Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor 2.9.4 Released
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor 2.9.4 Released

Hi,

The Virtualizor Team has released Virtualizor 2.9.4 (Stable Branch)
This version introduces some great features like VHD file support for Xenserver, Enduser Backups, Enduser ISOs and some bug fixes.
The following are the complete list of changes :

1) [Feature] We have implemented a new wizard for VPS Backups. In the new wizard, you create a Backup Plan which can be set per VPS or in a VPS Plan. Each VPS belonging to a backup plan will be backed up accordingly. The docs are as follows :
https://virtualizor.com/wiki/Backup_Plans

2) [Feature] The Admin can also allow endusers to make their own backups OR restore from old backups without any Admin intervention.

3) [Feature] Endusers can now install SSH Keys into their VMs from the Virtualizor Enduser Panel.

4) [Feature] One of the most awaited features for Virtualizor XenServer was support for File Disk(s) and / or VHD LVMs. In this version we have added support for the two different storage types.

5) [Feature] Virtualizor XenServer did not support migration of VPS within a cluster. This is now possible in this version of Virtualizor. VHD format is also supported.

6) [Feature] Added CPU Topology parameters for XenServer. Admins / Cloud Users can specify sockets and cores for their XenServer VMs.

7) [Feature] We have added support for PIGZ Compression. During migration and backups, if compression is enabled GZip is used to compress the files. PIGZ is a faster compression utility and uses threading.

8) [Feature] The Admin can choose to Install Xentools on the XenServer VMs in this version.

9) [Feature] We have added Disk I/O statistics in Virtualizor for all VMs. Endusers can see the Disk I/O in the Monitoring Wizard.

10) [Feature] The automatic VPS Disk usage detection which was disabled in the previous version has been re-written. Virtualizor will now read the super block of a VM and detect the disk usage. However, this will work only for EXT partition formats. It will not work for Windows or other formats. The correct disk usage will not be visible till the VM flushes / syncs the superblock to the disk.

11) [Feature] It will now be possible to backup the Virtualizor Database to a Remote location over FTP / SSH :
https://virtualizor.com/wiki/Database_Backups

12) [Feature] Cloud User will now be able to create a VPS with CPU Topology.

13) [Feature] Enduser ISO : We have added the feature for enduser(s) to download and use their own ISO. This feature needs to be enabled by the Admin and limits can be set by the Admin :
https://virtualizor.com/wiki/Enduser_ISO

14) [Feature] Its now possible to create a list of Allowed IPs for accessing the Admin Panel. Any requests from other IPs will be blocked :
https://virtualizor.com/wiki/Restrict_Admin_Panel

15) [Feature] We have added support for Proxmox 5 in this version.

16) [Feature] A Proxmox Importer (in Beta) has been added in this version of Virtualizor. Admins can install Virtualizor on an existing Proxmox node and import the VMs :
virtualizor.com/wiki/Proxmox_Import_Guide

17) [Task] The Add VPS wizard will now throw an Version Mismatch error if the Slave node's Virtualizor version is not matching the Master's Virtualizor version.

18) [Task] We have added the Ukrainian language in this version.

19) [Task] create_vm_pre_addvs hook has been added.

20) [Bug-Fix] Manual update was not possible when the Update setting was disabled. This is fixed.

21) [Bug-Fix] WHMCS : During Node selection, WHMCS will now show the error - License is expired or server is offline.

22) [Bug-Fix] On OpenVZ 7 nodes the prlctl high load issue has been fixed.

23) [Bug-Fix] On OpenVZ 7 nodes, KVM VMs cached RAM issue has been fixed.

24) [Bug-Fix] On Launch Instance wizard Virtuozzo KVM and Virtuozzo OpenVZ option were not listed for VM creation. This is fixed.

25) [Bug-Fix] When a VM was suspended on the 1st of the its billing cycle due to over use of bandwidth, there was a bug in Virtualizor which caused the VMs network to suspend and the unsuspend. This is now fixed.

26) [Bug-Fix] For a Windows VM, the disk usage was not detected correctly when the VM was started. This is now fixed.

27) [Bug-Fix] If the Mac address was set through the ManageVPS wizard for KVM VPS, the VM failed to start. This is now fixed.

28) [Bug-Fix] The Reset Password email was sent blank from the Enduser Panel due to a language bug. This is fixed.

29) [Bug-Fix] When a XenServer Node restarted, the VMs power state was not preserved. This is fixed.

30) [Bug-Fix] In Proxmox the VNC was not working for some VMs. This is fixed.

31) [Bug-Fix] ISO was not getting downloaded to slave server when added from enduser panel for Slave servers VPS. This is fixed.

=================== Patch 1 ===================

32) [Bug-Fix] In OpenVZ 7 while adding IP for VPS netmask and MAC address were not getting added. This is fixed.

33) [Bug-Fix] On OpenVZ 7 while creating VPS it was showing 0.0.0.0 as IP or VNC Port was not shown. This was happening because the VPS was not started yet. This is fixed.

=================== Patch 2 ===================

34) [Bug-Fix] If cloud user tried to edit the HVM VPS, it was throwing 500 Internal sever error. This issue was introduced in 2.9.4. This is fixed.

35) [Task] Now Hostname will be sent in email on successful / Error email of backup.

36) [Task] On Admin Dashboard now RAM and Disk usage will be shown in actual values as well along with percentage.

=================== Patch 3 ===================

37) [Bug-Fix] DB version was not updated in 2.9.4. This is fixed.

=================== Patch 4 ===================

38) [Feature] Added ability to move IPs to another IP Pool.

39) [Bug-Fix] When Enduser initiates backups for Slave servers VMs more than one time, multiple tasks were getting created on Slave sever for backup process. This is fixed.

40) [Buf-Fix] Backup rotation was not working properly for enduser backups. This is fixed now.

=================== Patch 5 ===================

41) [Task] This version has the changes for WHMCS module so that users can add ISO and SSH Keys from WHMCS Module.

=================== Patch 6 ===================

42) [Task] Changes made for compatibility for loading enduser ISO in WHMCS module.

Virtualizor supports OpenVZ, OpenVZ 7, Xen, XenServer, LXC and Linux-KVM on CentOS and Ubuntu and they all can be managed from the Master. We are adding more features and if you have any suggestions, do let us know. We hope you enjoy this version of Virtualizor.

Regards,
The Virtualizor Team

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Damn, that's some serious work.

My big takeaways from this (user perspective) SSH Keys built in to the panel, Users can mount remote/custom ISO's for install, users can create and manage their own backups.

and from an admin perspective, using pigz instead of gzip for migration is a HUGE win and also disk IO based monitoring in the panel and Proxmox support.. damn.

Meanwhile since April, OnApp updated the version number for mainline :)

• Yeah,
    virtualizor is a great panel. We started to use it recently for mycore and work very well. We found just two bugs that has been fixed on fly.

Improvement they did from last release are impressive and customers really like new features

• Still no fix in regards to the INSANELY poor documentation of the Admin SDK and the status() call not even pulling individual VM's over the entire dedicated server stats. Also no fix in relation to Window's overselling of ram not working correctly as is supposed to, which was blamed on libvirt.

@6ixth pop your ticket numbers here, these threads usually get the attention of the lead devs.

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited October 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    @6ixth pop your ticket numbers here, these threads usually get the attention of the lead devs.

I already have the personal contacts of the project lead of Virtualizor and the lead developer, i'm awaiting fixes just they are taking a while :(

matteob said: Yeah, virtualizor is a great panel. We started to use it recently for mycore and work very well. We found just two bugs that has been fixed on fly.

wow interesting, I thought you guys were tied to OnApp?

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

Now that's a feature update i see...

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited October 2017

No we still happy with OnAPP and still using for our CloudFlow platform. But with their price model licenses for dual octacore cpus nodes are foolishly expensive. We already are in Enterprise grade licensing, so no more discount possible.

MyCores come with dedicated CPU cores and with onapp we should sell every core at insanely price. Virtualizor comes with less features, but we see that are what the customers really need and we can offer service at very attractive prices keeping good margin.

Yep, I think the days where customers 'need' to pay onapp prices are limited.

Thanked by 1matteob
  • edited October 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    Yep, I think the days where customers 'need' to pay onapp prices are limited.

Are you guys talking SolusVM or OnApp? I know they are owned by the same company but OnApp solutions do not compete with Virtualizor like SolusVM does so not sure why you are comparing apples to oranges.

OnApp pricing has always been excessive imo. I also refuse to pay per CPU core for software licenses. With 8+ core CPUs becoming more common they will probably try keep that same license model and ride that wave for as long as they can.

@LosPollosHermanos I thought from matteob's post he was suggesting that they had switched to virtualizor, hence the comparison, (I did not realize he was talking about a different product line) I appreciate it is apples and oranges but when you just need fruit, a plumb is not a bad choice either :)

It is still interesting in that they decided to use virtualizor over solusvm and also they felt that virtualizor was adequate rather than using OnApp itself.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

__> @AnthonySmith said:

, a plumb is not a bad choice either :)

It csn be, if you have to many :\

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

waiting for block storage integration some day .. or maybe I have too high expectations haha

wiki links are broken @virtualizor

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

It's a nice progress. I am starting to think that a migration might be an option for me as well.

AlexBarakov said: It's a nice progress. I am starting to think that a migration might be an option for me as well.

I genuinely do not even get 10% of the tickets I used too, the 'end user' interface being fully integrated into to WHMCS seems to make things just flow for people.

Sure the admin interface is a dogs dinner but I hardly need that either now as a result.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @AlexBarakov said:
    It's a nice progress. I am starting to think that a migration might be an option for me as well.
    @AnthonySmith said:

AlexBarakov said: It's a nice progress. I am starting to think that a migration might be an option for me as well.

I genuinely do not even get 10% of the tickets I used too, the 'end user' interface being fully integrated into to WHMCS seems to make things just flow for people.

Sure the admin interface is a dogs dinner but I hardly need that either now as a result.

We moved a load of our stuff over to Virtulizor, a lot of problems have been fixed in the progress.

I agree with at @anthonySmith, really don't get many tickets about the same issues over and over again.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

Do any Virtualizor/Centos 7 folks have issue with libvirtd occasionally locking up?

• IonSwitch_Stan said: Do any Virtualizor/Centos 7 folks have issue with libvirtd occasionally locking up?

Isn't an old bug that as been resolved since then?

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@softacchirag

support tickets take more than 12 hours to reply

the executive over skype dose not answer...

is it arrogance or something else

and yes, its not for today, a normal practice

most of the replies to the support tickets are irrelevant...

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Major updates, good work Virtualizor!

@agentmishra said:
    @softacchirag

I've had the opposite experience. Skype is not always the best way to get your problem solved, might not be the correct person answering your question.

I bothered them (in my eyes) alot before I opened my doors and started selling servers and always got prompt answers, sometimes that the person who could answer my specific question wasn't awake but by opening a ticket I got a reply, sometimes even a fix within 12 hours.

You have to be very clear in what you need help with or the whole situation will get confusing. That is a communication issue where both sides are at fault.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@mikho said:

@agentmishra said:
    @softacchirag

I've had the opposite experience. Skype is not always the best way to get your problem solved, might not be the correct person answering your question.

I bothered them (in my eyes) alot before I opened my doors and started selling servers and always got prompt answers, sometimes that the person who could answer my specific question wasn't awake but by opening a ticket I got a reply, sometimes even a fix within 12 hours.

You have to be very clear in what you need help with or the whole situation will get confusing. That is a communication issue where both sides are at fault.

lol

• @mikho said:

@agentmishra said:
    @softacchirag

Virtualizor support sucks balls about 95 percent of the time mate.

edited October 2017

@6ixth said:

>

Depends on your expectations.
    I've met far worse support personal here and there.

well there are multiple persons working in their support desk , some are good and some ruin the experience . bad thing is they do not reveal the support team names , so hard to find who are we working with .

• @mikho said:

@6ixth said:

>

Depends on your expectations.
    I've met far worse support personal here and there.

I'll agree with you there.

IonSwitch_Stan said: Do any Virtualizor/Centos 7 folks have issue with libvirtd occasionally locking up?

Nope.

agentmishra said: support tickets take more than 12 hours to reply

Put your ticket number in the thread?

My experience has been quite the opposite as well.

6ixth said: Virtualizor support sucks balls about 95 percent of the time mate.

Not my experience either, but perhaps I only feel that way because I am used to SolusVM support which can take 3 - 6 months rather than 12 - 24 hours to resolve an issue

Thanked by 1netomx

AnthonySmith said: Not my experience either, but perhaps I only feel that way because I am used to SolusVM support which can take 3 - 6 months rather than 12 - 24 hours to resolve an issue

true :D

• I wonder if @AnthonySmith rather visits the Virtualizor changelogs than a pr0n website