Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need 500GB FTP storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need 500GB FTP storage

munni69munni69 Member
edited October 2017 in Requests

Need 500GB FTP storage in cheap price .

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Where?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2017

Me need stoarage too!

Edit: Dammit, @mikho beat me to it.

SCAM!

• SCAM! ? ? ? ?

• @munni69 said:
    SCAM! ? ? ? ?

I wasn't talking about you...?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@doghouch said:
    Me need stoarage too!

SCAM!

Thats what you get for not answering my PM.
    HA!

• Guys, he is looking for 500GB FTP storage for cheap, but what are you about?

• 1TB for 1 year for free https://www.euserv.com/en/cloud/backup-hd-1T-se2017.php

i have no recommendation for them yet. try and judge for yourself

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • The premium offer at https://1fichier.com/ would be hard to beat.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @mikho said:

@doghouch said:
    Me need stoarage too!

SCAM!

Thats what you get for not answering my PM.
    HA!

Whoops, forgot. Sowwwy!

• WSSWSS Member

Get a KS-1.

• @WSS said:
    Get a KS-1.

Dude, they're unavailable.

• WSSWSS Member

Have a little patience. They're available at least once a week.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • i can pay max 7$ for this

• WSS said: Have a little patience. They're available at least once a week.

3-4 times a week at least from the notifications I receive.

• @WSS said:
    Have a little patience. They're available at least once a week.

I'm never quick enough to get a KS-1. But I simply guess when they may be available, which hasn't been such a successful strategy!

• @munni69 said:
    Need 500GB FTP storage in cheap price .

@munni69 said:
    i can pay max 7$ for this

Go with Hetzner's Storage Box maybe?
    Their 500GB offer should even with VAT fit you price requirements.

• angstrom said: I'm never quick enough to get a KS-1. But I simply guess when they may be available, which hasn't been such a successful strategy!

Are you signed up for notifications? check.ovh and kimi.nwwebsites.co.uk have always worked for me.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @saibal said: Are you signed up for notifications? check.ovh and kimi.nwwebsites.co.uk have always worked for me.

No. I should sign up. I've simply been guessing. :-D

• calvinsnlcalvinsnl Member
    edited October 2017

https://www.hostens.com/vps-hosting/

Storage vps 1tb hdd for 5.24 EUR per month when paid annualy. I dont have experience with them though.

• @angstrom said:

@saibal said: Are you signed up for notifications? check.ovh and kimi.nwwebsites.co.uk have always worked for me.

No. I should sign up. I've simply been guessing. :-D

I saw a KS-1 go a few days ago. (I dropped mine last week.)

• @angstrom said:
    The premium offer at https://1fichier.com/ would be hard to beat.

+1

Or Euserv 1 year free

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

+1

Or Euserv 1 year free

Has anyone ran into a problem with them so far? So far I've been able to access it over ftp/ftps so I plan to dump my backup data on it.

• 1fichier , is it like a download service or backup service, it says retention period of 15 or 30 days, unlimited for premium, so the access plan will remove files after 30 days, did not get it

• Unlimited time... that is very hard to comprehend throughout physics and economy, with my limited human mind using only 10% of my brain capacity. These guys at 1fichier must be really smart.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2017

@slicebox said:
    1fichier , is it like a download service or backup service, it says retention period of 15 or 30 days, unlimited for premium, so the access plan will remove files after 30 days, did not get it

I think that only the premium plan really makes sense for backup (and peace of mind), although if you regularly back up, the access plan could also work (the older backups will simply get progressively deleted).

As for the "unlimited storage space" of the premium plan, well, as always, ordinary users won't have a problem, but if you try to store many TBs of data, you may encounter a problem sooner or later. (I believe that someone tested this in an earlier thread but I don't recall the results of the test.)

But, to answer your question, yes, 1fichier is often used as a download service. Clearly, it wouldn't be the right choice for an enterprise backup service, but for an individual who simply wants to back up (e.g.) TAR files, it's an inexpensive storage solution (without the hassle of managing a storage VPS).

• @default said: Unlimited time...

To be more precise, it's "unlimited space". But we've been over this before. Here's a quote that I made in an earlier comment in an earlier thread (the original isn't mine):

Any "unlimited" plan is really just a statistical assumption that everyone's behavior will average out to something that the infrastructure can tolerate. And that's generally speaking a workable plan if nobody decides to be a smartass and push it past the limits of reason.

• angstrom said: (I believe that someone tested this in an earlier thread but I don't recall the results of the test.)

the soft limit is 30 TB

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @saibal said:

angstrom said: (I believe that someone tested this in an earlier thread but I don't recall the results of the test.)

the soft limit is 30 TB

Like I said, ordinary users won't have a problem. :-)

• @angstrom said:

Too bad he is looking for storage available through FTP.