Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Top Providers votes!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Top Providers votes!

tianyitianyi Member
edited October 2017 in General

Hi,

I really miss the Top Providers vote. It did help me discover good providers.

Poll not found

Comments

• WSSWSS Member
      • $7
    • RayhanRayhan Member
      edited October 2017

Old is gold. Checkout Top Provider Poll Results Q4 2016

Thanked by 1SamP
    • I am new enough to this forum that I have never seen them. Let's bring back whatever it was

• tianyitianyi Member
      edited October 2017

Why the poll in my post is gone ...
      Completely lost here, anyone can explain this?

• Debian

No, it's not even a year since last poll. Give some time to trewq for his new vps business to be tested and elected as top new provider.

Thanked by 1Maounique
    • tianyitianyi Member
      edited October 2017

@tianyi said:

Seems it found the way home and come back :)

• Bye VortexNode.

• @tianyi said:

It's some bug, happens only when we edit post.

Thanked by 1tianyi
    • WSSWSS Member

the best part about a top providers list will end up being:

OVH (cheap), Hetzner (cheap), Francisco (cheap whore), and a couple of folks who have super cheap shit.

• @WSS said:
      the best part about a top providers list will end up being:

OVH (cheap), Hetzner (cheap), Francisco (cheap whore), and a couple of folks who have super cheap shit.

Lowend-talk, right? It will be wrong if anything high-end appears in the top list.
      About those you listed, I think their stable service, good support makes them out of huge amount cheap service providers.

I tried those Top new providers on last poll and I am a happy customers so long. The poll really helps.

• @tianyi said:
      The poll really helps.

There is no help for you.

• WSS said: OVH (cheap), Hetzner (cheap), Francisco (cheap whore)

Why this list isn't on the front page yet?

P.S.
      At the same time I have a feeling that "Buyshared sucks this year" remark I intended to post here turns a bit equivocal.

Thanked by 1Maounique
    • JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
      edited October 2017

nope, no vote required.. do your research, use common sense and you will find good hosts.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

tianyi said: Poll not found

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Coming soon, sorry about the delays.

Thanked by 2bersy singhigh
    • LeeLee Veteran

JoeMerit said: nope, no vote required.. do your research, use common sense and you will find good hosts.

True but then the poll shows mood, direction and has other useful indicators within the LE* community.

• @Lee said:

JoeMerit said: nope, no vote required.. do your research, use common sense and you will find good hosts.

True but then the poll shows mood, direction and has other useful indicators within the LE* community.

Upside down.

• I'm okay with the poll as long as their are rules that will keep shithosts from benefiting from it. I'm sure it helped Vortexnode scam more people when they ended up in the top 10.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    • LeeLee Veteran

@JoeMerit said:
      I'm okay with the poll as long as their are rules that will keep shithosts from benefiting from it. I'm sure it helped Vortexnode scam more people when they ended up in the top 10.

Again true but that is why the poll provides indicators, you also need to follow up with

JoeMerit said: do your research, use common sense and you will find good hosts.

• How about we have 4-5 different top provider polls.
      1) Dedicated Servers
      2) Higher priced VPS/Cloud (61$/yr or more)
      3) Medium priced VPS/Cloud (30$-60/yr$)
      4) Low cost VPS/Cloud (10$-29$/yr)
      5) Ultra Low cost VPS/Cloud (0$-9$/yr)

• allow 1 vote per category and you have to write a short paragraph stating what package you have, what you are paying and what your experience has been.

• @JoeMerit: You know, organizing even a single provider poll requires a lot of effort.

Thanked by 3bersy ehab Nekki
    • it might be worth the effort if you can make the results more useful to people. I don't want to wade through a bunch of votes for $3/yr VPSes.

• a lot of similar votes deep in this forum but another one does not do any harm

• @JoeMerit said:
      How about we have 4-5 different top provider polls.
      1) Dedicated Servers
      2) Higher priced VPS/Cloud (61$/yr or more)
      3) Medium priced VPS/Cloud (30$-60/yr$)
      4) Low cost VPS/Cloud (10$-29$/yr)
      5) Ultra Low cost VPS/Cloud (0$-9$/yr)

That sounds horrendously long-winded and boring. You’re fired.

Polls are needed, at least once a year, then you need to go back and see what changed and learn from it.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Maounique said:
      Polls are needed, at least once a year, then you need to go back and see what changed and learn from it.

Usually yes, however, being more regular is useful in this space. Often providers on here are good this quarter and poor the next for various reasons. Trends are used to steer people away from what others are experiencing.

Given your average LET host has a useful lifespan of fewer than 2 years the early warnings that polls can offer (if read correctly) are good.

Yeah, at least once a year, but you raise an interesting aspect, how can you read the polls for signs of trouble? A LET host will hide any problems and will simply disappear if you are to generalize, they will put cheaper and cheaper offers and gather more and more fans, so, I fail to see how will that happen (distinguish warning signs).

• how about this.. no hosts under $10/yr in the poll. get rid of the shit that just gets votes because its cheap.

• WSSWSS Member

@JoeMerit said:
      how about this.. no hosts under $10/yr in the poll. get rid of the shit that just gets votes because its cheap.

Except for all of LES which are quite good, several entry-level @VirMach, et al.

You suck at this.