along the lines of "sorry, but our DC is being an asshole about it" or "we will consider your comment" my respect for you would be higher than it is right now.

What other providers do is not an argument in this case, as shown in the link provided.

You are basically saying you do not care about arguments right now.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • I challenge GreenCloudVPS to a Network Showdown, my Cable Modem vs GreenCloudVPS... Do you accept the challenge? https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/127091/can-you-hosting-company-compete-with-my-cable-modem#latest

• zevuszevus Member
    edited October 2017

I didn't see this offer on lowendtalk, just got a promo email (used to have VPS w/ them a year or two back).

first, I was happy w/ service, back when I did have this VPS (Vietnam). It has been a while, though.

secondly, I decided to take a VPS via the email promo offer & then discovered that I'd have to wait 'two or three weeks' to get an rDNS set.. was head spinning wtf.

on positive side, I asked for a refund and got it the same day.