Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any switzerland vps provider?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any switzerland vps provider?

vps with xen or kvm will be better. for openvz should support setup vpn.enable ppp/tun

Comments

• Edis.at

• In case of Micronet above use "50OFFRECURRING" coupon to get their VPS for half price. Code is valid also for other "exotic" locations (russia, india..) they offer with LEB pricing.

• @darknyan the vps xen or openvz?

• In the futur @BlueVM will have a Switzerland location.

• Is Switzerland considered as an "off-shore" location?

• MrXMrX Member

@zhuanyi said:
    Is Switzerland considered as an "off-shore" location?

Offshore is in the eye of the beholder.

• Exotic.

@zhuanyi said:
    Is Switzerland considered as an "off-shore" location?

• @MrX said:
    Offshore is in the eye of the beholder.

I guess by offshore it is regarded as somewhere more like Netherlands, where as long as you don't post anything illegal like child p*** then it is normally OK.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@zhuanyi said:
    I guess by offshore it is regarded as somewhere more like Netherlands, where as long as you don't post anything illegal like child p*** then it is normally OK.

I'm not sure anyone regards The Netherlands as 'offshore'. Places like the Cayman Islands or Gibraltar are probably better frames of reference.

• do you have xen base vps for switzerland

• @zhuanyi said:

Why don't you guys learn that Netherlands isn't offshore. We got rules here too.

Access to ThePirateBay has been blocked by almost all ISP's, does that look like off-shore?

• MrXMrX Member

@Nekki said:
    I'm not sure anyone regards The Netherlands as 'offshore'. Places like the Cayman Islands or Gibraltar are probably better frames of reference.

Offshore hosting tends to refer to copyright violation hosting. Have fun hosting that in the Caymans or Gibraltar. Even if you can afford the bandwidth, don't expect to last for very long after a few complaints come in.

The Caymans and GIbraltar are offshore financial jurisdictions and, in the case of the latter, licensed gambling.

Thanked by 1typh0n