Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any reviews on serverroom.net?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any reviews on serverroom.net?

Does anyone know of this provider serverroom.net? Looked around here and just found one thread on someone having a server with them but no review on them.

Thanks.

Comments

• If I wanted to rent a phone on a 1Mbps "unmetered" line for $16 a month I guess I know where to look.

• WSSWSS Member

$10/mo for a pi 3. Are they fucking high?

• But man, your Pi comes with 16GB of flash memory and will be delivered as soon as the 2 day package from Amazon arrives in their offices.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited October 2017

Their "free server for a year" gimmick is pretty shady...

The server is $7/mo normally, but the setup fee for it is $79 so the server ends up being just shy of $7/mo anyway except you have to pay for a year up front... pretty scummy marketing.

Thanked by 2WSS omelas
  • WSSWSS Member

I guess I'm buying it every couple months?

• And in their whole budget server table they suddenly switch from amount of traffic to speed of port, hmmm

• WSSWSS Member

So, you get the choice of an X2150 for free ($79 setup), $7/mo ($19 setup), or $29/mo ($0 Setup), or an ARM v8 for $129.99/mo ($0 setup). They're high as hell. Scaleway will cut you off a piece of theirs for 10% of that.

• serverroomserverroom Member
    edited October 2017

$7/mo, $13.99 setup for a x2150, 4 cores, 8GB RAM, 32GB SSD and 100mbps on a 1gbps port. This is a bare metal server not a cloud server.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2018

FOR SCIENCE!

I got one of these Dedis in Bucharest, it was 8.99$.

Its advertised as 10Mbit, and yes, its 1Gbit shared.

Here are some benchmarks:

Its beats an Atom dedi by 2x the performance but still, its not going to be a beast.

If you need a small dedi with SSD go for it, when they have it discounted to around 8-9$.

Performance wise, you can get a KS4C while flashsale for 15.30$ which has about 6k benchmark, also there are some Intel Avotons available with around 4k around the same price range.

But the Support was fast actually, if you prefer good support, its a plus for them, I kinda like the livechat.

Thanked by 2sin kassle
  • sinsin Member

Neoon said: But the Support was fast actually, if you prefer good support, its a plus for them, I kinda like the livechat

What's the panel like? Are you able to choose different OSes or do they have a rescue boot?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2018

Seems intriguing, but I stopped at this step in the order:

Special characters are not allowed!

When configuring hostname. Even something as simple as "serv" fails.

• kasslekassle Member

the ipv6 only is looks interesting

@sin said:

Neoon said: But the Support was fast actually, if you prefer good support, its a plus for them, I kinda like the livechat

What's the panel like? Are you able to choose different OSes or do they have a rescue boot?

No Rescue boot, Debian on request.

Spoiler: the NY Dedi for 7$ its not 10Mbit, again 1Gbit shared.

But no guarantee that yours also gets Gbit.

A Dedi for the Kimsufi price, with 1Gbit, SSD double the performance as the Atom.

Not bad, the downside its just v6 and no AntiDDOS.

Small update, NY seems to be stable, BU had apparently and outage 2 days ago.

Hopefully, BU gets stable again.