Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have new VPS and unsure which panel ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Have new VPS and unsure which panel ?

Hi,

I purchased VPS from MiniVPS last week however I am now confused about which Panel I should use.

I currently have a cPanel/WHM Reseller account and have 2 active long term clients that I host.

I am looking to transfer these to my VPS and am looking for the best/easiest option to transfer them.

One is using a standard html site with a wordpress blog seperately and the other using a Wordpress installation - both using Google Apps so just require DNS/MX entries changing.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Comments

• If you have to ask this question you should stick to reseller hosting for hosting your customers. You can't experiment with your customers hosting.

If you are serious about moving to a VPS you can install cpanel trial version and experiment. Learn how to secure and manage the server. But don't move your clients over until you are confident you know what you are doing.

• wychwych Member

Kloxo can be easy to use... but yeah; don't move customers until you know how to manage the VPS - or else they may not be customers for much longer!

• terafireterafire Member
    edited August 2013

Kloxo is outdated and unsecure. Use Kloxo-MR, it's still in beta, but it's pretty powerful.

• @terafire said:
    Kloxo is outdated and unsecure. Use Kloxo-MR, it's still in beta, but it's pretty powerful.

It's better than zpanel.

• Kloxo-MR is decent free alternative to cPanel however since your clients use cPanel (or they don't have access to it?) shouldn't you transfer them to same cPanel platform? Migration from cPanel to cPanel server is easy however licence will cost you around 14$/m.

• @concerto49 said:
    It's better than zpanel.

Have you seen the new ZPanel?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@DennisdeWit said:
    Have you seen the new ZPanel?

The one that @joepie91 proved vulnerable?

• @FtpIt_Radi said:

Yea its vulnerable indeed and the vulnerabilities are relatively easy to fix by the way.

• @FtpIt_Radi said:

10.0.1.0?

• As usual, I can suggest the one I use.

• The best panel to use is Virtualmin - Webmin, but it is difficult to use for non experienced users and, maybe, not suitable for reselling. But has the most useful and easy to manage backup solution in other servers that makes restoring a some minutes task!

The next solution is ZPanel 10.1, that has no known vulnerabilities (anyway, there is no panel with no issues at all, they all have patches from time to time to fix problems or vulnerabilities). ZPanel had not been hacked, at least widely, as thousand's of people uses it for years. The last update fixed a lot of things and it is very fast and "professional looking" , too with a lot of extras and third party modules you can use. It has also very good support community.

Another great solution with less functions but handy to use and very stable, is ISP Config 3. It has a clean interface, easy to understand and fast to make tasks.

I use all of them in several production servers for years and have no complaints to neither of them or their team.

I used sometimes Kloxo and, mainly the last couple of years, Kloxo - MR. Kloxo is safe now, bit Kloxo - MR is better because of the many new functions, the ability to change php versions on the fly, but the interface, even if it looks more friendly to cpanel users than the other panels, is a mess to make complex tasks or fine tune your site. If you can manage Kloxo, then, you have to learn how to tune Virtualmin and have a better solution.

• The new ZPanel has recently been released. Version 10.1.0. They also have a very active support forum. Support is free but they do offer a paid premium support.

Couple images of the new ZPanel.

::hides::

• I don't think it's the fact that Zpanel had vulns. I think it was more their approach to acknowledging and fixing them

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Gonna try the newest zPanel on a test box.

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2013

@MasonsHill said:
    The new ZPanel has recently been released. Version 10.1.0. They also have a very active support forum. Support is free but they do offer a paid premium support.

::hides::

Have they made some actual backend changes not just re-styled it?

EDIT- [Stripped Screenshot to save thread size]

• nagugnagug Member
    edited August 2013

Does Plesk Qualify? Google apps integration is straight forward

• akzakz Member

ehcp but dont count on any support from the site.

• @wych said:
    Have they made some actual backend changes not just re-styled it?

Hey,

Yes over 50 changes in total including several security fixes. The list of changes can be found here: http://forums.zpanelcp.com/thread-7708.html

• zPanel looks nice that's for sure. But I'm still a fan of Kloxo-MR's power.

• dnwkdnwk Member

@nagug said:
    Does Plesk Qualify? Google apps integration is straight forward

I like plesk

• I felt plesk is simple, especially the latest versions. for the price from netsys-online. its very good value for money.

• @MasonsHill said:
    Yes over 50 changes in total including several security fixes. The list of changes can be found here: http://forums.zpanelcp.com/thread-7708.html

Did they fix all the holes though? I would like to be able to recommend this to customers again.

• zpanel looks sexyyy. someone needs to check that bad boy for exploits.

• wychwych Member

@Corey said:
    Did they fix all the holes though? I would like to be able to recommend this to customers again.

Thats what I want to know zPanel>Kloxo for UX.

• the new ui of zpanel looks nice

the last i use zpanel was v6 and it looks crappy back then

• wychwych Member

@johnlth93 said:
    the new ui of zpanel looks nice

the last i use zpanel was v6 and it looks crappy back then

It was crappy before 10.1.0.

• InterWorx is a nice alternative to cPanel. It's known for easy scalability.

• @wych said:
    It was crappy before 10.1.0.

So? SolusVM had the 0-day exploit. Why are hosting companies still using it? History proved it could be vulnerable. OMG! It's crap!11!

• @DennisdeWit said:

He was talking about the GUI..

• @David_P said:
    He was talking about the GUI..

Then the guy never worked with Kloxo. Talking about odd design.